• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018-2019 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

On 10/3/2018 at 10:11 PM, deepdrive said:

Montour is going to cost us some $. But I sure hope BM finds a way to extend him. Don’t want to see that guy go anywhere.

dude, time to update your profile pic...

with all due respect.

7 hours ago, deepdrive said:

It's called 'vintage'  Tank.

Or, maybe lazy.

Anyway, I don't know what I would update it to. Last year's where we got sweep in round one doesn't have a nice look to it.

How about a double-double?

4 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Lindholm is leading the Ducks in ice time two games in a row. Sustr & Schenn are being limited more than Bieksa i believe.

Bieska would have been fine as a third pair defensemen.  But Play Veterans decided he should get top line defensemen minutes with Fowler.  

At least Sustr and Schenn are getting bottom pairing minutes and on top of that Play Veterans is giving Petersson gametime so far.  

Even more surprising is that the top line on offense isn't getting overworked.  It's been balanced between 3 lines, with the 4th line even getting more minutes.  Maybe an old dog can learn new tricks.  

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Bieska would have been fine as a third pair defensemen.  But Play Veterans decided he should get top line defensemen minutes with Fowler.  

At least Sustr and Schenn are getting bottom pairing minutes and on top of that Play Veterans is giving Petersson gametime so far.  

Even more surprising is that the top line on offense isn't getting overworked.  It's been balanced between 3 lines, with the 4th line even getting more minutes.  Maybe an old dog can learn new tricks.  

I feel like with he talent they have they at least shouldn't be getting out shot by Arizona, its like the team plays that way cause of Gibson.

8 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’m glad these young forwards are playing but we really aren’t getting enough offensively.  As GB says, take the win and be happy.  Hopefully they figure something out 

also, Lindholm had a nice game. 

Steel has been good in the Faceoffs at 51%, Henrique has been brutal at 40%. I like how Comtois has 12 hits already.

Since last year Lindholm has been quite the goal scorer. I could see him & Montour having a 15 goal season easily.

14 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

The 3-0 record is really work of the scouting & drafting the team does. They don't have a elite forward prospect but all those decent ones have done the job at patching holes.

The 3-0 record is the work of John Gibson.  Don’t kid yourself. 

The team has generated very little pressure so far this season.  The only reason that they ended up out shooting/chancing last night was because they surged ahead in the 3rd against a pretty bad team playing in back to backs.  Detroit was clearly gassed.  Through 2 Detroit was actually beating them in that department.  As all 3 teams they’ve played this season have. 

The defense has been fine.  Nothing spectacular.  Tho, Hampuis Lindholm has been consistently good.  That’s a good sign. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

as you all may have guessed.  Being in the bottom left corner is bad.  The Ducks are as bad as it gets relative to the league thus far.  

Too be far, this is before last nights game.  So there’s probably a bit more positive movement since last night, but I imagine they’re still the worst or among the worst.  They’ve gotta figure something out.  Hopefully Getzlaf isn’t out long and hopefully Eaves makes an impact when he returns.  Which supposedly, should be soon. 

5 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

The 3-0 record is the work of John Gibson.  Don’t kid yourself. 

The team has generated very little pressure so far this season.  The only reason that they ended up out shooting/chancing last night was because they surged ahead in the 3rd against a pretty bad team playing in back to backs.  Detroit was clearly gassed.  Through 2 Detroit was actually beating them in that department.  As all 3 teams they’ve played this season have. 

The defense has been fine.  Nothing spectacular.  Tho, Hampuis Lindholm has been consistently good.  That’s a good sign. 

Its true for sure offensively they are bad. The little things though: Steel has been decent on faceoffs in compare to Henrique, Lundestrom won 50% in his debut, Comtois has the most hits of the teams forwards. Without the depth of decent to good prospects they could be 1-2-0. Heard Lundestrom was very responsible in his 2way game.

What do you think about the Ducks giving Comtois/Terry more than 9 games this year ? No matter what they do they are going to lose a good player in the expansion draft & by the time of it Perry will be off the books so starting their clock won't be that bad. I think Seattle will receive a d-man(Larsson or Mahura to not pick a certain player & to pick a depth guy) which means they don't got to worry about the Forwards.

30 minutes ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Its true for sure offensively they are bad. The little things though: Steel has been decent on faceoffs in compare to Henrique, Lundestrom won 50% in his debut, Comtois has the most hits of the teams forwards. Without the depth of decent to good prospects they could be 1-2-0. Heard Lundestrom was very responsible in his 2way game.

What do you think about the Ducks giving Comtois/Terry more than 9 games this year ? No matter what they do they are going to lose a good player in the expansion draft & by the time of it Perry will be off the books so starting their clock won't be that bad. I think Seattle will receive a d-man(Larsson or Mahura to not pick a certain player & to pick a depth guy) which means they don't got to worry about the Forwards.

Unless we get a couple guys back in the next two weeks, I don't think there's any way they don't both stick.

5 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Terry more than Comtois, just because of the age.  But Terry, Comtois and Steel all look good.  Ludestrom did have that nice move and shot.  But when all is said and done, I don't think that Terry is a first line winger.  When Eaves gets back, I think he gets shuffled down.  Also, when Kase comes back, I think Comtois gets shuffled down.  I think the third line will be Kesler, Cogs and one of the three.  With the fourth line being two of the three and either Rowney or Gibbons.  Poor Ritchie.  LOL.  But we could have four solid lines.

Per the draft.  I think it'll be Larsson.  There just does not seem to be any room for him anyways.  He'll be 23 by the time the draft comes around.  Although it would also not surprise me if the Ducks let the Seattle team take Montour.  He may be in for a big raise, long term.  And depending on how Mahura develops, which so far looks really good, Mahura would be a good cheap alternative.  With Larsson on the bottom pair.  

William Nylander article.  While the Ducks are mentioned, I doubt that the Ducks would trade one of Lindholm, Montour, Manson for Nylander, especially when he's asking for $8 million a year.   But there was this.  LOL  Poor Ritchie.

Could The Toronto Maple Leafs Trade William Nylander?

The Leafs have until December 1 to get Nylander under contract or he becomes ineligible for the remainder of the season. 

Hopefully Murray is trying to trade him.