• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Red Sox (4/18/18)

Chuck

Skagg's goes into spring training to work on his change, But doesn't throw a single one in this game!!! like WTF!! 

Also Gubi should be getting the Pitching coaches jobs!! He literally said if Skaggs doesnt start throwing up in the zone against Devers he going to hit it hard!! and what happens..... Great game plan by Nagy, Skaggs. Maybe they should have watched how Procello got out of a base's loaded jam by pitching up with a 93 miles per up

also why wasn't Cozart given an error on that misplay?  

3 minutes ago, IheartLA said:

question - how do we have a record payroll spending so little on pitching?

I haven't done a lot of research but is it normal for a team to spend this much % on hitting? We can't have more than $25M in pitching out of almost $175M. How is this possible? Are other teams like this b/c I can't comprehend we're carrying more pitchers than hitters yet they're making 15% of the salary.

Because we have a bunch of cost controlled arms ? 

-Skaggs

-Heaney

- Richards 

- Shoemaker 

- Tropeano

- Barria

Alll these guys have been under club control.  They’ve never been free agents.  With all of these pitching assets why would the angels spend money here ?

Its not that complicated. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 minutes ago, TroutField said:

Jesus I hate Skaggs. Like I can’t even watch him pitch, I had to turn it off before the grand slam that I knew was coming happened. Mental midget, move on from him please 

They will when they have a replacement for him. Just view him as a #4 or #5 guy and it’s not as frustrating 

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

-Skaggs

-Heaney

- Richards 

- Shoemaker 

- Tropeano

- Barria

Alll these guys have been under club control.  They’ve never been free agents. 

That's not good depth. Name one legit postseason team that relies on pitchers like Skaggs, Tropeano, Barria, Shoemaker, etc. Most of the legit contenders (Astros, Dodgers, Red Sox, etc.) have a much, much better pitching staff. 

1 minute ago, bloodbrother said:

They get to face Gerrit Cole, Charlie Morton, and Verlander next week in Houston. The SF series is big for them. Need to win that series and need to try and avoid the sweep tomorrow or this fast start can be just about erased in a week's time

Houston will wreck the Halo pitching staff

1 minute ago, Jason said:

They will when they have a replacement for him. Just view him as a #4 or #5 guy and it’s not as frustrating 

It’s not that he isn’t an ace, it’s the whole CJ Wilson school of pitching. Set up the batter with 2 really good pitches and then float a fastball right down broadway and the hitter is all over it. Or jump ahead 0-2 and then dick around and end up walking the batter. 

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

-Skaggs

-Heaney

- Richards 

- Shoemaker 

- Tropeano

- Barria

Alll these guys have been under club control.  They’ve never been free agents. 

jesus you're a smartass, no shit I already knew that. It was more of a wtf moment I was bringing up, we could have better allocated our resources.

Just now, Ohtani&Trout said:

That's not good depth. Name one legit postseason team that relies on pitchers like Skaggs, Tropeano, Barria, Shoemaker, etc. Most of the legit contenders (Astros, Dodgers, Red Sox, etc.) have a much, much better pitching staff. 

Do they ? Why is Alex Wood so great ? He’s not that different from our guys.   Or Maeda.  Or last year Kazmir.  Or McCarthy.  The Astros also had limited pitching depth.  Our guys talent wise are pretty solid.