• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New Senate Tax Plan

On 11/9/2017 at 3:13 PM, krAbs said:

Quick off the top of my head vote counting, they need 50 of their 52 seats to vote yes on it in the senate (assuming anything can pass through the house). Secret-liberal Rand Paul sounds like he will likely be a no, and it seems likely Corker will be a no. So, the margin is...thin...

Thanks for the laugh. 

15 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

By all means, let's give corporations a tax break at the expense of the middle class.

Republicans seem intent on committing political suicide.

I do think lowering the corporate tax rate is a good thing. As it is, we have the 4th highest in the world. 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

I do think lowering the corporate tax rate is a good thing. As it is, we have the 4th highest in the world. 

I would be more sympathetic if (1) they weren't eliminating tax deductions for the rest of us to pay for it, and (2) companies weren't moving operations to countries where they can pay poverty wages.

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I would be more sympathetic if (1) they weren't eliminating tax deductions for the rest of us to pay for it, and (2) companies weren't moving operations to countries where they can pay poverty wages.

The current tax rate is probably a contributor to #2, no? Along with tons of other regulations and taxes.

5 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

But corporations should not take precedence over the citizenry 

I agree with you. But corporations in the US are clearly taxed too much as well. If the corporate tax rate is the 4th highest in the world it definitely needs to come down one way or another.

I wish it could be fixed by reducing government spending, but that's apparently a pipe dream.

14 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

They may be but why all the way to 20%?  Why not 25% and more of a break to the middle class?

Because why give an extra 5% tax break to the middle class when we can trust the corporations to allow that 5% to trickle down?

Here's what Trump's new tax plan means if you're making $25,000, $75,000, or $175,000 a year

Of course they are talking about if you just make a standard deduction, which 70% of the country does.

Single, no children.

Family of 4, 2 kids under 17.

• $25,000 household income: estimated annual tax increase of $72.
  • $75,000 household income: estimated annual tax savings of $1,711.
  • $175,000 household income: estimated annual tax savings of $2,264.

I'm good with it.  I'm not rich and have all these deductions like all you other folks.

If this goes through then I'm going to have to seriously consider creating an LLC to run my editorial work through. I've balled on this for years because I hate the quarterly and paying everything up front out of pocket but it would allow me to setup a workstation at home and play the office costs and depreciation games while making my car at write off.

which is probably a good thing since your medicare would be nonexistent and you'd need the extra cash

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/besides-killing-aca-mandate-gop-tax-bill-triggers-25-billion-cut-to-medicare

Most of the focus has been on the bill’s tax benefits for the wealthy and corporations, but some lawmakers are sounding the alarm that passage of the bill will also trigger an estimated $25 billion cut to Medicare....

....Thanks to laws created by the Tea Party’s infamous 2010 sequester showdown over government spending, automatic cuts spring into action anytime Congress passes a bill that balloons the federal deficit, as the tax bill would. The approximately $136 billion in cuts spurred by the GOP tax bill would hit a number of government programs—including farm subsidies and the Border Patrol—but would cut most deeply into Medicare. Medicaid, Social Security, and food stamps are protected.