• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018-2019 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

5 hours ago, Thomas said:

Toronto doesn't belong that high but I'm sure there are plenty of deluded Leafs fans willing to pony up to that sucker bet. The Pens seem a surprisingly good value bet. 

Will be interesting to see what kind of effect Tavares adds to them.

I suspect if Kesler doesn't play we may see Steel up playing as 3rd line Center. Put Cogs & Silf on his wings as training wheels & he'll be fine.

The future of Kesler being in question he may perform more like a 4th line center if he does play.

The days of him being a lock for 50 points are over, 35 points would be the most we could expect.

Since Kesler would likely miss some games we'd be more likely to see him produce 25 points in 55 games or something.

14 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I think I can live with that prediction.  

Predicting when every NHL team will win its next Stanley Cup

Its not bad, by 2021 teams like the Predators & Jets will likely be facing salary cap issues, forcing the Jets to trade people, Pekke Rinne will probably suck by then. The Sharks will for sure be dead in 2021, Pavelski will be very old, Vlasic, Burns, Couture will be declining alot, Thornton retired or skating on ice with a cane.

Fowler, Lindholm, Manson & Montour will be in their prime years. Rakell, Kase will be in their prime years. Steel, Morand, Comtois, Lundestrom will be a big part of the team. Josh Mahura - He's blocked at LHD by Fowler & Lindholm. He's a potential top pairing offensive D-man that could be used as a big trade chip to acquire a 1st line center.

Each year that goes by it becomes easier to move Perry with less salary remaining. Each year that goes by it makes it easier to buy out Kesler.

4 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Its not bad, by 2021 teams like the Predators & Jets will likely be facing salary cap issues, forcing the Jets to trade people, Pekke Rinne will probably suck by then. The Sharks will for sure be dead in 2021, Pavelski will be very old, Vlasic, Burns, Couture will be declining alot, Thornton retired or skating on ice with a cane.

Fowler, Lindholm, Manson & Montour will be in their prime years. Rakell, Kase will be in their prime years. Steel, Morand, Comtois, Lundestrom will be a big part of the team. Josh Mahura - He's blocked at LHD by Fowler & Lindholm. He's a potential top pairing offensive D-man that could be used as a big trade chip to acquire a 1st line center.

Each year that goes by it becomes easier to move Perry with less salary remaining. Each year that goes by it makes it easier to buy out Kesler.

So many quality centers available in FA next season.  All under 30 YO.  

https://www.spotrac.com/nhl/free-agents/2019/

Although I still think Stone/Ryan trade with Perry involved would still be my first choice.  Seguin would be my FA top choice though.  

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

So many quality centers available in FA next season.  All under 30 YO.  

https://www.spotrac.com/nhl/free-agents/2019/

Although I still think Stone/Ryan trade with Perry involved would still be my first choice.  Seguin would be my FA top choice though.  

I'd go with Johansson being most likely to sign with the Ducks cause he'll be alot cheaper & partly because of Swedish chemistry with Rakell or Silf.

52 minutes ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

I'd go with Johansson being most likely to sign with the Ducks cause he'll be alot cheaper & partly because of Swedish chemistry with Rakell or Silf.

Problem with Johansson is he's more of a 2/3 center.   We already have that in Rico and Dick.  But yeah, the other stuff does make him seem like a good fit.  

Isn't it odd that there is no Ritchie chatter anywhere?  And come to think of it, Murray said that extending Silfverberg was in the works, but no talks of that either.  Ducks have everything all sewn up.  I took off my tin foil hat for a second, and it told me that a trade might be in the works.  

22 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Problem with Johansson is he's more of a 2/3 center.   We already have that in Rico and Dick.  But yeah, the other stuff does make him seem like a good fit.  

Very good point. What if they could do both: trade for Stone & sign Johansson ? They could run 4 balanced lines allowing for Getzlaf to not get hurt as often.

Then in future years they'd have to make trades or let players walk via FA cause they got Steel, Terry, Comtois, Lundestrom, Morand, Jones, McLaughlin in the system.

Time to trade his ass.  With a little bit of O Hell No.  With a little bit of no way are the Ducks that crazy.

NHL Rumors: St. Louis Blues Depth, And Looking At What Some Remaining RFAs Could Get

Anaheim Ducks forward Nick Ritchie may be better off with a bridge deal after taking a small step backward last season. If he shows more offense this season and his able to be a top-six forward, he could look at Tom Wilson‘s six-year deal at $31 million.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Time to trade his ass.  With a little bit of O Hell No.  With a little bit of no way are the Ducks that crazy.

NHL Rumors: St. Louis Blues Depth, And Looking At What Some Remaining RFAs Could Get

Package him up with prospects picks for Stone or Karlsson ? Ottawa has always had an obsession with big power forward types (its former GM drafted Perry, Getzlaf, traded for bobby ryan,  traded for cheechoo) he fits the mold of a Ottawa Senators player.

Playing for the tanking Sens Ritchie wouldn't have to worry about his lack of effort.

1 hour ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Package him up with prospects picks for Stone or Karlsson ? Ottawa has always had an obsession with big power forward types (its former GM drafted Perry, Getzlaf, traded for bobby ryan,  traded for cheechoo) he fits the mold of a Ottawa Senators player.

Playing for the tanking Sens Ritchie wouldn't have to worry about his lack of effort.

I still say Perry Ritchie Silfverberg for Stone and Ryan.  With some money coming to the Ducks to cover Ryan.  As you said above, Ritchie meets the mold.  The Sens did draft Silfverberg.  And Perry closer to home might recover, but he did score 49 points last season, so he is not completely a waste.  Just not worth $8.7 million.  More like a $5-6 million player.  

25 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I still say Perry Ritchie Silfverberg for Stone and Ryan.  With some money coming to the Ducks to cover Ryan.  As you said above, Ritchie meets the mold.  The Sens did draft Silfverberg.  And Perry closer to home might recover, but he did score 49 points last season, so he is not completely a waste.  Just not worth $8.7 million.  More like a $5-6 million player.  

Basicly reversing the Ryan trade except Ottawa gets Perry & we get Stone. I'd still inquire about Karlsson if they can get an extension agreed to before a trade goes thru, to see what they think of Perry/Ryan swap & sending them silf + Montour + pick or prosect for Karlsson etc. with Eaves back from an illness that turns out he didn't have(misdiagnosed) that offsets losing Silf this year.