• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Arte finally speaks

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/los-angeles-angels-manager-mike-scioscia-job-not-in-danger-says-owner-arte-moreno-051613

The Los Angeles Angels have one of the worst records — and highest payrolls — in the American League, but owner Arte Moreno said Wednesday that the job of manager Mike Scioscia is safe.

Moreno spoke to FOXSports.com outside Major League Baseball’s headquarters in New York, where he is attending this week’s owners’ meetings. He said the chances of an in-season managerial change are “right now, zero.”

Come on guys is Arte really going to go through the media to say that Scioscia is on the hot seat? That would be very unprofessional and would strain the relationship. If it happened I could see it happening out of nowhere, that's how the Angels' front office has always worked, they never make front office things public.

If everybody on the team was hitting .300, and the pitchers were undefeated, and all our relievers had done a good job and we’d made no errors, we wouldn't be in this conversation.

So, does this means the Coaches who do the instruction of the basic fundamentals of the game will be replaced instead? And Butcher will be held accountable for the pitchers?

Arte just doesn't want to admit that he and his GM don't know what they're doing...

Butcher definitely needs to go, he never seems to help the pitchers after mound visits and every pitcher that comes here underperforms, that can't be a coincidence. Once we get some of our players off the DL and the bullpen and rotation are how Dipoto designed(except for Joe Blanton, release that asshole, and put Richards in his rotation spot and Jerome back to the pen)we will be much better, I hope anyways....

What else is he going to say? I don't know too many VP of sales that would walk into a board meeting and say "It's the end of our second quarter and we are not going to hit our sales goals for the year". The Angels still have a product to sell good or bad for a lot of games. Any changes would come in October.

If everybody on the team was hitting .300, and the pitchers were undefeated, and all our relievers had done a good job and we’d made no errors, we wouldn't be in this conversation.

So, does this means the Coaches who do the instruction of the basic fundamentals of the game will be replaced instead? And Butcher will be held accountable for the pitchers?

Seriously, who makes it all the way to the MLB level and needs instruction on basic fundamentals?

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/los-angeles-angels-manager-mike-scioscia-job-not-in-danger-says-owner-arte-moreno-051613

The Los Angeles Angels have one of the worst records — and highest payrolls — in the American League, but owner Arte Moreno said Wednesday that the job of manager Mike Scioscia is safe.

Moreno spoke to FOXSports.com outside Major League Baseball’s headquarters in New York, where he is attending this week’s owners’ meetings. He said the chances of an in-season managerial change are “right now, zero.”

He owes Scioscia 30 million do you really think he was going to fire the guy midseason?

Now, an off season buyout I would not rule out!

Of course, because Arte is likely the one who pushed to give him a 10 year contract.

While not all of this is Scioscia's fault, it's also like Arte thinks this is still the 2000s. 

At least Arte finally acknowledged the mediocre state of the farm.    Now about the foreign scouting, Arte? 

I believe that Mike S will be leaving the angels at season's end unless they reach the playoffs.  i would like to see Tim Bogar get shot at managing the Angels.  Time for some new blood and fresh thinking.  The only reason to make a change mid year would be to give Bogar a chance to evaluate the other coaches.  

Moreno added with a smile: “Last night [a 6-2 win over Kansas City] was a beautiful thing: Albert, Hamilton, (Mike) Trout and Howie (Kendrick) hit home runs. Probably, all that was missing was (Mark) Trumbo. If you get all five of those guys to hit one every night, we’ll be fine.”

Well no shit, Arte.  I'm not sure this guy knows much about baseball.

I believe that Mike S will be leaving the angels at season's end unless they reach the playoffs.  i would like to see Tim Bogar get shot at managing the Angels.  Time for some new blood and fresh thinking.  The only reason to make a change mid year would be to give Bogar a chance to evaluate the other coaches.  

Yep. and to that end, it is most prudent for Arte to play up Mike as being a good manager who is just not a good fit for the direction of this organization, and not someone who is incompetent, so that if a better managerial candidate comes around might be possible to set up an amicable settlement on the money still owed to Scisoscia, or even arrange some kind of a trade.

Trash talking Scioscia in the media would accomplish nothing for Arte even if he fully intends to fire him next week.