• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018-2019 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

No more blaming Bieksa for any of our failures. Vegas is up 2-1 in the conference final with Sbisa starting. Theadore wasn’t good enough play on the Ducks,but also starts on Vegas. The coaching and GM need to take responsibility for our failures.

For the fifth straight season, BM’s plan is to remake the Ducks into the team that beat us in the playoffs. I’m sorry, but it just looks like the guy doesn’t have a clue what the F he’s doing. Always trying to copy GM’s that are smarter than him. Who copies BM? Yeah.

1 hour ago, deepdrive said:

No more blaming Bieksa for any of our failures. Vegas is up 2-1 in the conference final with Sbisa starting. Theadore wasn’t good enough play on the Ducks,but also starts on Vegas. The coaching and GM need to take responsibility for our failures.

For the fifth straight season, BM’s plan is to remake the Ducks into the team that beat us in the playoffs. I’m sorry, but it just looks like the guy doesn’t have a clue what the F he’s doing. Always trying to copy GM’s that are smarter than him. Who copies BM? Yeah.

I do think it’s a positive that Vegas appears to be very aggressive.  Should push the Ducks to follow suit. 

The biggest offseason acquisition would be if they fired Carlyle & hired a good modern coach who understands hockey in the late 2010 decade.

They could pull off several steal of a trades & it won't make a difference if they have to play Carlyle style hockey.

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

I do think it’s a positive that Vegas appears to be very aggressive.  Should push the Ducks to follow suit. 

I don't think the Knights are very aggressive.  They just look that way because every single one of their players are always in the right spot.  

To use a football analogy, or term, or some complicated word.  For the Ducks.  Perry would do a pattern, and stand there waving his arms saying I'm open I'm open.  The ball may go to him, and when it does, he's immediately tackled for a small gain, because well, he was standing there.  For the Knights, Sbisa is doing a slant route, and Theodore is putting the puck where Sbisa should be so he can skate into the play thus looking like he's Speedy Gonzalez and thus the important yards after the catch.  

Watching the Knights.  It's just impressive how they cycle the puck out.  As I said before, they aren't standing still.  Everyone is skating into plays.  And that's what makes them fast.  The Ducks are supposed to use a cycling style of play, and really I can't think of the last time when we've cycled as well as the Knights do.  

Initially, when I posted in the NHL thread, I thought it wasn't that bad of a deal.  But looking at his stats.  Never had more than 57 points a season.  He came close this year with 54.  He takes penalties, and is a career - pretty much every year except his rookie campaign.  Now, I think it was quite a bit of an overpay by San Jose.  

59 minutes ago, nate said:

What is the Kesler situation?  He should be 100% by the next season.

Ducks need to stock up on fast and agile wingers and dmen.

They are saying that he might miss 2018-2019 completely.  

7 hours ago, nate said:

I saw that.  Bizarre report... no surgery but could miss the entire season?

In addition to that there is also the chance Getzlaf could get hurt again given his age, they need more than just Steel & Morand in the prospect pool at Center.

On 5/31/2018 at 8:34 AM, HaloCory22 said:

Think the Ducks are grooming Eakins to take over imo. They just extended him in SD. With a young core group he developed in San Diego it only makes sense for him to take over the reigns and have a coach most of our players know of and are comfortable with already.

The problem with that is he just orcastrated a hugh collapse in the Gulls final two weeks. What did they have to do? Win 1 or 2 of their last 9 games to make the playoffs. Nope, didn’t happen. Massive choke.

On 6/6/2018 at 2:16 PM, deepdrive said:

The problem with that is he just orcastrated a hugh collapse in the Gulls final two weeks. What did they have to do? Win 1 or 2 of their last 9 games to make the playoffs. Nope, didn’t happen. Massive choke.

This doesn't bother me much, players are being called up and down, etc.  My bigger problem is he is an old school type which I don't like.

it is believed the Anaheim Ducks asked former Hart Trophy winner Corey Perry (25) for a list of teams he’d accept a trade to at some point last season. He is due $24 million over the next three years. The Ducks may want to tinker with their core, but Perry’s contract won’t be easy to move and he holds all the cards.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnaheimDucks/comments/8p42e1/its_believed_the_ducks_have_asked_perry_for_a/

I would think that the Ducks would probably have to include multiple high draft picks in order to move his contract.

Edited by nate

As NHL trade rumors swirl, here are 11 players who could be dealt this offseason

3. Left wing Max Pacioretty, Montreal Canadiens: It feels as if Pacioretty would benefit from a change of scenery. He only had 17 goals last season, but he scored 30 or more in each of the four previous seasons. The Canadiens need a center and help on defense. 

So would you trade one of Fowler, Lindholm, Manson, or Montour?  You have to give to get.  IMO, Fowler just proved how valuable he is by not being in the playoffs.  He is our QB on D.  Manson is the big defensemen we need with all of the speedsters.  So that leaves Lindholm and Montour.  I think either would be an easy trade.  Lindholm is signed to 2021-22 season, and Montour is a RFA.  

The other big thing to consider.  Seattle in 2020.  I just can't see any way of protecting all 4 Dmen.  8 skaters, or 7 skaters and 3 dmen is the formula they are going to use.  If we go the 8 skater route, you have 4 dmen.  You have Perry, Getzlaf and Kesler with NMC.  But I would think that only Getzlaf would be asked to not waive it.  Rakell and Kase are going to be protected.  Henrique?  I don't think Cogs would be protected.  And not even sure if Silfverberg will be on the team.  And whoever we may sign.  I just think a 7/3 is much easier for us.  And it's better to set up now, than be stuck with a bunch of untradable injured players then like what happened with Vatanen.  

I just think Lindholm's cap hit of $5.2 million would be a wash with Max, if not a small reduction.  Peterson and Larsson would be moved up and exempt from Seattle, or at least I know Larsson would.  Could even sign someone like Ian Cole if his price is cheap enough for a second/third pairing.  

I keep Montour.  Lindholm is a losing player.  I don’t say that lightly but he is.  Every time the Ducks need him to step up he shrinks.  I want him out. 

I’ll believe the Ducks do something when I see it.  As long as Bob Murray is in the GM chair it’s going to keep getting worse.  The guy is lost at following the NHL’s trends.  I suspect that we’ll be going into training camp with basically the same worthless groups of forwards.  We keep pretending Lindholm is a #1 d man.  And the Ducks don’t make the playoffs for the first time in a long time.   But hey ! We have Patrick Eaves for a few games.  Probably. 

Murray has to go. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Ok, this is just talk.  Never going to happen.  And it's so lopsided that I don't think it will ever be considered.  But, just because I'm bored and it's so far quiet on the trade market.  

Rumors on Kessel keep on keeping on.  He doesn't get along with the coach is the big rumor.  He's owed $27.2 million over 4 years.  And then we have Perry.  He's owed $25.875 over 3 years.   And I'm sure it's once place that Perry would waive his NTC for, and it's out of the west in case Perry figures it out again.  

So the big problem with Pittsburgh is they are right against the cap.  So the $6.8 million vs $8.625 or $1.825 million will make a difference, even if in the long term they are getting a cheaper deal.  

So, if some way you could make this work.  Would you do it?

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Ok, this is just talk.  Never going to happen.  And it's so lopsided that I don't think it will ever be considered.  But, just because I'm bored and it's so far quiet on the trade market.  

Rumors on Kessel keep on keeping on.  He doesn't get along with the coach is the big rumor.  He's owed $27.2 million over 4 years.  And then we have Perry.  He's owed $25.875 over 3 years.   And I'm sure it's once place that Perry would waive his NTC for, and it's out of the west in case Perry figures it out again.  

So the big problem with Pittsburgh is they are right against the cap.  So the $6.8 million vs $8.625 or $1.825 million will make a difference, even if in the long term they are getting a cheaper deal.  

So, if some way you could make this work.  Would you do it?

Kessel is obviously less worthless then Perry but I wouldn’t do this for 2 reasons primarily. 

1: It tethers the Ducks to a big contract for an extra year

2: Phil Kessel won his cup, he’ll come out here to retire.  In the end we probably won’t get too many more wins on his account then if we just kept Perry around.  Except we have to deal with his contract for an extra year. 

I think the Ducks should just trade Perry for a semi useful player and eat some of his contract to make him go away.  Of course getting him to waive his NTC for a team that will actually take him is probably next to impossible.  Rendering this whole conversation fairly pointless. 

Edited by UndertheHalo