• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Adios Carlos Perez

Revad

I guess this is goodbye to Carlos Perez, his last game as an Angel for now at least.  He did everything he could in AAA last year and would have made fine backup catcher.  I think he was pretty much bent over a table by the Angels as a catcher and that was handled by Scioscia, just didn’t measure up for Mike.  Deja vu anyone?

2 minutes ago, Revad said:

I guess this is goodbye to Carlos Perez, his last game as an Angel for now at least.  He did everything he could in AAA last year and would have made fine backup catcher.  I think he was pretty much bent over a table by the Angels as a catcher and that was handled by Scioscia, just didn’t measure up for Mike.  Deja vu anyone?

Except that didn’t happen.  They got a better catcher in Maldonado, they probably thought he was better as insurance to be an everyday starter rather than be a catcher that catches once or twice a week so he went down to the minors.  He played well enough to be a starter on a team that doesn’t have a gold glove winning catcher or a team that doesn’t want an offensive catcher.  No team has raised their hand to trade for the guy.  His market is what it is and that is on him and not the Angels.  I highly doubt his stock would be higher if he was a major league back up catcher versus a catcher that hit .350 in AAA.  So no, it doesn’t sound familiar.

1 hour ago, SuperTroopers said:

Except that didn’t happen.  They got a better catcher in Maldonado, they probably thought he was better as insurance to be an everyday starter rather than be a catcher that catches once or twice a week so he went down to the minors.  He played well enough to be a starter on a team that doesn’t have a gold glove winning catcher or a team that doesn’t want an offensive catcher.  No team has raised their hand to trade for the guy.  His market is what it is and that is on him and not the Angels.  I highly doubt his stock would be higher if he was a major league back up catcher versus a catcher that hit .350 in AAA.  So no, it doesn’t sound familiar.

I was thinking of the addition of Rivera, who is solid and will be valuable.  I doubt Eppler made the move without consulting Sosh.  Perez would have been here for a few years, gotten more experience and possibly turned in to regular but he never got that chance.  Wish him good luck.

1 hour ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

Will become a much better catcher once  he gets away from the fat thumb of Scioscia. 

You know, Napoli only only caught 133 games after leaving the Angels. On his third season with Texas he never once sat behind the dish again. Never caught for Boston or Cleveland. 

And it wasn't even Scioscia's call. Imagine that. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Meanwhile Mathis is signed up for his 14th season as a catcher. 

If I'da known you could bat under .200 for your career and still be a paid pro ballplayer I woulda tried a lot harder growing up.

Either way Mathis is garbage.

Perez did seem to scuffle here, which is too bad, I liked him quite a bit and wish he would have performed better. I have absolutely no confidence in Skip's catcher considerations.

2 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

If I'da known you could bat under .200 for your career and still be a paid pro ballplayer I woulda tried a lot harder growing up.

Either way Mathis is garbage.

Perez did seem to scuffle here, which is too bad, I liked him quite a bit and wish he would have performed better. I have absolutely no confidence in Skip's catcher considerations.

Mathis is garbage yet Greinke prefers him as did Weaver, and Haren says he’s the best catcher he ever pitched too.  So instead of calling him garbage understand there’s more to the game than just numbers.  

As for not trusting Sosh and his choice of catchers, well Maldonado won a gold glove last year, and Perez was a finalist a couple years back.   

27 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

Mathis is garbage yet Greinke prefers him as did Weaver, and Haren says he’s the best catcher he ever pitched too.  So instead of calling him garbage understand there’s more to the game than just numbers.  

As for not trusting Sosh and his choice of catchers, well Maldonado won a gold glove last year, and Perez was a finalist a couple years back.   

He hates Mathis cuz MS trained him as well as chose him over Naps.  And even with a horrible bat, he's gone on to sticking at mlb for 13 years.  Anyone associated with MS get the Anaheim Bob voodoo doll.