• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018-2019 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

Would you do Perry for Craig Anderson ? Salary dump basicly as Craig is owed less even though no use for a 3rd goalie making 4.75 million.

I posted it on another board to see how Ottawa fans like it, one said deal.

I know it serves no value to the team but would lower the payroll & they have insurance incase both Gibson & Miller are injured.

4 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Ya I get it. But odd to take such a small guy. I know that works out for some goalies but just seemed odd to me take a guy that size in the 3rd round.  Leave it to the experts I guess. 

Sounds like the draft was fine for us.  The kid in the 1st round seems like a good bet to be a part of the team sooner then later. 

This. Never been a fan of small goalies. Of course 11 years ago I would be ok with a 6'1 goalie but in todays league its undersized.

As bad as we say the Ducks are in a Win now mode because of Getzlaf and Kesler.  Man, the Kings just pretty much said now or never with the Kovalchuk signing.  They have $3.1 million in cap room left this season.  And $16.3 million in cap room left next season minus UFA Drew Doughty who makes $7 million in his walk year.  You would think he would have to get more than Subban's $9 million cap hit right?  

7 hours ago, gotbeer said:

As bad as we say the Ducks are in a Win now mode because of Getzlaf and Kesler.  Man, the Kings just pretty much said now or never with the Kovalchuk signing.  They have $3.1 million in cap room left this season.  And $16.3 million in cap room left next season minus UFA Drew Doughty who makes $7 million in his walk year.  You would think he would have to get more than Subban's $9 million cap hit right?  

I think the Kings don’t have a great view of where they actually are.  They aren’t that different from the Ducks.  Except the Ducks have a youthful D and netminder.  Kovulchuck to me is a decent short term get.  I’m not upset the Ducks didn’t get him.  I was just being a dick about Murray cause I think he’s a fuc*k up.  But anyway, I think the Kings, like the Ducks would be best served trying to rebuild without completely tearing it down.  They aren’t that good.  They’re outclassed by probably 3 or 4 teams in the West.  Just like the Ducks.  Kovulchuck doesn’t change that. 

I imagine that the Kings will regret this move.  Especially if Doughty puts them up against it and demands a deal in the 11+ million range.  He might. 

Some Kings people are delusional and think they’re in on Tavares.   

Edited by UndertheHalo

Can’t rule it out with Murray,  I was fine with getting him last year because I assumed he’d push out one of Bieksa or Beauchemin.  Now that those two aren’t a concern I can’t fathom why they wouldn’t just hand the reigns over to all the young D men we have. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

16 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think the Kings don’t have a great view of where they actually are.  They aren’t that different from the Ducks.  Except the Ducks have a youthful D and netminder.  Kovulchuck to me is a decent short term get.  I’m not upset the Ducks didn’t get him.  I was just being a dick about Murray cause I think he’s a fuc*k up.  But anyway, I think the Kings, like the Ducks would be best served trying to rebuild without completely tearing it down.  They aren’t that good.  They’re outclassed by probably 3 or 4 teams in the West.  Just like the Ducks.  Kovulchuck doesn’t change that. 

I imagine that the Kings will regret this move.  Especially if Doughty puts them up against it and demands a deal in the 11+ million range.  He might. 

Some Kings people are delusional and think they’re in on Tavares.   

I'm not sure what you are going to do if you're Blake. If you stand pat you're boned. The team would suck but not enough to get good draft picks. You can tear down everything but you won't get much value for the assets.  The team does still has a decent core. Might as well ride that, add what you can and hope Quick is the goalie that gets nuclear hot in the playoffs. IHe actually was pretty much that against Vegas but no goalie can overcome only getting 3 goals in 4 games. And no Kings fan who can do math thinks there was a chance for Tavares. If Doughty doesn't re-up then the rebuild has begun and he's dealt. It's not much to hope on what other choice is there?

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

I'm not sure what you are going to do if you're Blake. If you stand pat you're boned. The team would suck but not enough to get good draft picks. You can tear down everything but you won't get much value for the assets.  The team does still has a decent core. Might as well ride that, add what you can and hope Quick is the goalie that gets nuclear hot in the playoffs. IHe actually was pretty much that against Vegas but no goalie can overcome only getting 3 goals in 4 games. And no Kings fan who can do math thinks there was a chance for Tavares. If Doughty doesn't re-up then the rebuild has begun and he's dealt. It's not much to hope on what other choice is there?

This is fair, but if I was rooting for the Kings I think i’d rather just allow the chips to fall where they may.  Kovalchuk is just one more commitment that probably doesn’t lead them to a cup.  

Would you entertain the idea of trading Quick ? To me that seems like a possible good course of action to  jump start a retool.  

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Would you entertain the idea of trading Quick ? To me that seems like a possible good course of action to  jump start a retool.  

I don't think any goalie would net enough for the Kings to retool. But once it's decided to rebuild it's an everything must go sale.

7 hours ago, Thomas said:

I don't think any goalie would net enough for the Kings to retool. But once it's decided to rebuild it's an everything must go sale.

I think you guys could get Edmonton or Calgary to pay massively for Quick. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 hour ago, nate said:

I really want the Ducks to go after Grabner.  The Ducks need to add more speed to the roster.

I don't get your line of thinking here Nate.  Looking at his stats, last two seasons 36 and 40 points.  Then it drops down considerably.  His last 4 years Corsi was 44, 45, 44, 45 and fenwick is 43, 46, 45, 47.  That's really not good at all, and I'd rather go with the young guys.

9 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I don't get your line of thinking here Nate.  Looking at his stats, last two seasons 36 and 40 points.  Then it drops down considerably.  His last 4 years Corsi was 44, 45, 44, 45 and fenwick is 43, 46, 45, 47.  That's really not good at all, and I'd rather go with the young guys.

He scores goals without being on a PP line.

I am good with young players but there aren't many out there that can score and provide speed.

Ritchie is really just a 4th line winger.  Anything over $1-2 million is an overpay.  And if we go over, we should trade him instead.  

Silfverberg is also in a similar situation.  He's a UFA after this season.  He's making $3.75 million.  And he digressed and looks to be a 40 point a season scorer.  I really think his progress is tied too heavily to how Kesler does.  And by the looks of it, Kesler is on his downslope, so that doesn't bode well for Silfverberg.  

It would not surprise me if both are traded this offseason.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Silfverberg go either.  But on the other hand he’s cheap and does have skill.  In the right situation his offensive skills would probably shine more.  The Ducks have their 2nd line as a shutdown line.  It’s retarded but it’s what they do.  Silfverberg frustrates the shit out of me.  But when I’m not pissed off and consider it, unless they can get a deal that’s too good to turn down he’s probably more valuable being retained.  

Ritchie is worthless.  I don’t give a shit what they do with him. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

On 6/25/2018 at 12:57 PM, UndertheHalo said:

This is fair, but if I was rooting for the Kings I think i’d rather just allow the chips to fall where they may.  Kovalchuk is just one more commitment that probably doesn’t lead them to a cup.  

wouldn't entertain that idea for very long.