• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018-2019 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I stand corrected.  JVR is not old.  Man, he’s been around a long time.  28.  

Still, I don’t think he’s the right kind of player on his own.  

What I like about JVR.  55.6 CF%, 53.9 FF% last season.  The last three years, he has been a possession machine.  He'd look good on the 1 or 2 or even 3 line.  

I think we first need to ship Perry + money and picks to ARizona.  Then trade Silfverberg for a 2nd line Dman.  That would play third line for us, but be insurance when someone gets hurt on the top 2 lines. 

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

What I like about JVR.  55.6 CF%, 53.9 FF% last season.  The last three years, he has been a possession machine.  He'd look good on the 1 or 2 or even 3 line.  

I think we first need to ship Perry + money and picks to ARizona.  Then trade Silfverberg for a 2nd line Dman.  That would play third line for us, but be insurance when someone gets hurt on the top 2 lines. 

i don't know how we'll get rid of Perry.  Why would he waive the no trade clause ?  The guy I sincerely doubt has any issue with just planting his ass in Anaheim for the duration of the contract.  I'd bet that is very much his preference actually. The only answer is a buy out.  Since the Samueli's like to cry poor I doubt thats going to happen.  Otherwise Bieksa would have been gone a while ago.

JVR would be fine as a complimentary player.  But the Ducks desperately need a high speed high skill type forward.  Pretty much thats Evander Kane.  I have my doubts about our ability to yank him away from San Jose though.  It will have to be a trade, and i'm not really sure what the best route there is. I'd like to see us go after Erik Karlsson.  That would deliver us even more speed on the back end.  If I'm in video game GM mode I would shop Hampuis Lindholm as well.  He's probably the one chip we have that on his own would command a large return.  You guys know what I think of him.  I think the guy is massively overrated.  If the media is to believed though, he should be that piece for us that other teams may covet.  If we somehow brought in Karlsson hes completely expendable.  The concern is being able to afford GIbson after next year.  That has to be in the decision making.  Its tough.  This is the problem with video game GM'ing lol.   Anyway, let’s be realistic here.  The Ducks aren’t going to pursue Karlsson.  Silfverberg I think has very little value.  I don’t see him as a guy that will bring an impact return. 

I don't think theres any simple fix for them.  Which is why I advocate a massive shake up.  If that doesn’t happen I’m not really too enthusiastic for the teams prospects next year.  We’ll probably be in the exact same spot.  Maybe a little worse.  I think it’s likely that if Bob Murray is in charge not really anything will happen.  New young players will shuffle into more permanent roles (Petterson, Welinski, Megna and I have to imagine Larsson).  At some point next year we may see Steel and Jones.  But I doubt they’ll be fixtures.  Troy Terry almost certainly will spend a large chunk of the season with the Ducks.  I just don’t see the current leadership deviating much from what they’ve assembled.  

Tough to look at what we’ve got and think we look better then San Jose who just fucking smoked us.  I don’t think we’re better then Vegas.  And we’re definitely not in class with Winnipeg and Nashville.  We just aren’t .

Edited by UndertheHalo

6 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

i don't know how we'll get rid of Perry.  Why would he waive the no trade clause ?  The guy I sincerely doubt has any issue with just planting his ass in Anaheim for the duration of the contract.  I'd bet that is very much his preference actually. The only answer is a buy out.  Since the Samueli's like to cry poor I doubt thats going to happen.  Otherwise Bieksa would have been gone a while ago.

I think a buyout is more likely also.  Just trying to get out of the backend 3 years with the trade.   Really Perry is what is going to continue to sink us above anything else.  Coach change, GM change.  As long as he gets more than 4th line minutes doesn't matter what we do, we are screwed.

• Thomas pinned this topic
12 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

i still want to do my Bob Murray bitch fest post.  I just haven't had the time to get all my shit together and look it up.  It will come.  I fucking hate that guy.

I like Murray. My only big complaint is hiring Randy Carlyle a second time. He's not a good coach in today's NHL. I'd go so far as to say a really bad one.

4 hours ago, gotbeer said:

4 reasons the Ducks got swept out of the NHL playoffs by the Sharks

Impressive that 2 of the 4 reasons point to the coach.  Well, not impressive, but obvious that hopefully Murray reads.

Well to fair to RC, the other 2 reasons were the horrendous defense throughout the series. And a 5th not mentioned was the offense was only able to put up 4 goals in 4 games. Basically it was horrible all around

I think people are appropriately very critical of Carlyle because of his dump and crash scheme but the Ducks defense was equally bad imo.  Gibson covered up for a lot.  That aspect isn’t Carlyle’s fault. The other thing is, as much as we want to complain about the dump and chase.  The Ducks personnel match that style.  Even if we did have a coach that wanted to play a more dynamic and quick game like other teams I have my doubts about how effectively the Ducks can play that way. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

3 hours ago, tennischmp said:

Well to fair to RC, the other 2 reasons were the horrendous defense throughout the series. And a 5th not mentioned was the offense was only able to put up 4 goals in 4 games. Basically it was horrible all around

Look on the bright side.  We had one more goal than the Kings in their 4 games.  To make it sound even better.  We scored 33% more goals than the Kings.

I think a lot of the poor defense comes from the dump and chase style though.

If you look at the BB teams that had excellent defense, there were a lot of mediocre defenders on those teams, but because the Ducks forechecked so well, they had much less D zone time, allowing the D to stay fresh.

11 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

The other thing is, as much as we want to complain about the dump and chase.  The Ducks personnel match that style.  Even if we did have a coach that wanted to play a more dynamic and quick game like other teams I have my doubts about how effectively the Ducks can play that way. 

Is there really a coach at any level that prefers dump and chase? Generally you don't choose to dump and chase. You settle for it.

I like how they’re talking about Tavares AND Kane to the Sharks.  Imagine if the Ducks could get either one. 

If the Ducks traded Getzlaf it would certainly signal a full tear down rebuild.  I sincerely doubt the Ducks would consider that.  Also it’s anlther deal with a NTC.  Perry I just don’t buy would waive the NTC.  He’s got a cup.  He’s playing in the best market. He just got married, presumably has built his life here.  I just don’t see him accepting a trade anywhere.  I mean does he strike you guys as a dude desperate to win another cup ?? I don’t see it. 

18 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I like how they’re talking about Tavares AND Kane to the Sharks.  Imagine if the Ducks could get either one. 

If the Ducks traded Getzlaf it would certainly signal a full tear down rebuild.  I sincerely doubt the Ducks would consider that.  Also it’s anlther deal with a NTC.  Perry I just don’t buy would waive the NTC.  He’s got a cup.  He’s playing in the best market. He just got married, presumably has built his life here.  I just don’t see him accepting a trade anywhere.  I mean does he strike you guys as a dude desperate to win another cup ?? I don’t see it. 

I can see Perry doing it.  He's from Canada.  And if the choice was possible buyout, or relegated to the fourth line.  Or playing on the top line with some pretty young guns.  Might be possible.