• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New Senate Tax Plan

10 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Democrats are introducing amendment after amendment after amendment, each one of which has to be voted on with every senator called. Where's McConnell to restore order? I haven't seen him. Why is he allowing this farce to continue?

It's 1:30 am and who knows when the vote will happen, but they will not adjourn until they vote. Could be 6 am before this is finished. Some senators are dozing off right now.

This is a load of crap. Our dysfunctional government. A bunch of rich, spoiled children. Democrats keeping everyone up all night just out of spite. The vote totals are a foregone conclusion, but they won't allow it to happen.

Are you fucking serious?  The republicans want this voted on before it can actually be read and you’re bitching that the democrats are holding this up?  

16 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Are you fucking serious?  The republicans want this voted on before it can actually be read and you’re bitching that the democrats are holding this up?  

They had no intention of voting 'yes' on this even if someone had read every single page out loud in a slow and careful cadence, and then read it over again.

If the Republicans and Trump are for it, they're against it. The Schumer Doctrine.

And to be fair, it pretty much works for both sides. There hasn't been any desire for compromise from either party in Congress in years. Our dysfunctional government. Doesn't much matter if there's an R or a D next to their names.

Edited by fan_since79

11 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Democrats are introducing amendment after amendment after amendment, each one of which has to be voted on with every senator called. Where's McConnell to restore order? I haven't seen him. Why is he allowing this farce to continue?

It's 1:30 am and who knows when the vote will happen, but they will not adjourn until they vote. Could be 6 am before this is finished. Some senators are dozing off right now.

This is a load of crap. Our dysfunctional government. A bunch of rich, spoiled children. Democrats keeping everyone up all night just out of spite. The vote totals are a foregone conclusion, but they won't allow it to happen.

Oh jeeeeez.

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

My point is you are bitching about one side when the other side is complicit in the assholery.  

I would not disagree...just noting the childishness of them keeping everyone up till 2 in the morning out of spite.

I would agree the plan is a disaster. They rammed it through just so they could have a 'victory'. Again, without any compromise from either side it's near to impossible to get any good legislation. So yes, the whole thing is crap. 

Edited by fan_since79

27 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I would not disagree...just noting the childishness of them keeping everyone up till 2 in the morning out of spite.

I would agree the plan is a disaster. They rammed it through just so they could have a 'victory'. Again, without any compromise from either side it's near to impossible to get any good legislation. So yes, the whole thing is crap. 

So, you walk into a room and there is one set of folks keeping everyone up until 2 in the morning yelling...dude...don't do it...and on the other side is a group of people who are getting ready to drop a giant bucking a steaming wet diarrhea on most of the country

And you declare...see, they both suck

And we wonder why we have the government we do

16 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

If you defend this disgrace of a tax "bill" then you're a fucking shitheel.

I’m not sure how anyone could support or oppose it. It’s not like anyone here knows exactly what the bill entails. The only thing we hear is the rhetoric about it from both parties. I doubt either one is being fully transparent about it. Then again it will polrobably be crap like everything else congress touches

13 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

They definitely should but the fact remains they help support a lot of red states who are net takers at the federal level.  Like I said I'll be interested to see what kind of fall out there is in CA over this because I can see some of the R's who are still left facing po'd voters but voting them out and putting a D in definitely isn't the answer. 

Senator Dean Heller's sucking up to Trump is almost certainly going to get him booted in November 2018. 

On 12/1/2017 at 12:33 PM, nate said:

My only issue with it is that it removes deductions for tuition and student loan interest.

But since I will see about a $5k tax cut, it turns out I am ok with it.

clearly, nate is one of trumpy's billionaire friends.

i'll bet they play squash together at the club.

8 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

You know, when Obama raised the debt by $10 trillion nobody on the Democrat side said a word about it, but now that there's a projection of a $1 trillion increase in the deficit over the next ten years, it's like the end of the world is here.

People sure do dig their heels  in and root for their team

38 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

It's hilarious to read the comments on Facebook...apocalyptic. The end of America as we know it, and countless variations on that theme.

And the rage and hatred. Oh my goodness.

Facebook? Don’t you mean Chuck Schumer? 

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

You know, when Obama raised the debt by $10 trillion nobody on the Democrat side said a word about it, but now that there's a projection of a $1 trillion increase in the deficit over the next ten years, it's like the end of the world is here.

Obama didn't raise the debt by $10 trillion.  Feel free to educate yourself and then make excuses.

https://www.thebalance.com/national-debt-under-obama-3306293

1 hour ago, Glen said:

Obama didn't raise the debt by $10 trillion.  Feel free to educate yourself and then make excuses.

Now hold on here....just hold the fuck on while we get this straight...are you implying that conservative media and Fox News have been pushing a false narrative? I don’t believe it...I mean...who would fall for that?

3 hours ago, Glen said:

“Depending on who you ask, President Obama added anywhere from $983 billion to $9 trillion to the national debt. Who's lying? None of them. That's because there are three ways to look at the debt added by any president. 

The first, and most common, method is to subtract the debt level when he took office from the debt level when he left. The second, and more accurate, method is to add together his projected budget deficits.“

I’ll go with the first method instead of the bullshit excuse-making method. 

4 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

In my opinion I think the more appropriate response would be "I wish the current president wouldn't continue to make the same mistakes, with regards to the debt, as his predecessors." Instead of each side calling each other out for the same exact behavior. 

Also $1.6 trillion over the next ten years....... plus all the additional debt we pile on top of it that has nothing to do with the tax cut. Now the $1.6 trillion seems a little bit worse. 

2 hours ago, red321 said:

Now hold on here....just hold the fuck on while we get this straight...are you implying that conservative media and Fox News have been pushing a false narrative? I don’t believe it...I mean...who would fall for that?

So he posts a link in which the very first paragraph states nobody is lying and you say the media is lying.

perspective is funny