• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018-2019 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Ah well.  Unloading Perry changes things.  Definitley trade Lindholm and Perry for MaxPax.

Interestingly.  Last season Max 36 points.  Perry 49 points.  So maybe we can get away with only donating $2 million a season in a package deal and a draft pick.  Doubtful they would give up the #3 overall.  But they do have 4 second rounders this season.  

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Interestingly.  Last season Max 36 points.  Perry 49 points.  So maybe we can get away with only donating $2 million a season in a package deal and a draft pick.  Doubtful they would give up the #3 overall.  But they do have 4 second rounders this season.  

If the Ducks defensive play is gonna bounce back next season they'll need Lindholm. Send a D-man prospect + Ducks 1st round pick with Perry for Max, maybe toss in Ritchie to the deal as well.  Max isn't gonna improve the offense that much, keeping the Ducks best shutdown D-man who also had the most goals among Ducks D-men is key to turning things around. If the defense rebounds then Gibson's numbers will improve, he could end up leading the league in shutouts if the shots he faces go down.

He’s fast, aggressive and loves to cause havoc on the forecheck. But don’t think for one second that his speed is what makes him a tantalizing prospect – Lundestrom is very creative with the puck and can bury chances from in close.

Lundestrom owns an excellent shot with a quick release. He requires little backswing to get velocity on his slapper, and he can pick corners from the tightest of angles. Making neat plays on the backhand comes easy for Lundestrom, who can be deployed to solve problems in any situation. His speed and balance allow him to power through defenders, and the decisions he makes thereafter seem to always make sense. Lundestrom is a battler who won’t shy away from physical play and does so in a clean, disciplined manner.

Exactly the kind of player I wanted them to draft.

He was ranked 8th among Euro skaters by Central Scouting bureau.

The Ducks can now say they are quite deep in Center prospects: Steel, Terry, Morand & Lundestrom. At least one of them should pan out as a top 6 center by having 4 center prospects the odds are they get at least one.

Ducks 2nd round pick at #54 is a Center: BENOIT-OLIVIER GROULX http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectdetail.htm?dpid=111627

They have 2 picks in the 3rd, 1 in 4th, 1 in 5th, 1 in 6th & none in the 7th.

Hoping one of the 3rd round picks is used on a goalie, they need some depth there at goalie.

So now they have a total of Steel/Terry/Morand/Lundestrom/Groulx as Center prospects.

Kings pulled off a steal in getting Akil Thomas a few picks before the Ducks. Both teams have taken Centers in both rounds.

What does it signal that the Ducks drafted 2 Centers, 2 Wingers & 2 goalies without any D-men yet ? Makes it seem their confident with their D-men right now.

Are they more likely now to trade a forward prospect ? They now have 3 decent goalie prospects, probably looking for a guy who can eventually fill for Gibson who always gets hurt, one that can perform better than most backups, someone who's a capable starter like a Grubauer. Eventually they will need to have a cheap backup on a ELC as Gibson is gonna get a big raise eventually.

Eric Stephens went over to the Athletic for dedicated Ducks coverage, been really great actually.  Articles a lot more in-depth.  He had an exclusive interview with Murray yesterday.  He’s opened up talks Gibson, Kase, and Montour. 

As far as draft strategy I don’t know.  The goalie we took in the 3rd seemed like a strange pick to me. 

Need a new third goalie, they get expensive so it is good to have them in the system.  Miller just has one more year on his deal as well.

As for drafting forwards, I think it is good just because that is something where the Ducks have been hurt recently.

Ya I get it. But odd to take such a small guy. I know that works out for some goalies but just seemed odd to me take a guy that size in the 3rd round.  Leave it to the experts I guess. 

Sounds like the draft was fine for us.  The kid in the 1st round seems like a good bet to be a part of the team sooner then later.