• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Hot Stove Thread

greginpsca

On 3/7/2018 at 7:00 PM, bloodbrother said:

There is zero reason for the Angels to sign Moustakas. The 1 thing he offers is HR's in a time when HR's are at an all-time high around MLB. Let some other team give him $15 mill a yr to provide league average production

There have plenty of years where league average production from our third baseman would have been wonderfully welcome.

heres hoping Cozart can be on the plus side of that equation this year.

this is on Boras.  The player plays.  It's the agents job to assess and predict the market.  If the player overrides the agent at any given point then why have an agent in the first place? They take a significant percentage of money to get this right.  

How often does a client override their attorney?  Especially one with a profile similar to Boras.  

If I am Mike Moustakas and the guy I'm paying 10% of my money tells me to turn down 45 mil and I get 6mil instead, I am going to be flat out pissed.    

6 hours ago, Dochalo said:

this is on Boras.  The player plays.  It's the agents job to assess and predict the market.  If the player overrides the agent at any given point then why have an agent in the first place? They take a significant percentage of money to get this right.  

How often does a client override their attorney?  Especially one with a profile similar to Boras.  

If I am Mike Moustakas and the guy I'm paying 10% of my money tells me to turn down 45 mil and I get 6mil instead, I am going to be flat out pissed.    

Will be interesting to see if Boras is still representing Moustakas next offseason. And some of his other clients such as Holland who likely turned down a nice offer from the Rockies before they got Wade Davis. 

33 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Angels deny that they made that offer

Angels had to leak this.  Something like this only hurts Boras. Makes him look like the arrogant, misguided agent that he is.  Yes he’s gotten his players paid pretty well in the past. I just don’t like how he acts like he is bigger than the game. 

14 minutes ago, nando714 said:

You mean they’re seperating , right ? 

I mean they did take it last season ....

Without having done a ton of looking at it, I'm worried you're right. We had more than a fair share of pitching injuries and a good hot stove season, but unless the twins had some really lucky seasons from some players, their counter signings have been really good.  Don't want to see the halos left out of postseason, again. 

twins have gotten Logan Morrison, Jake Odorizzi, Addsion Reed, and now Lance Lynn.  (they got Rodney too, but he sucks. ) 

They haven't really lost anyone important.  

The halos get a full season of Upton, Kinsler, and Cozart.  The big kicker is that of the 6 players projected to be in the rotation, they combined for 49 starts last year.  38 of those were from Shoe and Ramirez.  Two guys project for the back of the rotation.  

So it depends on how much you believe our 1-4 of Richards, Ohtani, Skaggs, and Heaney are going to be better than Nolasco, Chavez, Bridwell and others. 

The Twins are replacing horrible innings from 2 of Colon, Santiago, and Gibson with Lynn and Odorizzi.  I also have my doubts that a 35 yo Ervin Santana is going to throw 211.1 innings of 3.28 baseball.  

I'm calling it even right now.  

4 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

At this point, id take cobb. Id almost prefer holland though, if we could get him for one of these bargain deals.

I'd prefer Holland too. It's interesting how the Sabre metrics folks are starting to change to the side of supremely valuing upper tier relievers. For the longest time, they screamed how all relievers were overpaid. Now with starters pitching the lowest share of innings ever, that script has flipped. 

2 hours ago, GoodTimesGoneBad said:

Need to make it a 2 or 3 year deal to make it worth giving up a pick. Nice insurance in case Richards leaves. 

Couldn't agree more. If you are going to sign one of these guys and lose a pick, you better get at least two years (but preferably three).