• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018-2019 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

6 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I'm fine with LTIR for Perry.  The way he was playing last season, he's the Albert Pujols of the team.  He would still produce.  But is still a black hole, detriment to the team.  Once the season starts, we are going to have a bunch of cap room to hopefully make a long term significant trade.  That is if Murray is awake.

Murray is an old school Irish-Canadian who likely gets drunk on weekends & is asleep on the job on mondays.

Comtois had a great game tonight i heard. Lundestrom got another point. I've also heard Mahura is playing better than Larsson.

I've heard talk on another forum that in Sweden they think quite highly of Lundestrom that he'll likely be their top line center in the next WJC

The more i keep hearing about Lundestrom its like the 2012 draft all over again. Lindholm didn't put up big numbers in his draft year.

Meanwhile former Ducks 2nd round pick in 2015 Julius Nattinenen had his contract terminated. Finnish forwards are hit or miss imo.

1 hour ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Comtois had a great game tonight i heard. Lundestrom got another point. I've also heard Mahura is playing better than Larsson.

I've heard talk on another forum that in Sweden they think quite highly of Lundestrom that he'll likely be their top line center in the next WJC

The more i keep hearing about Lundestrom its like the 2012 draft all over again. Lindholm didn't put up big numbers in his draft year.

Meanwhile former Ducks 2nd round pick in 2015 Julius Nattinenen had his contract terminated. Finnish forwards are hit or miss imo.

I think the Ducks have to take into consideration the next draft.  While Ludestrom, Comtois, and Mahura are playing well.  I think the Ducks will bury them in Sweden/OHL so that their pro clocks don't start ticking.   But it is good to see them playing well.  And that they are still on the team means they are getting some good hard looks.  

The other Swede looks hungry to make the team also, Pettersson.  

And poor Ritchie.  That Rico/Kase/Silfverberg line has been on fire.  

13 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I think the Ducks have to take into consideration the next draft.  While Ludestrom, Comtois, and Mahura are playing well.  I think the Ducks will bury them in Sweden/OHL so that their pro clocks don't start ticking.   But it is good to see them playing well.  And that they are still on the team means they are getting some good hard looks.  

The other Swede looks hungry to make the team also, Pettersson.  

I think Terry makes the roster maybe as an additional RW ? Or they move someone over to RW & have Steel Center a line.

22 minutes ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

I think Terry makes the roster maybe as an additional RW ? Or they move someone over to RW & have Steel Center a line.

Interestingly, CBS  Sports depth chart has Terry as the starting RW.  But really the only line that does make sense on their depth chart is the second.  I think Gibbons will be put on the top line till Eaves gets there.  A Steel/Cogs/Terry third line till Kesler is back?  And a Rowney/Blandisi/Roy as the fourth line?  

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/teams/depth-chart/ANA/anaheim-ducks

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Interestingly, CBS  Sports depth chart has Terry as the starting RW.  But really the only line that does make sense on their depth chart is the second.  I think Gibbons will be put on the top line till Eaves gets there.  A Steel/Cogs/Terry third line till Kesler is back?  And a Rowney/Blandisi/Roy as the fourth line?  

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/teams/depth-chart/ANA/anaheim-ducks

I was at the game so i don't know if it was mentioned but Gibbons blocked a shot last night in the 3rd period that ripped his glove off.  I saw him go straight to the lockerroom and i don't think he ever came back.  Hopefully it is nothing serious 

On 9/27/2018 at 12:46 AM, gotbeer said:

Man, f*uck Nick Ritchie.  That idiot should be in camp protecting his job.  Nothing he’s done in his short and worthless NHL career justifies this hold out.  Someone is going to steal his job, good riddance. 

On 9/28/2018 at 4:10 PM, UndertheHalo said:

Man, f*uck Nick Ritchie.  That idiot should be in camp protecting his job.  Nothing he’s done in his short and worthless NHL career justifies this hold out.  Someone is going to steal his job, good riddance. 

Ritchie is a prima donna if he thinks he's worth that much to be holding out. Given Murray's past, he'll definitely trade him or do a sign & trade.

46 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I really, really like this top line of Terry, Getzlaf, Rakell.  Might do exciting things. 

They looked good last night, the Kings looked like the Ducks of last year. Who needs Perry when we have Terry.

They may not have elite prospects but Ducks have ton of guys who someday when combined could average out to 35 to 40 points each providing alot of depth on every single line. Too bad they still have Scioscia....oops i mean Carlyle as coach.

On 9/29/2018 at 4:22 PM, deepdrive said:

I think at this point, Ritchie probably won't be back. 

We'll see, but I think it's more likely he gets traded. 

Yeah.  I'm wondering if a deal is in place to include him with others.  Once the season starts, Perry officially is on the IR, and his salary is deductable.  That's a hell of a lot of cap space for the Ducks.  And that cap space is not available until the season starts.  

7 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Murray was saying that they think Perry will be back around the trade deadline.  Even if they LTIR him apparently they plan on playing him this year.  

I thought it was odd that Murray would equate Perry's comeback time to the trade deadline.  On one hand you could say, hey we get Perry back, and it's like we traded for someone.  on the other hand, maybe it's his way of saying he'll be back in time to trade him to a contender.

Just my opinion.  But if the Ducks are struggling, then they would want to jetisson the salary.  If the Ducks are doing well.  Then the question is, do we really need Perry, since the team is already doing well.  So you'd still jetisson him.  

I think the Perry situation is as simple as (a) they want to move him and (b) they've placed a value on him that, if exceeded, they will make the deal.

I think at this point, no one has placed a value higher than the Ducks on him.

I would be curious to know what they value him at. Obviously it's more than the buyout discount. So, that's like 2.something million?

2 hours ago, deepdrive said:

I think the Perry situation is as simple as (a) they want to move him and (b) they've placed a value on him that, if exceeded, they will make the deal.

I think at this point, no one has placed a value higher than the Ducks on him.

I would be curious to know what they value him at. Obviously it's more than the buyout discount. So, that's like 2.something million?

When you look at his production last season.  49 points still was a productive player, and that was in 71 games.  So he could have gotten some more points with a few more games raising his ranking up.  But as is, he was 119th in the league.  And compared to the older players, tied with Hornqvist ($5.3 million) and Skinner ($5.725 million).  So I'd say his value is in the $5.5 million range. 

He's owed $8.625 million.  So he's getting paid $3.125 million too much.  Now if the Ducks were to retain $3.125 million, then the Skinner Trade might be a good barometer of what the Ducks could get back.  2nd round pick in 2019.  3rd and 6th in 2020.  20 year old prospect that was a 3rd round pick.  Although Skinner has not signed an extension yet, so the rate may be a rental rate.  

I think the hangup is going to be in how much the Ducks are going to retain.  My guess is, they'd like to retain at most the low end of what it would cost to buyout his contract.  Which is $2 million in the final 2 years.  2.6 and 6.6 in the first two years.  So that would mean whatever team is trading for him is doing so at about a $1 million premium.  Which might still be doable for a contender.  

Pontus - is that a name or a biblical character? Anyway, I never heard of this guy. 

Bob is having a field day this year - at his dumpster diving best. And, before anyone tells me that some of his signings are good moves, I want to reiterate that that’s not the point. The point is this guy patterns. Going forward as GM (however long that lasts), this is what you’re always going to get from this guy. Not the big trade that brings someone like Karllson in. Nope, this guy spends his waking hours trying to figure out how to get something for nothing. He would make a great assistant GM. You might even be able to win a Stanley Cup with him there. He’s too flawed to be a Stanley Cup winning GM though. His only hope is to get lucky and catch lightning in a bottle. Good luck with that. Good, but probably never good enough - that’s Bob.

Oh,and while I’m ranting, look at the helpless Kings. They have a GM that brings them two Stanley Cups and what do they do? Kick him to the curb. Probably because those guys are so easy to come by. How’s that working out for them? Five years from now, they’ll still be trying to make their better move work.

WOW. Lundestrom to make opening night roster supposely https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/a/karnKL/anaheim-behaller-isac-lundestrom

Here's the translation: Isac Lundeström, 18, appears to remain in the NHL.

Luleå talent is high to play the premiere of Anaheim Ducks.

"He has done so well that they want to test him in NHL," says Martin K Nilsson, agent of NSD.

Isac Lundeström, 18, has impressed during Anaheim's preseason.

He would have actually returned to Luleå Hockey on September 20th, but many are talking now that the forwarden gets the chance in the NHL Premiere against San Jose Sharks.

- Anaheim has Ryan Kesler, Corey Perry and some other players injured, and he has been involved in training on four chains. Yesterday he coached Ben Street and Carter Rowney. So it looks like he's going to play, "says Martin K Nilsson, agent of NSD.
"Will not play in AHL"

An option for the club is to keep Lundeström and let him play nine NHL matches and then let him go to SHL.

This in order not to activate the first year of his rookie contract. Luleå can thus wait one or more weeks for a final message regarding the Gällivare zone.

- He will not play in AHL, and just being there and relieving damage and illnesses is not very developing. Then it's better that he plays in Luleå. How that depends depends on how much time he gets in the next few weeks, says Martin K Nilsson

I think, and I might be wrong here.  But if he plays less than 9 games, it's doesn't officially mean he burns a year of pro eligibility.  I think they did this with Larsson when he was first drafted.  So since we have a hole, might as well see.  And if he looks phenomenal, then they might keep him on.  And if he doesn't do as well, he gets the xp, and is sent back to Sweden to work on what he needs to.

F*ck.   F*ck F*ck F*ck goddamn F*ck.

https://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-injuries-habs-ducks-devils-isles-lightning-wings-stars-sens-canes-hawks-and-knights/2018/10/03/

Kase out indefinitely

Anaheim Ducks: The Anaheim Ducks have lost forward Ondrej Kase to a concussion that he suffered in their final preseason game. There is no timetable for when he’ll be able to return to the line. Brian Gibbons has been cleared to play after suffering a bone bruise during the preseason.