• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018-2019 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

Comtois really impressed me in camp.  Only got out there once but he definitely stood out.  Glad he made the team. 

As far as this game.  They aren’t getting a lot of pressure.  Credit to San Jose who’s obviously very good.   But also, it’s a discouraging start to see that basically it’s the same shit as last year as far as the early returns.  

Gibson looks great. 

Gibson looks good; Fowler looks good. But, the reason SanJose has two goals is because of screw ups by each of them.

I’m pretty happy the way the Ducks look so far. No doubt they’ve been out matched talent/experienced wise at times. But they look better than I expected.

51 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

Gibson looks good; Fowler looks good. But, the reason SanJose has two goals is because of screw ups by each of them.

I’m pretty happy the way the Ducks look so far. No doubt they’ve been out matched talent/experienced wise at times. But they look better than I expected.

Lol ! Man, your expectations must be even lower then mine.  As I said, I don’t think that as a team they look good at all.  Some nice individual efforts.  But the team isn’t generating any pressure.  Thinking on it, I don’t think the D is helping much with the break out.  That needs to change, given the guys we supposedly have back there.  Fowler has been fine.  Part of this is Carlyle BS.  Like I said, more of the same.  I don’t see any marked changed in scheme.  

Anyway, I don’t want to bitch too much.  It’s only game 1 and we’re tied going into the 3rd.  Could be a lot worse. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Expectations. I thought we were going to fall apart and lose 6-1. We have three rookies starting and how many guys that have basically never made it playing in the NHL . Yeah, I’m happy so far.

But Schenn. I watched only him for a shift in the early part of the second period. That was seriously Bieska brutal. I just hope he had a bad shift.

2 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

Lol. Are we going to win? I don’t believe this.

What I can't believe is they stuck to the playbook all game.  They never once went to dump and bump and tough hockey.  Even when they were overmatched, they stuck with it.  Which is good.

25:05 Ice time, 3 hits, 3 blocks & a +1 for Lindholm. Nice to see him with a more mean streak as his hits on the blueline were second to only Schenn on the blueline. Carlyle is giving the Top4 more ice time. 24 mins for Fowler, 25 for Lindholm, 22 for Montour, 22 for Manson.

The Sharks gave their 3rd pairing guys more ice time (27 mins combined) than the Ducks did with their 3rd pairing (25 mins), yes Burns & Karlsson got more ice time than Fowler or Lindholm but Vlasic had just under 22 mins & Braun had 16 minutes followed by 14 mins for Ryan & 13 minutes for Dillon.

Rowney had a good game. 50% at faceoffs, 4 hits, a goal, a +1 & 15 minutes of ice time including about a minute & a half on the PK.

@nate  Not surprised with Henrique.  But Manson.  Yeah, that was interesting.  Also, I don't know why, maybe they were playing him differently.  But Fowler sure seemed like he was having a hard time exiting the zone.  Usually he gets his wheels going and zig zags by everyone or dumps it off to the open guy.  But yesterday it seemed like he was getting trapped in the zone a lot. 

10 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

@nate  Not surprised with Henrique.  But Manson.  Yeah, that was interesting.  Also, I don't know why, maybe they were playing him differently.  But Fowler sure seemed like he was having a hard time exiting the zone.  Usually he gets his wheels going and zig zags by everyone or dumps it off to the open guy.  But yesterday it seemed like he was getting trapped in the zone a lot. 

It almost felt like it was by design though.  Like maybe they are telling him to drag behind while everyone else exits.  Doesn't really make sense but it was odd watching it.

I am not surprised about Henrique either.