• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018-2019 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

2 hours ago, nate said:

Gibby extended 8 years.

6.4m AAV

Finally some good news for the team.  This is a great deal for the Ducks. Super pleased with this.  I sincerely believe that Gibson is a top 5 goalie in the league right now.  With his arrow trending up.   Hats off to GMBM. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

3 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Just hope they stop over playing him so they don't end up with another Perry contract. Everybody's body is different. Their DNA is different. Guys like Gibson and Eaves ate never going to have the durability of a Getzlaf or Cogliano.

To be fair, I don’t think Gibson’s injury issues approach the same stratosphere at Eaves.  Eaves literally has spent more of his career on the IR then actually playing.  I think Gibson’s injuries are a bit overstated to be honest.  He’s had his problems, but most of his trips to IR haven’t been that long.   They won’t over work him, that’s why they gave Miller the contract. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

22 hours ago, nate said:

Gibby extended 8 years.

6.4m AAV

Considering Hellebuyck got 6/$37 after really a break out season.  Not a bad deal with Gibson, who has more NHL experience, but was at the same RFA point as Hellebuyck.  

Now we just need to find a taker for Perry.

23 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Considering Hellebuyck got 6/$37 after really a break out season.  Not a bad deal with Gibson, who has more NHL experience, but was at the same RFA point as Hellebuyck.  

Now we just need to find a taker for Perry.

Ain’t nobody buying on Perry bruh.  Seriously, it’s a sunk cost. 

8 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Ain’t nobody buying on Perry bruh.  Seriously, it’s a sunk cost. 

I don't believe it.  Somehow Philly was able to get rid of Pronger.  Chicago able to get rid of Hossa.  Detroit able to get rid of whatever that guy that retired.  There are ways, that for some reason we don't want to do. 

Wow.  This is an interesting read.  Ducks, when it comes to goaltending, is in a pretty good place.  Oh, and next year, Gibson will be making more than Quick.  And that just doesn't seem right.  But good for the Kings.  With Gibson's raise next season, that would put us 8th on the list.  

Montreal, Boston Find Themselves Atop Goaltending Salary Chart

4 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Wow.  This is an interesting read.  Ducks, when it comes to goaltending, is in a pretty good place.  Oh, and next year, Gibson will be making more than Quick.  And that just doesn't seem right.  But good for the Kings.  With Gibson's raise next season, that would put us 8th on the list.  

Montreal, Boston Find Themselves Atop Goaltending Salary Chart

Plus having the 3 goalie prospects they have in the system, the Eriksson Ek guy & the 2 Slovakian kids they drafted.

I'm not surprised Gibson is commited to the Ducks long term, this isn't a team thats going to blow it all up, they'll transition year by year & that they could still be a contender if they play much better defensively. The 8th seed Kings won a cup in 2012 with Defense & Goaltending, we don't have a Doughty but we got 4 quality guys & the bottom 2 should be good.

Like those Kings, Canucks & Wild teams of the past that contended with strong goaltending & defense.

6 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Oh, I hope some team buys what the Ducks are selling.

Ducks 2017-18 Player Review - Corey Perry

Since the article points out he's a solid playmaker, he should be on a line that lacks one such as the 3rd line. Having him play with guys who can put the puck in the net works well as he's good at setting up other players.

If the Coyotes were in a different division they might have traded him there already if he waived his NMC but no one wants to live in that desert city with an empty arena.

3 hours ago, OCAngelsNotLAA said:

If they stay healthy I think they could be but if they miss the playoffs I want them to miss bad so we can get a high draft pick for once.  

I'd like us to be so far out of it, that Perry, Silfverberg, Ritchie and anyone else that doesn't have a future on the team get traded.  Then again, I wish they would be traded for some of the juicy one year rentals out here right now.  Panarin would be the absolute tits.  But re-signing him may be an issue.  I think right now, Stone is my top choice.  Consistent guy that can fit on the shutdown line to make it better.  Ryan would probably be the expensive third wheel.  But he could get a ressurection on the third line with some really skilled guys, or could find the magic again with Getz.  But Max and Doosh wouldn't be bad, although for Max, re-signing him might be an issue.  Because he isn't the player that he wants to be paid like.  And Doosh also isn't the player he was a few years ago.

12 hours ago, nate said:

With the Ducks not doing anything this off season, does anyone think this is even a playoff team?

I’ve felt that it’s 50/50 at best that they make the post season.  I would definitely not be surprised if it’s prettg rough this year.  The forward group is bad, and honestly we’ll see with the defense.  Obviously a lot more faith in that group then the forwards.  Gibson coverd up a lot of dog shit last year though. 

If the Ducks don't make the playoffs.  There is always this.

Don't Trade 2019 First Rounders

There is a distinct possibility that the 2019 NHL Draft is projecting to be a deep conscription process that will yield between 10 and 12 difference making players. 

Looks like Buffalo with 3 first round picks already had a scout plan in place.  

I think we have the players to be a playoff contender. But, I don’t think we have the players, coaching, or management to be anything but a fringe Stanley Cup finals contender. I think at this point Getzlaf and Perry have shown that all they are is the Sedins - really good hockey players, but not championship players. Perry had the work ethic early on, but never the natural talent. Getzlaf is hockeys Vlad G - the talent to be a superstar, just not the head/motivation. Randy can win a SC championship if he has 3 hall of famers, a goalie stand on his head during his prime, and the supporting cast (including your rookies being of Perry and Getzlaf’s caliber). Murray could be a hall of fame Asst. GM.

If the Ducks are smart this could be a transition year. Put the emphasis on skill development more than winning every game. The Kings and Sharks are set up to win now. Their payroll could kick their arse in a couple years. We need to see if we can get Kessler healthy. Knock another year off Perry’s contract and see if we can move him.

i think our best opportunity is 2019-20. The Ducks shouldn’t waste this year trying to be good enough to get knocked out in the first round.

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

For having a great core of young defensemen.  The Ducks do not have one defensemen in the top 20 in the league. 

NHL News: Senators, Islanders, Devils, Potential NCAA UFAs, and Top 20 NHL Defensemen

Not that surprising.  Montours only had one full year in the league, Fowler keeps getting hurt, Manson is probably the most reliable and complete but doesn’t have the skill upside.  Lindholm, well.   I think we’ve all discussed the disappointment that is Hampuis Lindholm plenty.  Maybe this is the year he steps up.  

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Not that surprising.  Montours only had one full year in the league, Fowler keeps getting hurt, Manson is probably the most reliable and complete but doesn’t have the skill upside.  Lindholm, well.   I think we’ve all discussed the disappointment that is Hampuis Lindholm plenty.  Maybe this is the year he steps up.  

Thats why i wouldn't trade him, our luck Lindholm would have that breakout year after a trade.

The positives going forward is he has the track record of playing great defense in the past (except for last season) & he's had 2 years with 10 goals or more. Say his defense goes back to what it was & his offense continues where he left off this past season, we could see him at 15 goals/ 40 to 45 points & top shutdown numbers.
Of the Ducks D-men he is best at getting pucks thru traffic which is an overlooked skill, sometimes it leads to a goal for him, forces a faceoff after goalie covers it, or leads to a big rebound & pass that scores.

46 minutes ago, OCAngelsNotLAA said:

I like the Kase deal, $2.6/year for 3 years sounds good to me even if he doesnt improve on last seasons numbers.  

Wish it would have been for longer.  But that's not a bad deal at all.  The good thing is, he's still a RFA at the end of that contract.  But if he continues to improve like a certain Rakell, he'll be a steal.  So hopefully between 43 and 51 points for Kase next season.