• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels current Mt. Rushmore

gurn67

55 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

If longevity:  Fregosi, Salmon, Scioscia, and GA

If most influential: Autry, Ryan, Scioscia, and Trout

If most talented:   Ryan, Salmon, Trout, and Glaus

If most discussed:  Scioscia, Pujols, Hamilton, Dipoto

If most appropriate:  Stoneman (alone)

If most entertaining:  Ryan, Arte, Trout, Rodney (Hey, we need at least one black player)

10 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

If longevity:  Fregosi, Salmon, Scioscia, and GA

If most influential: Autry, Ryan, Scioscia, and Trout

If most talented:   Ryan, Salmon, Trout, and Glaus

Does jimmy reese get consideration?

Someone mentioned carew. I wouldnt have thought of him, but it makes a lot of sense.

I think alex curry goes above salmon.

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Does jimmy reese get consideration?

Someone mentioned carew. I wouldnt have thought of him, but it makes a lot of sense.

I think alex curry goes above salmon.

carew wouldn't even crack my top 25. his accomplishments as a halo were rather pedestrian.

dean chance won a cy young with us but doesn't have the longevity. same with don baylor and his mvp. brian downing ought to at least get a shout out from someone here.

so you'd put alex curry on top of salmon? she'd be kind of a reverse cowboy, right? right??

13 hours ago, stormngt said:

Putting in the money for the franchise to come into existence is pretty important.

Kind of like George Washington as President

He was the first.

Autry went to the expansion meetings with the hopes of coming back with the television rights. He came back with the team. Our George Washington is an apt description.

!. Autry --- no. 26 is always number one in my book.

2. Fregosi - first star of the new franchise - long the identity of the team -- obviously not the best player/ stats.

3, Nolan Ryan -- perhaps one of most dominating pitchers of all time - 7 no hitters, 4 with the Halos -- the Bavasi quote - 'go get me two 8-7 pitchers' should be at the base of statute.

4, MIKE TROUT -- acknowledged as the best player in MLB the past few seasons -- perhaps only player Halos have to claim such a thing.

5. Vlad -- the first real position player superstar the Angels had for a considerable amount of his career

(Don Baylor had a great career and a great MVP season as a Halo - but considered a member of other teams more so than the Halos -- now if you want to have a 'best single season' player type ranking - guys like Baylor, Darrin Erstad , J-Rod make it -- at the other category would be 'most consistent' Halos - stat wise - which means career leaders and that's where guys like Garret Anderson, Tim Salmon, Chuck Finley, Troy Percival are listed).

Fregosi because he was their first real star with some longetivity (fringe HoF).

Trout b/c duh. He's been around long enough and accomplished enough.

Autry b/c he started this thing. Maybe not if the team is 25+ years older and more of us hadn't been witness to the teams of the '60s, 70's, and 80's, but for now he gets on the rock.

4th face is more difficult.

Ryan, Finley, Salmon, Anderson, Guerrero, et al.

Gotta go with Ryan. Too much head and shoulders above just about everybody else from the '70s Halos.

Thought of something else that Fregosi was a part of that had a huge impact on this organization. He was part of one of the most lopsided trades in Major League history. Mets got 0.2 WAR out of Fregosi. Angels got 40.2 WAR out of Nolan Ryan and 5.3 WAR out of Leroy Stanton

11 hours ago, Tank said:

carew wouldn't even crack my top 25. his accomplishments as a halo were rather pedestrian.

dean chance won a cy young with us but doesn't have the longevity. same with don baylor and his mvp. brian downing ought to at least get a shout out from someone here.

so you'd put alex curry on top of salmon? she'd be kind of a reverse cowboy, right? right??

I really wanted to say something obscene after the curry comment but got lazy.

As far as carew, its not (for me) so much his plaging numbers, but more his overall commitment to the team. A lot of people probably dont know it, but to this day, carew (as a non paid employee) meets up with guys on the team to work on hitting.i think hes been a huge part of the org.

On 12/31/2017 at 12:22 PM, tomsred said:

Then there is the Angels top 10 criminals list:

1. Josh Hamilton, 2. Jerry Dipoto, 3. Tony Reagins, 4. Gary Mathews, 5. Doug Eddings (I know, not an Angel, but....),

6. A.J. Perzinski (I know, not an Angel, but would be on any list of this type), 7. Shea Hillinbrand, 8. Esteban Yan, 9. Jose Guillen, 10. Buzzie Bavasi (for the single act of trading Ryan).

They will never sniff Mt. Rushmore. 

Ryan wasn’t traded he left as a free agent. Buzzie thought he could replace Nolie with two 9-8 pitchers. That is what makes Buzzie a “criminal”.