• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017 MLB Playoffs Thread

Ohtaniland

Indians can throw SP arms at you with Kluber, Carrasco, Salazar, Bauer, and Clevinger, havea great BP, have a solid run scoring offense.  I think they're the most complete team.

I think Yankees best the Twins then get beaten by the Indians.  Astros will take the Red Sox but lose to the Tribe in the ALCS. 

Diamondbacks beat the Rockies and will the Dodgers as well.  Nats will beat the Cubs and will beat DBacks in the NLCS

Tribe over Nats in 5 games in the WS

5 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Indians can throw SP arms at you with Kluber, Carrasco, Salazar, Bauer, and Clevinger, havea great BP, have a solid run scoring offense.  I think they're the most complete team.

I think Yankees best the Twins then get beaten by the Indians.  Astros will take the Red Sox but lose to the Tribe in the ALCS. 

Diamondbacks beat the Rockies and will the Dodgers as well.  Nats will beat the Cubs and will beat DBacks in the NLCS

Tribe over Nats in 5 games in the WS

Tribe against Nats would be a very interesting WS, would definitely tune in. 

43 minutes ago, Tank said:

Pulling for the tribe. In the last thirteen years we've seen both the Red Sox and Cubs end their streaks. Time for the Indians to join them.

I know it's easy to forget but the White Sox had gone longer than the Red Sox when they ended their streak. Or is it just selective amnesia based on who they beat in the ALCS and how?

Skanks over Twins

Indians over Skanks

Astros over Red Sux

Indians over Astros 

D-Backs over Rockies

D-Backs over Dogs

Nats over Cubs

Nats over D-Backs

Indians end 69 year drought with a 4-2 games triumph over the Nats.

As good as Scherzer, Strasburg, and Gonzalez are....Kluber himself will be a two time Cy Young winner next month, Carrasco has been rock solid, and Bauer's ERA since the ASB has to be around 3.00.   Indians classic deep pen completes the journey.

I still think CLE is the team to beat in the AL. But they have vulnerabilities, too. Allen is not a great closer. Tito should look at the opposing lineup in the 8th and 9th and use Miller against the strongest threesome. He eats up LH or RH hitters. As I've mentioned before, Allen relies too much on his slider. He needs to throw the fast ball IN on RH hitters more, instead of relying on the slider away.

Also,  LH pitchers force Lindor and Santana to hit from their weaker sides;  while negating Kipnis, Chisenhall and Bruce, somewhat. Ramirez hits everyone, but is slightly better from the right side. Boston has strong LH pitching and could match up well with CLE IF they get past Houston.

I hope this puzzling experiment with Kipnis in CF ends. He is a significant liability out there. Limited range, and absolutely no arm. Runners will take the extra base on him all day. He doesnt turn the DP as well as Ramirez but the alternative is Urshela or Diaz at third and their weaker bats. I'm hoping that Chisenhall returns to the OF with Jackson and Bruce, and Kip goes back to 2nd. I doubt Brantley will be able to play the OF in the ALDS;  maybe the ALCS if the Indians get that far. I hope HOU eliminates the Sox because they are the Sox, afterall.

I would leave Tomlin off the ALDS roster, in favor of an additional position player. But who is on the bench is a really tough question for Tito. So many capable players;  Allen, Naquin, Diaz, Guyer (if healthy), Brantley, Rodriguez, Almonte. Even the young Mejia looks like a good pinch hitter from either side of the plate.

I dont follow the NL nearly as much. I expect it will be LAD vs WSH in ALCS. Unknowns are whether Scherzer can pitch and if Harper got enough ABs at the end of the season (2 for 12). and that old bug-a-boo for WSH, their bullpen, could be an issue. LAD unknowns are whether this relatively young club can hit in the playoffs. Their pitching should be fine.

7 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I know it's easy to forget but the White Sox had gone longer than the Red Sox when they ended their streak. Or is it just selective amnesia based on who they beat in the ALCS and how?

I don't think any of us cared about that then or now.

#screwedbyeddings

1 hour ago, WeatherWonk said:

I still think CLE is the team to beat in the AL. But they have vulnerabilities, too. Allen is not a great closer. Tito should look at the opposing lineup in the 8th and 9th and use Miller against the strongest threesome. He eats up LH or RH hitters. As I've mentioned before, Allen relies too much on his slider. He needs to throw the fast ball IN on RH hitters more, instead of relying on the slider away.

Also,  LH pitchers force Lindor and Santana to hit from their weaker sides;  while negating Kipnis, Chisenhall and Bruce, somewhat. Ramirez hits everyone, but is slightly better from the right side. Boston has strong LH pitching and could match up well with CLE IF they get past Houston.

I hope this puzzling experiment with Kipnis in CF ends. He is a significant liability out there. Limited range, and absolutely no arm. Runners will take the extra base on him all day. He doesnt turn the DP as well as Ramirez but the alternative is Urshela or Diaz at third and their weaker bats. I'm hoping that Chisenhall returns to the OF with Jackson and Bruce, and Kip goes back to 2nd. I doubt Brantley will be able to play the OF in the ALDS;  maybe the ALCS if the Indians get that far. I hope HOU eliminates the Sox because they are the Sox, afterall.

I would leave Tomlin off the ALDS roster, in favor of an additional position player. But who is on the bench is a really tough question for Tito. So many capable players;  Allen, Naquin, Diaz, Guyer (if healthy), Brantley, Rodriguez, Almonte. Even the young Mejia looks like a good pinch hitter from either side of the plate.

I dont follow the NL nearly as much. I expect it will be LAD vs WSH in ALCS. Unknowns are whether Scherzer can pitch and if Harper got enough ABs at the end of the season (2 for 12). and that old bug-a-boo for WSH, their bullpen, could be an issue. LAD unknowns are whether this relatively young club can hit in the playoffs. Their pitching should be fine.

I thought they moved him out there because of Bradley Zimmer being out for the rest of the year?

But yeah I hear what you are saying about keeping him there but they don't seem to have any better options at the moment.

4 hours ago, ettin said:

I thought they moved him out there because of Bradley Zimmer being out for the rest of the year?

But yeah I hear what you are saying about keeping him there but they don't seem to have any better options at the moment.

It was a combination of Zimmer and Chisenhall being down. But Chisenhall is back, I believe. He came back, got reinjured and then came back again. Even Kipnis was only back for about a week before the end of the season. But he was really making good contact.

Zimmer was really a big loss. Fortunately, OF is one of the Indians' deepest areas.