• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Blowtani

1 hour ago, OHTANILAND said:

I agree. I think he has Ace capability but I seriously think AAA wouldn’t be a bad thing for the short term. 

It will really depend on how he does his last few games pitching in ST.  Earlier on in ST, most pitchers are working on things, trying new things and rarely go 100% in any games.  They start to tighten things up the closer to the regular season we get.  His next few starts will start to show us where he really is.  Along with everyone else too.

4 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I think everyone can agree that any kind of production out of him with the bat was a bonus. When we signed him, we got the top pitching prospect in all of baseball. 

Nobody is even close when comparing stuff and he has already shown as a 20-year old that he can get out major league hitters on a national scene. 

This

8 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah, because major league proven pitchers never get rocked in spring training. 

He's yet to prove anything at the ML level. If he had, be easier to cut him some slack. Just going by what I see, he's just not there yet. he will be, at least pitching wise. 

The Astros starters have been quality this spring, but let's look at the rest of the AL West's aces this spring. 

The Mariners ace, James Paxton: 10.32 ERA
Oakland's ace, Kendall Graveman: 12.00 ERA
Rangers ace, Cole Hamels: 5.40 ERA

Just some other names of quality arms who have struggled this spring. 

Steve Matz: 10.80 ERA
Jon Gray: 10.22 ERA
Jeff Samardzija: 10.64 ERA
Dylan Bundy: 10.61 ERA
Danny Duffy: 9.35 ERA
Rich Hill: 8.59 ERA

19 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah, because major league proven pitchers never get rocked in spring training. 

Proven ML pitchers have already done something to show they are proven.  Ohtani hasn't.  Today, he looks like a young guy, with tons of talent, that needs time in AAA before coming up tot he majors.