• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Way Too Soon Wild Card Game Question

m0nkey

I know there are some guys that are scheduled to come back before the season ends, but who would you trust in the win or go home game?  

Heaney, assuming he doesn't look rusty when he comes back?  Skaggs because of the potential to shut down a team for 7 innings? Bridwell because he somehow gets the job done?

4 minutes ago, OregonLAA said:

My guess is the Angels are fighting to the end and don't have a choice. If Heaney looks good I'd love to see him get it

If we get a pitcher to at least the 5th, Petit can go 2 or 3 innings and the closer can take the 9th. Heaney was sharp in AAA, but we need to see him against the Orioles next weekend. Skaggs needs to pitch some more before we make any decisions about the play in game.

8 hours ago, m0nkey said:

Because the winner would face the Angels, owner of the best record in the league when it's all said and done

The Yankees won't even have the best record in their division. before we play the best record in the league we have to win the wild card game, the Yankees at the moment. Am I missing something?

1 hour ago, krAbs said:

I was going to post a poll of this. Things to consider: Do any of us REALLY think that Scioscia will start anyone who's name isn't Nolasco? Unless of course he gets hurt, which would be fantastic.

I'm hoping Nolasco is sitting in the bullpen at that point. I wish i would eat crow if that means he is back to the nolasco of last half of last season though. 

4 minutes ago, DMVol said:

You probably won"t get to pick your WC starter....your rotation schedule might dictate that your hottest or best pitchers are used during the last weekend of the season and you might need them then just to make the WC....

Right - but I feel like you can kinda use off days to modify the rotation a little bit if you want to plan it out. its not like...crazy to aim for a certain pitcher to go, even if you're still in a race.

Absent inside knowledge on the return of the injured, I've gotta say Bridwell. Reminds me in (the good) ways of Lackey. Nothing in his peripherals suggests this success. Mediocre K rate. Good, but not great, BB rate. 

Recreate 2002, because why not. It's about as likely now as it was then.

2 hours ago, krAbs said:

Right - but I feel like you can kinda use off days to modify the rotation a little bit if you want to plan it out. its not like...crazy to aim for a certain pitcher to go, even if you're still in a race.

Too far into the future OGAAT. The last 2-3 weeks you may be playing it more closer to the vest. It is still way too early to be discussed. I mean come on MAN!!! We just got back into the RACE!

final day of the AL season might be really wild and with so many teams in the hunt for one or both of the Wild Card spots -- I think you have to think about all the "extend the season another day or two" playoff scenarios with all the bunched up teams........perhaps they should have a mini- March Madness for the teams bunched up.........