• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018-2019 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

17 hours ago, nate said:

DSP and Maroon both are much better than Richie.  They did their job consistently, which was to clear space.  Richie on the other hand just takes games off.

Dammit, Nate! You had a golden opportunity here. They clear space, Ritchie is just a waste of space.

NHL Summer Preview: Anaheim Ducks

Ok, that he has Perry still on the top line and re-signing Vermette is a total fail.  But he brings up three sign targets that have more worth.  People's thoughts on them?

• Sign C Tyler Bozak to a three-year deal ($3,750,000 per season), 43-55 points last 5 seasons (minus an injury season), last 3 seasons over 50 fenwick and corsi
  • Sign F Anthony Duclair to a one-year deal ($1,000,000 AAV) Had a high of 44 points 2 seasons ago in Arizona.  He's still 22.  Corsi and Fenwick just a bit south of 50.  He's an RFA, but the Hawks didn't give him a qualifying offer.  So I think that means he's a UFA.
  • Sign D Joe Morrow to a one-year deal ($950,000 AAV) He just signed a one year extension with Winnipeg.  25 year old, did great with Winnipeg last season after the trade with a 55 corsi and fenwick.  Not much of a scorer.  Wouldn't be bad as a depth player.

Overall though.  I think Bozak and Duclair wouldn't be bad gets.  Obviously not first choice.  I'd still like Max or even JVR.  But at the price, they would fit under the cap well.  

Turns out Eaves doesn't have that Virus after all, he's going to be good to go this year 100% healthy

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/147434345/

Basicly mentions what Eric Stephens wrote in his recent article, since its for TheAthletic & you can't ready full articles without paying for The Athletic i posted a link to what someone said that read the full article.

On 6/28/2018 at 12:18 PM, Scioscia4MVP said:

Turns out Eaves doesn't have that Virus after all, he's going to be good to go this year 100% healthy

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/147434345/

Basicly mentions what Eric Stephens wrote in his recent article, since its for TheAthletic & you can't ready full articles without paying for The Athletic i posted a link to what someone said that read the full article.

I have an Athletic subscription.

That post is 1000000% bullshit, the article is about how he had the disease and all his old teammates reached out to him.

17 minutes ago, nate said:

I have an Athletic subscription.

That post is 1000000% bullshit, the article is about how he had the disease and all his old teammates reached out to him.

Then you read the wrong article, because that is exactly what’s in it.

https://theathletic.com/410476/2018/06/27/patrick-eaves-on-his-life-changing-illness-and-the-road-to-recovery/

You're right, I didn't see that article.

Good news then, cause it is almost impossible to come back from Guillan Barre.

My wife had what they are describing, they thought it was rheumatoid arthritis, and then lyme disease, after a shitload of tests, they determined it was a virus, it went away in about two months, but it was a brutal two months.

12 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I have a bad feeling we aren't going to do shit this offeseason worth a crap.

Its a Bob Murray tradition. July 1st is Canada Day holiday & Murray is likely drunk, he's an Irish Canadian so probably drinking Jameson & Guinness right now.

Bob Murray is probably looking for players on Craigslist & LetGo as he always does on July 1st.

I keep saying it.  Bob Murray has to go.  Nothing is going to change as long as he’s in charge.  Nothing.  He’s going to keep getting his garbage tweener players to pretend to be NHL forwards and he’s going to keep digging up some shitty veterans to take playing time from the Ducklings.  It’s literally what he does every offseason. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

at least he’s not 37.  It’s fine. 

Hopefully minor league depth.  7, 8, 14 points last 3 seasons.  45/44 corsi/fenwick last season, 44/43 year before that.  On the Kings he was over 50.  And the year before that in Philly.  But overall.  below 50 in the 48 range. 

I'd rather give the Ducklings a shot.

23 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Hopefully minor league depth.  7, 8, 14 points last 3 seasons.  45/44 corsi/fenwick last season, 44/43 year before that.  On the Kings he was over 50.  And the year before that in Philly.  But overall.  below 50 in the 48 range. 

I'd rather give the Ducklings a shot.

He’s definitely not great.  It’s fine as. 6,7 guy imo.  And for that price we can just get rid of him if a younger player is better. 

Only concern are the penalties.  I haven’t looked it up, but I’ve always had the impression that he took lots of them.  Perfect for us I guess ?

11 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

At least we can make Star Wars jokes if Luke Schenn sucks.

If?

Some crazy salaries being handed out right now, might make Perry a more viable trade option.  They have to get younger and faster.