• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels in discussions with CC Sabathia

KevinJ14

Just now, wopphil said:

You guys are crazy. He has averaged 165 innings the last two years with a 116 ERA+. Those numbers, if on the Angels, would have made him hands down the most effective pitcher on the staff. He is likely to command only a one or two year deal, and signing him would allow us to move Skaggs or Heaney for a second or third baseman. 

When you factor in all of our misfortunes he would've been our Ace. It's too bad he had the alcohol issues.

1 minute ago, wopphil said:

You guys are crazy. He has averaged 165 innings the last two years with a 116 ERA+. Those numbers, if on the Angels, would have made him hands down the most effective pitcher on the staff. He is likely to command only a one or two year deal, and signing him would allow us to move Skaggs or Heaney for a second or third baseman. 

This is a much better direction than Darvish  ... doesn’t necessarily have to be CC

21 minutes ago, wopphil said:

That was what I was thinking.  He is not the dominant CC but with a short contract, he would so much better than most of  the other back of the rotation pitchers being considered.  I can Skaggs being jettisoned before Heaney. 

5 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I think it falls into "hes better than we think, but still not really a good move" territory.

It all depends on what other moves were looking to make. Have to assume one of our pitchers is getting moved for a 2B.

I disagree. If he's cheap, then the move is just fine. Even if he gives us 200 IP and a 4.00 ERA at the back end, I'd take that over what we have now. IMO it all depends on how much mula the man wants. 

Assuming the Halos go to a 6-man rotation(which Eppler heavily implied), Sabathia can slot into the rotation as that steady vet guy among a group of young and uncertain arms. Sure as hell beats the last vet guy they had(Nolasco)

Richards
Sabathia
Ohtani
Skaggs
Shoemaker
Heaney

Bridwell/Barria/Scribner/JC Ramirez as depth

Nice R/L/R/L/R mix.