• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018-2019 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

32 minutes ago, nate said:

Jesus, more dumpster diving.  Rowney and Gibbons.

I get that we need to sign Gibson, Kase and Henrique.  But some of these guys are a fu*cking joke.  Who knows what the hell is going on. 

Im slightly interested in the Swedish kid we signed yesterday.  I guess he led the Swedish league in scoring.  But his prior stint (20-25 games) in the NHL was extremely bad.  We’ll see. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

This has been so Facking underwhelming so far. Unfortunately, when you have guys like Perry and Kesler clogging up the payroll it's hard to make moves. Especially with how much guys are getting right now in Free Agency. All of these moves so far have been non factor moves. Meanwhile, every other team is getting stronger. Hate to say it, gents, but the window is officially closed on the Getzlaf era. GMBM is a huge reason for this.

Carter Rowney

2 seasons with the Penguins

Total of 71 GP, 12 points, -11.  Corsi and Fenwick last season of 46/46.2 and 49.2/49.9 before that.

28 years old.  3 years, $1.33 million a year.

Ritchie must approve of this signing.  

Brian Gibbons was given a 1 year contract for $1 million

29 YO.  At least last season in 59 games, he had 26 points.  No defense though with a 44/45.1 Corsi Fenwick.  

Both have to be minor league depth right?  Because if they are on the opening day roster, we are fucked.

I heard the Ducks are in on Erik Karlsson. I'd include Lindholm in the trade only if there is a window to sign Karlsson(Trade cancelled if he doesn't sign) or Karlsson is signed pre-trade. This opens up a future LHD spot for Mahura.

LD/RD 1: Fowler/Karlsson

LD/RD 2: Larsson/Manson

LD/RD 3: Petterson/Montour

Or do they trade to acquire another LHD so Larsson isn't on the 2nd pairing ?

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

This is some Duck fan nobody but the tweet made me laugh. 

If he had (NHL elite) hands than you'd be paying him a lot more than 3 and change a season and couldn't afford him. I keep reminding myself that watching Trevor Lewis on the break. It helps with the pain.

8 minutes ago, Thomas said:

If he had (NHL elite) hands than you'd be paying him a lot more than 3 and change a season and couldn't afford him. I keep reminding myself that watching Trevor Lewis on the break. It helps with the pain.

I appreciate this emotional support. 

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

If Murray somehow manages to land Karlsson, I’ll be happy to eat my words and be wrong about him. 

If he ends up here, it will because he (or his wife!!!) wants the SoCal life and the Kings extended DD so they don’t have the cap space.

Longshot, but it’s all we have.

2 hours ago, deepdrive said:

If he ends up here, it will because he (or his wife!!!) wants the SoCal life and the Kings extended DD so they don’t have the cap space.

Longshot, but it’s all we have.

& possibly the idea of having fellow Swede Lindholm as his D partner interests him as Karlsson could just pinch the whole time he is on the ice with Lindholm backing him up incase there is a turnover but on the powerplay he could play with Fowler & they just fly all over the ice causing havoc for opposing teams. Also Silf & Rakell fellow swedes.

Looking at it more, i'd think Montour goes if Karlsson is coming, he's a RHD & Karlsson is a RHD. Trading Lindholm for Karlsson would open a hole at LHD & Larsson is too inexperienced to play in 2nd pair.