• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018-2019 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

Bob paid out over million bucks aav to each Of Gibbons and Rowney.  Rowney absolutely inexplicably got 3 years. 

JT Brown signed for 750k, 1yr Minnesota 

Derek Grant signed for 650k. 1yr Pittsburgh 

WTF

What the F*ck is wrong with Bob Murray ?  Seriously.  Both Brown and Grant are fine 4th liners.  Why the hell is this shit happening ?

Edited by UndertheHalo

37 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Bob paid out over million bucks aav to each Of Gibbons and Rowney.  Rowney absolutely inexplicably got 3 years. 

WTF

What the F*ck is wrong with Bob Murray ?  Seriously.  Both Brown and Grant are fine 4th liners.  Why then hell is this shit happening ?

Yeah, I don't know. He doesn't seem to be able to change his pattern. And if he can't, the results won't be different. Bob has probably reached his potential.

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

WTF

What the F*ck is wrong with Bob Murray ?  Seriously.  Both Brown and Grant are fine 4th liners.  Why then hell is this shit happening ?

I see no reason why Rowney was given a 3 year contract.  None.  He did have some success in the AHL, but 3 years?  Gibbons seems like a Grant/Brown though.  So one year for him doesn't seem to be that big of a deal.  

Only thing I can think is that both are going to be buried in the AHL as pure depth players, and Murray didn't want to do that with Brown and Grant.  So he pretty much let them go to where they could be 4th liners.  I guess we'll see if Rowney and Gibbons are on the big club come opening day.  

44 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I see no reason why Rowney was given a 3 year contract.  None.  He did have some success in the AHL, but 3 years?  Gibbons seems like a Grant/Brown though.  So one year for him doesn't seem to be that big of a deal.  

Only thing I can think is that both are going to be buried in the AHL as pure depth players, and Murray didn't want to do that with Brown and Grant.  So he pretty much let them go to where they could be 4th liners.  I guess we'll see if Rowney and Gibbons are on the big club come opening day.  

It's my understanding that some of these guys are getting 3 year deals to make the expansion fodder

10 hours ago, arch stanton said:

It's my understanding that some of these guys are getting 3 year deals to make the expansion fodder

Good point. They also have to leave a certain % of payroll exposed in the expansion draft too.
Because of Kesler's injury he'll be asked to waive his NMC for the expansion draft since no expansion team would even considering taking him then add in buying out Perry who will have only 1 year remaining on his salary.

So then they can use the 8 skaters + 1 goalie to protect: Getzlaf/Rakell/Kase/Henrique/Fowler/Lindholm/Manson/Montour + Gibson & only risk losing Cogs, Ritchie or Silf if he isn't traded already.

Since the Ducks have a ton of forwards coming up from the farm system in the next few years they can risk exposing Cogs, Silf & Ritchie.

19 hours ago, gotbeer said:

What?  For a near cap team.  Silfverberg seems more like an ideal trade candidate than extension candidate.  

Yeah once a guy like Silf is signed long term he's going to just barely show up in games after getting a payday.

Montour should improve alot this season cause he's going to want to raising the price on getting him extended long term by performing well in the next 2 years.

On 7/21/2018 at 2:05 PM, UndertheHalo said:

Well, here it is. 

its a bit loud for my tastes to be honest, but I’m a huge fan of the mask crest and am glad it’ll be worn on the ice again.  Will have to see it in person before deciding on whether to buy or not. 

I think those new 3rd's look pretty slick.

I will always prefer the teal and eggplant with the mask logo, but if the Ducks are to stick with the webfoot D logo and current color scheme, I would like the primary home jerseys to be orange.

On 7/27/2018 at 8:20 PM, UndertheHalo said:

The Athletic put out a top 50 prospects list.  The Ducks have 1 guy at 40.  Sam Steel. 

Ouch. 

This really doesn't surprise me much.  What, we've won the Pacific 6 out of 7 years or something like that?  We just rarely pick in the teens let alone single digits.

What Montour’s Contract Could Mean for Kase

I'm surprised I see no writers making comparisons of Kase and his contract to Rakell.

At 21, Rakell 71 GP, 31 pts, 53.1, 53.2 Corsi Fenwick

At 22, 72 GP, 43 pts, 53.5, 54.7

At 21, Kase 53 GP, 15 pts, 52.7, 53.3

At 22, 66 GP, 38 pts, 52.7, 52.9

At 23, Rakell signed a 6 year, 22.8 million contract.  It was a gamble, but man, right now it's an absolute bargain for 4 more years.