• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angel Prospects you're the most excited about

Cdaniel

11 minutes ago, Cdaniel said:

Love reading the prospect thread but I was curious, which Angel Prospects is everyone the most excited about?  Also, which prospect have you been disappointed in so far?  I loved the Nonnie Williams pick but I haven't heard much about him lately.

It changes every day. One day it's Canning, the next it's Marsh, next week it will be Adell. Finally we have a system!

I'd really like to see Rivas do well.

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Most pumped about: so many of them, this is a real farm system again.

Most disappointed in: has to be Baldoquin.  Second would be Nonie Williams, who hasn’t even progressed to Orem yet after two rookie league seasons with a .560s OPS.

Agreed on Baldoquin.  Seems like when he is starting to put it together he gets hurt.

I'm excited to actually have prospects that I feel can develop into something more than just utility players or middle relievers :P

More specifically, I'm most interested in Canning.  He profiled as a mid-rotation arm when drafted, but his stuff has improved a bit, so now he appears to have more of a #2-type upside if things click.  A top 3 of Ohtani, Richards, and Canning could be quite formidable for years to come.

I'm excited about Crod, unfortunately he's hurt. But, your looking at solid four pitch arsenal, that range from plus to above average and good commands.

Keep an eye on Jose Soriano, I've heard positive things about him this year.

Most disappointed has to the 8 million boy Baldoquin, we could have gotten Vlad Jr if it was for Baldoquin.

I'm most excited about Shohei Ohtani. But other than him, it's Jo Adell. That power and speed from a 19 year old kid is insane. He could legitimately be Dave Winfield.

I'm most curious about Leo Rivas. He's clearly ready for something more challenging than the Midwest League, but I'll be curious to see if the speed and OBP remain.

Most disappointed....I guess Nate Smith which is no fault of his own.

Jo Adell.  The excitement comes from his personal skill set, his game changing power in every at bat.

I am also digging the idea of how the Angels basically stole Maitan.  So my excitement on him comes from how the Angels were able to add such a quality prospect as a "free bonus" to pool of talent.  It's like going to buy tires and you find a "4th tire free" coupon on the ground walking into the tire store.  Score!!

So those two excite me for totally different reasons.

6 hours ago, Cdaniel said:

Love reading the prospect thread but I was curious, which Angel Prospects is everyone the most excited about?  Also, which prospect have you been disappointed in so far?  I loved the Nonnie Williams pick but I haven't heard much about him lately.

That's because he's beginning his third year in a row in instructional league/Rookie ball. Not good. He's the new Chevy Clarke.

Definitely curious about Maitan. His upside is huge. Not quite where Adell is, but in terms of bat only, Maitan's upside is unmatched in the Angels system. He can legitimately be Miguel Cabrera type of hitter.

He's lost in the sauce right now. Looks terrible. But if it all comes together, he could be a Vlad Guerrero Jr. type of prospect.