• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How much are you willing to give up for this season?

Team isn't good enough to go for it. It's pretty simple. We aren't one reliever away from having a good pen. We aren't one hitter away from having a good lineup 

We're 3-4 good relievers and 3 bats away from having a real shot at anything meaningful.

Stay the course, get rid of the deadweight, get rid of Scioscia after the season, and load up for next year

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

+1

Again, what does Valnobuena supply, that JMF can't??????????????????????   Almost seems like they never want to promote JMF.

or they are just trying to get thier moneys worth out of a backup without gutting SLC?  i see little benefit to JMF or Fletcher sitting the big league bench.
Baby steps, start with one.. i vote Kinsler 

Just now, floplag said:

or they are just trying to get thier moneys worth out of a backup without gutting SLC?  i see little benefit to JMF or Fletcher sitting the big league bench.
Baby steps, start with one.. i vote Kinsler 

Fine, then call up Fletcher to replace Kinsler, and then soon call up JMF and dump Valnobuena.

Valnobuena is ONLY owed $5 million, peanuts next to Hackilton and Wells.  

Just now, BackUpTheTruck said:

Nobody will fault Eppler for replacing washed up players who hit like NL pitchers. People will fault Eppler if Calhoun and Kinsler bat below the Mendoza line for the whole season and Jerry Dipoto is laughing at us when they clinch a WC spot.

if he calls up 4 or 5 at once, and they  fail, youre damned right he will get blamed.  This isnt varsity calling up the JV at the end of the year, you simply dont make that kind of move all at once. 

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Fine, then call up Fletcher to replace Kinsler, and then soon call up JMF and dump Valnobuena.

Valnobuena is ONLY owed $5 million, peanuts next to Hackilton and Wells.  

Totally fine with that, makes perfect sense, only i think i would do something about Calhoun prior to Valbuena myself. 

5 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Agreed, if Cold Calhoun continues to hit in the dumps against poor pitching over the next month.

U want to give Calhoun another month of this. Ouch I guess playing 7 vs 9 every day sounds fun to some then. 

31 minutes ago, floplag said:

Fine, but all at once?  no way, you dont do that.  
#1 release Kinsler, call up Fletcher or JMF see what happens. 
#2 Calhoun, im perplexed, but it cant continue, let him work it out in AAA.  But we need to see if he can be fixed.  None of the OF at SLC are putting up staggering numbers and since EY isnt on the 40.  

Agree with all of this. 

10 minutes ago, REDneck said:

Unfortunately I think your right...

I think Eppler swung and missed this year with his acquisitions and neglecting the pen.

Well, he could have done better of course. But this is a transitional year for the Halos. We don't have the pitching depth in the upper minors to contend just yet. Hopefully that will be fixed by next year.

Next year is the year where I will really judge him. There's no excuse for the Halos to not be a sure fire 90+ win team next season, barring a major injury to Trout/Ohtani/Simmons

Truthfully how cool would it be if we got moose for less then what we would get him for in free agency (compensation.)

We need some relievers.... and if we can get some relievers for more then just this year. I’m on board.

I would also like to keep Kinsler. Bench position or whatever. I just think his experience and defending is still an asset. 

59 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Leave it to dick to bring up wood.

(If i dont get POTY for that, this place is rigged)

Brandon Wood always had the look on his face like he has a anxiety disorder & it turned out that was exactly the case with Brandon Wood. It appears to be easier for pitchers to overcome the anxiety (see Greinke) than hitters.

If he never had the anxiety, Brandon Wood could have had the confidence & mental strength to be decent 3B.

Still will always remember that game where Brandon Wood was part of a back to back to back Angels HRs in a game.