• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Adios Carlos Perez

Revad

3 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

People bitching about losing Carlos or pretending he will now become a star are basically the Scioscia haters that lack logic. 

pretty much...it's not like he was a future Mike Trout, dude was a career backup.

12 hours ago, tomsred said:

I think Ward will be at least as good as Perez in a year or two.  In the meantime, Maldonado gets most all of the playing time.  I just hope Eppler can snag a low minor leaguer for him that we can possibly develop.

Maldonado and Rivera are both in walk years, assuming one or the other is resigned there’s still an open spot.  Will Ward be ready, and can he play up to teams defensive standards?  

3 minutes ago, Revad said:

Maldonado and Rivera are both in walk years, assuming one or the other is resigned there’s still an open spot.  Will Ward be ready, and can he play up to teams defensive standards?  

I believe from what I've gathered from others on this forum, it's Ward's offense that is lacking, not his defense.  Also, who knows if Scioscia will still be managing next year with the Halos to put his stamp of approval on next years catcher.   

5 hours ago, Dave Saltzer said:

We should be able to get a bullpen arm or a prospect ranked around 15-20 for him, IMHO. As was pointed out, I believe we do have 10 days to work out a trade for him before any team can just claim him.

Prospect around 15-20? For a backup catcher who can’t make the major league roster and is out of options?

Royals DFAed Kyle Zimmer and Wily Peralta today. Expecting to trade Zimmer before day is done...

Carlos Perez for Kyle Zimmer? He fits the Eppler profile..former 1st rounder, has an option remaining, high K/9 in minors, could profile as a starter or multi-inning reliever. 

We wouldn't have to DFA anyone to add him to the 40-man, now that Dayan Diaz has been placed on the restricted list.

8 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Royals DFAed Kyle Zimmer and Wily Peralta today. Expecting to trade Zimmer before day is done...

Carlos Perez for Kyle Zimmer? He fits the Eppler profile..former 1st rounder, has an option remaining, high K/9 in minors, could profile as a starter or multi-inning reliever. 

We wouldn't have to DFA anyone to add him to the 40-man, now that Dayan Diaz has been placed on the restricted list.

I like this idea!