• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Arte finally speaks

I think more than the record or lack of playoffs, what's really going to bring about change is the drop in attendance.  I know school isn't out yet, but judging from tv, the games have been very sparsely attended. There's enough to do in the summer in SoCal that if the team stinks and/or is out of contention, people just aren't going to go and I can't imagine Arte is going to sit idly by and watch that happen without making some changes.

Dipoto is the one who assembled this team. If anybody goes first it would be him.

I agree that Dipoto put together a weak pitching staff and no bench. He certainly should be held accountable. I also think it is time for a managerial change no later than the end of the season.

I also think we have to see how the team plays when Bourgos, Weaver and Madsen come back. If they continue to play the same then make changes at the AS break.

Moreno played baseball in high school, was part owner a minor league club, part owner of the Diamondbacks before purchasing the Angels for $184 million with a value today of $718 according to Forbes. He attends almost every Spring Training game in Tempe to see what sort of team he has going into the season. I doubt anyone on this message board has a resume close to Moreno's involvement in all the operational aspects of owning a team.

Wow moreno doesn't watch any games does he? Or he doesnt know a damn thing about the game of baseball.

Moreno added with a smile: “Last night [a 6-2 win over Kansas City] was a beautiful thing: Albert, Hamilton, (Mike) Trout and Howie (Kendrick) hit home runs. Probably, all that was missing was (Mark) Trumbo. If you get all five of those guys to hit one every night, we’ll be fine.”

Well no shit, Arte.  I'm not sure this guy knows much about baseball.

Moreno also said: "A couple of games ago, Chris Sale almost threw a perfect game against us. In fact, it was Trout who spoiled it for him by getting our only hit in the 7th inning. If our pitchers could do that to the opposing hitters every game, we would pick up some wins."

If they don't turn it around something will happen. The stadium was pretty sparce last night. That means parking revenue is down and every restaurant in the surrounding area will feel it. The ushers told me that the actual turnstile count for Mondays game was 17,200 and many ushers were sent home along with closing many concessions throughout the park.

If they don't turn it around something will happen. The stadium was pretty sparce last night. That means parking revenue is down and every restaurant in the surrounding area will feel it. The ushers told me that the actual turnstile count for Mondays game was 17,200 and many ushers were sent home along with closing many concessions throughout the park.

I guess most people broke out their blue and went to the Dodgers game last night. They had over 51,000.

What tomsred said.

Regarding the need to have knick knacks around the house, it's like what Andy Dufresne says in that one Shawshank scene about the opera music he's listening to for the first time in years..."You never forget it.   It's up here (pointing to his head)."  

I don't need knick knacks to remember the years that I've followed the Halos.   Although I'm proud to say that I have Rob Goldman's book on the Halos (gift from my girlfriend at 2012's fanfest).

Yup.  When it all comes down to it, it is all about the $$$ and a losing team doesn't put butts in the seats.  I got offered four free tickets for yesterdays game and turned them down.  For the way this team has played this year, it is not worth the time and energy to go to the stadium to see them play.  I'd rather watch from home because at least there, I can change the channel.

It was 103 in anaheim that day and 90 at game time.  Blanton was pitching and KC was our opponent.  It was a monday. 

i find it absolutely hilarious when people suggest that Arte doesn't know baseball. 

I also agree that I wouldn't expect him to say anything different even if the interview took place while he was on his phone in a meeting discussing the firing of Scioscia. 

However, I think it's unlikely that he says anything at all or even gives an interview about the subject if firing him was imminent.

I also like that Arte essentially put it back on the players performance. 

I doubt that Dipoto's is on the hot seat all that much either as Arte knows that he himself is as much responsible for bringing in who he has to this point.