• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018-2019 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

You should probably cool your jets on Kase.  He’s a fine player.  He’s not an all star.  It would not be shocking if he’s regresses a bit tbh. 

We shall see.  His career/points path is similar to Rakell's.  So I'm hoping that best case scenario.  I do think one thing that he does have in his favor is Rico.  It's one thing to be taught by guys like Getzlaf.  But to have a veteran centerman teaching you should only be good things for him.

3 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

We shall see.  His career/points path is similar to Rakell's.  So I'm hoping that best case scenario.  I do think one thing that he does have in his favor is Rico.  It's one thing to be taught by guys like Getzlaf.  But to have a veteran centerman teaching you should only be good things for him.

Ya I mean I think he’s fine.  He has top 6 upside. But I don’t care for the Rakell comp.  In terms of pure tools, Rakell is quite a bit better. 

Kase has a great engine and is adequately skilled. He’s a good player.  But I think there’s plenty of question as to whether he’s a regular 1st or 2nd liner.  He may well regress to being 3rd or 4th line type.  Which is fine.  The Ducks need that 2. 

There’s no silver lining in this story.  It’s absurd that a player like Nick Ritchie is holding out.  There’s no need to mince words about this.  Nick Ritchie has not been a good NHL player.  This is a guy who has been easy to scratch night over night. 

It’s really too bad that basically the only high pick the Ducks have had in the last 6 or 7 years looks like such a terrible miss.  There are players all over he league now, drafted after Ritchie who are much better players at this stage of their careers.  We’re just stuck hoping the “power forward take a while to develop” works out.  Doesn’t seem like that cause is helped by this hold out.  The Ducks need Ritchie to be a good player.  It doesn’t look like it’s going to happen. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Went out to the training camp scrimmage at Honda Center today, Comtois stood out to me, as did Terry Megna and Petterson. Larsson did not impress me at all.  Megna and Petterson both probably looked good because they’re too advanced for the skill level on the ice.  Both are ready for the NHL now imo.  

Terry is obviously physically gifted, he handled the puck with ease, and was very quick when he wanted to be.  I felt like he was playing at half speed though.  That was a bit disappointing.  Comtois I thought played real smart.  He was putting himself in great spots on the ice through out the scrimmage.  It was impressive to me.  He seemed to have good speed for his size as well.  Solid handles.  He looked good. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Shea Theodore signs a 7 year deal with 5.2mil AAV. The guy Murray gave away to Vegas instead of buying out useless Bieska & trading Vatanen.
They could have used Theodore in another trade such as getting another team to take Perry which then would have made it possible to acquire Karlsson to stop SJ from getting him.

6 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Shea Theodore signs a 7 year deal with 5.2mil AAV. The guy Murray gave away to Vegas instead of buying out useless Bieska & trading Vatanen.
They could have used Theodore in another trade such as getting another team to take Perry which then would have made it possible to acquire Karlsson to stop SJ from getting him.

Remember, Vatanen was hurt. Nobody was going to trade for him at full value.  But yeah, Bieska was stupid.  

8 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

The problem with your logic is that the Shea Theadore of the Knights is not the Shea Theadore of the Ducks. We don’t get the Knights Theadore to trade with. We get the Theadore who RC buries and gets labeled as a bust to trade with. Not the same guy.

And in case you were wondering.  

Buyout after this season.

Corey Perry Buyout Details

Cost Calculations
BUYOUT DATE BASE SALARY REMAINING S.BONUS REMAINING YEARS REMAINING BUYOUT LENGTH AGE BUYOUT RATIO TOTAL COST TOTAL SAVINGS ANNUAL COST
Jun 15, 2019 $12,000,000 $3,000,000 2 4 34 2/3 $8,000,000 $4,000,000 $2,000,000
Cap Hit Calculations
SEASON BASE SALARY INITIAL CAP HIT ACTUAL COST SAVINGS FINAL CAP HIT
2019-20 $8,000,000 $8,625,000 $2,000,000 $6,000,000 $2,625,000
2020-21 $4,000,000 $8,625,000 $2,000,000 $2,000,000 $6,625,000
2021-22 $0 $0 $2,000,000 -$2,000,000 $2,000,000
2022-23 $0 $0 $2,000,000 -$2,000,000 $2,000,000
TOTAL $12,000,000 $17,250,000 $8,000,000 $4,000,000 $13,250,000

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Corey Perry out 5 months to repair a broken pus....meniscus tear in his knee.  

Ducks suddenly got faster and better at D.

Really, it’s not terrible news at all.  Sometimes it’s just best to make a guy go away like this.  Corey Perry sucks.  And the Ducks almost certainly were going to ram him into a roll that he would be hurting the team in.  Now, we just don’t have to worry about that because he can’t play.  OH WELL.  

Silver lining is that it may force their hand to get someone as you say, or it may force them to push a younger guy.  Maybe this is Sam Steels ticket to the show.  I have my doubts about whether he’ll be able to hang now, but if he is able to.  It’s definitely a net positive for the Ducks. 

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Hope he isn't pulling a Shaq and getting the surgery on "company time".

I'm fine with LTIR for Perry.  The way he was playing last season, he's the Albert Pujols of the team.  He would still produce.  But is still a black hole, detriment to the team.  Once the season starts, we are going to have a bunch of cap room to hopefully make a long term significant trade.  That is if Murray is awake.