• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What I don't like...

Torridd

... is that the Angels failed to hit at all in both the Boston and New York series at home. It makes them looks weak. I hope it's just a coincidence. They at least hit against the Astros, but the intensity has to come through if they want to play against the top opponents.

We've got four or five guys right now that have completely lost their ability to make contact with a pitched ball. Slumps can be contagious and also last a long time.

One problem is they're staring at pitches right down the middle of the plate, then swinging at absolute crap. They're making it way too easy for the pitchers. That's got to stop!

I keep telling myself that this team isn't a finished product.  A few new faces and lots of adjustments are still being made.  Too many guys are scuffling right now, but I have to believe this isn't going to last.  I honestly believe they'll get better as the season moves forward. 

13 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I keep telling myself that this team isn't a finished product.  A few new faces and lots of adjustments are still being made.  Too many guys are scuffling right now, but I have to believe this isn't going to last.  I honestly believe they'll get better as the season moves forward. 

I didn't expect the Angels to lead the league in every offensive category like they did after the 13-3 start, and I don't expect them to play this poorly for much longer.  The track record is too long for these guys to all be playing so poorly.  I too believe things will get better. 

1 hour ago, Torridd said:

... is that the Angels failed to hit at all in both the Boston and New York series at home. It makes them looks weak. I hope it's just a coincidence. They at least hit against the Astros, but the intensity has to come through if they want to play against the top opponents.

TBH, they really only hit against the Astros in one of the three games. Against their weak spot: bullpen.

2 hours ago, Mark68 said:

TBH, they really only hit against the Astros in one of the three games. Against their weak spot: bullpen.

The Stros pen has actually been mostly outstanding so far.    The top six guys as of the close of our series had a collective 1.75 ERA.

The real damage came against the ONE guy who has struggled in the pen, Joe Smith. 

That improved pen is one of the reasons why I can see them going back-to-back WS titles. 

We lost the season opener then we lost our home opener. I know that only counts as 2 loses but it just seems like they can’t get up for big games. Bos & NY we played bad. In our home opener we scored zero runs. Greatest start in franchise history and we’re in third place. Go figure.

Oh well, venting over. Let’s try our luck with Baltimore. 

26 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

The Stros pen has actually been mostly outstanding so far.    The top six guys as of the close of our series had a collective 1.75 ERA.

The real damage came against the ONE guy who has struggled in the pen, Joe Smith. 

That improved pen is one of the reason's why I can see them going back-to-back WS titles. 

They've improved on their already great team. Altuve with a 5th straight year of 200+ hits? Bregman, Springer, Correa, etc. Murderer's Row for the 21st century.

Another thing: a full year of Verlander, and Charlie Morton pitching like the original Cy Young.

Edited by fan_since79

8 hours ago, OHTANILAND said:

We lost the season opener then we lost our home opener. I know that only counts as 2 loses but it just seems like they can’t get up for big games. Bos & NY we played bad. In our home opener we scored zero runs. Greatest start in franchise history and we’re in third place. Go figure.

Oh well, venting over. Let’s try our luck with Baltimore. 

Fortunately, the games against Houston didn't mean anything. 

12 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

I don't like onions.

I'm with you on this brother. @Tank can take a hike

In all seriousness, it's one of the only things on this planet that I will not eat. I can't explain it either. It's one of those mental things I can't overcome. Kind of like Calhoun swinging a bat. 

What I dont like is learning today in the newspaper that Ohtani was supposedly available to PH on Sunday, but Scioscia did not use him. That's what's in the MLB Roundup (probably an Associated Press product) this AM in the Idaho Statesman. He had as good a chance as anyone at catching up to a 98 mph fastball. We only needed one to tie.

It also says that Ohtani will not pitch until the weekend series in SEA. Supposedly, Thursday WAS likely. I guess they are setting things up for his return to his traditional Sunday spot.

Man, these Japanese folk have lots of traditions. Eating blowfish innards, hitting only half the games while pitching. Some of these are not well-advised, on the whole.

Wondering when he returns as a DH...............