• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Hot Stove Thread

greginpsca

4 hours ago, Dochalo said:

twins have gotten Logan Morrison, Jake Odorizzi, Addsion Reed, and now Lance Lynn.  (they got Rodney too, but he sucks. ) 

They haven't really lost anyone important.  

The halos get a full season of Upton, Kinsler, and Cozart.  The big kicker is that of the 6 players projected to be in the rotation, they combined for 49 starts last year.  38 of those were from Shoe and Ramirez.  Two guys project for the back of the rotation.  

So it depends on how much you believe our 1-4 of Richards, Ohtani, Skaggs, and Heaney are going to be better than Nolasco, Chavez, Bridwell and others. 

The Twins are replacing horrible innings from 2 of Colon, Santiago, and Gibson with Lynn and Odorizzi.  I also have my doubts that a 35 yo Ervin Santana is going to throw 211.1 innings of 3.28 baseball.  

I'm calling it even right now.  

Rodney will blow saves but Rodney will still get 30-40 saves IF he is the closer. But he might not be. Reed may close. Still, the Twins have a bullpen and starting pitching that pencil out better than the Angels.

The Twins will probably score more runs. Defense is a push;  both are good defensive clubs.

But the Twins play in the AL Central. Likely three sub-.500 teams in that division.

Advantage Twins.

4 hours ago, Dochalo said:

twins have gotten Logan Morrison, Jake Odorizzi, Addsion Reed, and now Lance Lynn.  (they got Rodney too, but he sucks. ) 

They haven't really lost anyone important.  

The halos get a full season of Upton, Kinsler, and Cozart.  The big kicker is that of the 6 players projected to be in the rotation, they combined for 49 starts last year.  38 of those were from Shoe and Ramirez.  Two guys project for the back of the rotation.  

So it depends on how much you believe our 1-4 of Richards, Ohtani, Skaggs, and Heaney are going to be better than Nolasco, Chavez, Bridwell and others. 

The Twins are replacing horrible innings from 2 of Colon, Santiago, and Gibson with Lynn and Odorizzi.  I also have my doubts that a 35 yo Ervin Santana is going to throw 211.1 innings of 3.28 baseball.  

I'm calling it even right now.  

The Twins are likely going to have better seasons from Miguel Sano, Byron Buxton and Max Kepler. Adding LoMo, Odorizzi and Lynn makes them pretty dangerous.

The Twins, Indians, Angels, Astros, Red Sox and Yanks will be fighting for five playoff spots. There's going to be one very good team that doesn't play in October. Then there are a collection of teams that are on the fringe but might surprise, like the O's, Jays, Mariners and Rangers.

The AL looks to be stacked this year, much more so than years past.

11 hours ago, OHTANILAND said:

Lol @ WC2. Is that the plan?

I mean, the Astros have the best roster in MLB right now and I'd say both Boston and NY have more talent than the Angels right now too, at least on paper. Obviously the games still have to be played but as of today the teams I'm moreso focused on are the Twins, Mariners, perhaps Blue Jays and Rangers.

1 hour ago, bloodbrother said:

I mean, the Astros have the best roster in MLB right now and I'd say both Boston and NY have more talent than the Angels right now too, at least on paper. Obviously the games still have to be played but as of today the teams I'm moreso focused on are the Twins, Mariners, perhaps Blue Jays and Rangers.

Oh I completely agree that the teams you mentioned have more talent but I’d like to think that the Angels start each and every season with the mindset that they’re shooting for the division title first. 

22 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

Oh I completely agree that the teams you mentioned have more talent but I’d like to think that the Angels start each and every season with the mindset that they’re shooting for the division title first. 

I'm sure they are. My post was my expectations regarding the club.

23 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

of course, but how does that change what's realistically going to happen?

22 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

Ok I’ll curb my enthusiasm earlier this season. Like now.

I must have missed it because as last year closed you were saying they were at least 5 years away from being competitive...   Somehow I never saw when where you were enthusiastic about the Angels chances.   

So when does "never" come?  Between Winter and Spring?

11 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I must have missed it because as last year closed you were saying they were at least 5 years away from being competitive...   Somehow I never saw when where you were enthusiastic about the Angels chances.   

So when does "never" come?  Between Winter and Spring?

I apologize. I got a glimmer of hope when they lowered the fence. 

8 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Yes, Im sure you were happy that the Yankees' LHBs would have an easier park to hit in when they come out West..   But I asked when you were enthusiastic about the Angels...  

;)

When there was talk of contraction is my guess.

The angels are confusing 

it’s like they  want to be all in, but at the same time when you have a free agency like this off season where you’re not breaking the bank on years or dollars and they’re not taking advantage of it. 

People talk about losing a draft pick ? Imo if whoever signs makes us better todAy rather than a draft pick who might be a major leaguer in 2022 than I choose being better today. 

3 minutes ago, nando714 said:

The angels are confusing 

it’s like they  want to be all in, but at the same time when you have a free agency like this off season where you’re not breaking the bank on years or dollars and they’re not taking advantage of it. 

People talk about losing a draft pick ? Imo if whoever signs makes us better todAy rather than a draft pick who might be a major leaguer in 2022 than I choose being better today. 

You just set yourself up for the Tex, Trout connection.