• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018-2019 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

Have to admit when i saw the thing about Montour, i was hoping to scroll down to see we got Karlsson.

He'd definitely be in the package to get him, Ottawa would want a RHD like him + Steel + picks + another prospect, Murray would only do it if he could sign Karlsson to a extension before the trade. What if Ottawa offered to swap Perry for Ryan as part of it ? Ryan would be smaller cap hit per year but for an extra year. Then to make more room you trade Rowney, Gibbons etc away.

10 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I was looking at the roster earlier.  Was reminded that Nick Ritchie is going to be like 22.  He’s still young.  Hopefully he gets it together for us.  Anyway, my only thought from all at that.  

They posted about it on other Ducks forums too, people thought a trade was going down. Yeah he can still turn it around, I want Ritchie to also be mean & a bit like Holmstrom in upsetting goalies. I miss how Perry used to do that & when Perry went full troll lol taking other teams sticks etc. They need it this year cause Calgary enters next season with Neal/Giordano/Tkachuk & rumors of them signing Maroon & Maroon has turned into goon since he did that cheapshot on Doughty that got him suspended for 2 games.

19 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I was looking at the roster earlier.  Was reminded that Nick Ritchie is going to be like 22.  He’s still young.  Hopefully he gets it together for us.  Anyway, my only thought from all at that.  

Good luck. It’s pretty hard to fix stupid.

I think the only reason he will continue to be on the Ducks is he’s Randy and BM’s kind of player. And even though they keep saying they’re moving away from that style of play to a quicker style, well... I’ll believe it when I see it (and, by that I mean successfully - as in winning).

4 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

Good luck. It’s pretty hard to fix stupid.

I think the only reason he will continue to be on the Ducks is he’s Randy and BM’s kind of player. And even though they keep saying they’re moving away from that style of play to a quicker style, well... I’ll believe it when I see it (and, by that I mean successfully - as in winning).

Hey man,  I’m not holding my breath.  Ritchie looked like shit last year.  I’m just saying, it’s not beyond the scope of possibility that he gets his game together.  

You know my opinion of Bob Murray is not high, honestly fully expect this to be a year that the Ducks don’t make the playoffs. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

14 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Hey man,  I’m not holding my breath.  Ritchie looked like shit last year.  I’m just saying, it’s not beyond the scope of possibility that he gets his game together.  

You know my opinion of Bob Murray is not high, honestly fully expect this to be a year that the Ducks don’t make the playoffs. 

Yeah, I know. I just felt I had to squash any sliver of hope you had for the guy.

Actually, I think he can and will play better. But he’s not quick enough mentally to play the fast type of hockey BM says they’re going to. Then again, I think BM may not be as serious about the transition as he talks Just this years fad. At least his approach to it at this point.

In the long run, with the crack down on dangerous behavior, I see hockey going faster. I think these old style guys are going to get moved out.

As far as the season, I agree with you. I think they’re writing this one off. Another year off Perry’s contract and the off chance he has a good enough season to unload the last two years without getting killed. A year to evaluate where we are with Kessler and glassman. A chance to see if Randy can possibly change (haha).  And so on. I’m not saying we won’t make the playoffs. I just don’t think it a priority this season.

Another point to make. San Jose and the Kings have contracts structured to win now. They don’t look as good each successive season. Next year isn’t such a bad year to bail on.

New NHL.com article about Lundestrom

https://www.nhl.com/news/isac-lundestromcould-provide-anaheim-ducks-with-infusion-of-youth/c-299421326?tid=277729154

There may be an opportunity for Lundestrom to make his presence felt in the NHL sooner rather than later. Ryan Getzlaf and Ryan Kesler have centered Anaheim's top two lines in recent seasons, but each will turn 34 during the next 10 months, and each missed significant time last season; Getzlaf was limited to 56 games because of a facial fracture, and Kesler was limited to 44 games because of hip surgery.

"We really liked his competitive spirit," Marchand said. "He's a guy that doesn't like to get beat. He likes to be challenged, and he's got a never-die attitude."

After the draft, Lundestrom told reporters he's prepared for the speed of the NHL. He believes he has enough top-end speed to keep up with the League's fastest players, but must work on his acceleration.

"I need to improve on my starts, to be a little more explosive," he said.

Lundestrom already shares one trait with Getzlaf; each is considered a pass-first center who typically accumulates more assists than goals. Lundestrom said he can't be satisfied setting up his teammates, however.

"I know I need to improve a little bit more on my shot," he said. "Take a little bit more shots to the net."

3 hours ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

Is it true the Ducks are switching to orange as their primary home sweaters in 2018?  I remember reading about this a while back.

Don’t think it’ll be orange but we’ll see.  The expectation is that it will be some sort of color scheme similar to our current home jerseys except with the mask logo.  

It will be a 3rd jersey.  Like previous mask logo orange one was. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

NHL Rumors: The Columbus Blue Jackets and Artemi Panarin

So would Silfverberg be considered a top 6 forward?  

Panarin would be incredible acquisition, don't mind giving up Silf + for him. Silf is what he is, a guy who will be at 15-20 goals every year & nothing more, he plays defense & has good speed but he goes thru such long cold streaks & alot of his goals are multi goal games so that offense isn't very evenly spread out for him. Silfverberg is Kole Calhoun as a hockey player (when Kole was good), great defense but average offensively.

6 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Panarin would be incredible acquisition, don't mind giving up Silf + for him. Silf is what he is, a guy who will be at 15-20 goals every year & nothing more, he plays defense & has good speed but he goes thru such long cold streaks & alot of his goals are multi goal games so that offense isn't very evenly spread out for him. Silfverberg is Kole Calhoun as a hockey player (when Kole was good), great defense but average offensively.

I'd go as far to say Silf and Lindholm or Montour and prospect for him.  Simple fact is Seattle is going to get an expansion team.  We can't protect all 4 Dmen.  Strike now, and get something really really good for him, instead of doing a Knights.

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I'd go as far to say Silf and Lindholm or Montour and prospect for him.  Simple fact is Seattle is going to get an expansion team.  We can't protect all 4 Dmen.  Strike now, and get something really really good for him, instead of doing a Knights.

This is the kind of forward thinking that Bob avoided last time.  I guess the critical difference is that we really were right there in terms of a cup.  Not now, so hopefully he doesn’t put us into another Theodore fiasco. 

Of course the Ducks have been excellent at wasting assets under GMBM.  So nothing would surprise me. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

The D already gave up more shots than ever last season, you want to thin out the D corps even more?

Just now, nate said:

The D already gave up more shots than ever last season, you want to thin out the D corps even more?

I think that was also tied to how shit out forwards were at maintaining any pressure in the oppositions end.  Ducks spent a lot of time defending last year.