• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cowart-O-Meter

10 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

ZiPs and Steamer have now upgraded his rest-of-season forecast to a wRC+ of 64 and 85 respectively.

ZiPs has had him at 60 forever, and Steamer has pushed him up from the 60's at the start of the year to 82 when he was called up.

I love it when you talk dirty to me 

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Numbers aside, how does he look? Does his plate approach look improved? Does he seem (and i know its way early) like his pitch recognition has improved?

He looks great. Last year he looked so jumpy, aggressive, under pressure. Right now he looks calm, patient and selective - like he knows he gets to see at least 3 pitches during an at bat. Yes he still swings at pitches out of the zone, and he has failed to punish pitches that he looked prepared and ready to handle. That said, those are things that most players do. 

So I would say he has not looked like a star caliber hitter, but he has also not looked like a player who's bat is going to keep him from being a starter at the big league level. Obviously the sample size is too small to draw any real conclusions. The real trick will be to see how he looks at the end of the year. If he can do this that long then he easily punches himself in the lineup next year.

3 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

It's premature, but very encouraging and it would be huge for us. If Cowart could keep it up for the rest of the year, he could perhaps be a lead off option for next year?

Call me old-school, but I still like the speed-average-best hitter-power construction for 1-4 hitters. Maybe Simmons/Maybin-Cowart-Trout-Cron/pujols.

I am about as big of a Cowart fan as we have on here.  That being said, I don't need to see him at the top of the line up.  This is one of those times where I am perfectly fine with Scioscia being patient with him and batting in the bottom third of the order. 

6 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

All Angels 2B this season (minus Cowart) = -0.5 WAR in 445 PAs

Cowart at 2B this season = 0.7 WAR in 32 PAs.

By my count, we have gotten 73 hits from 2B so far this year (...wow - and only 37 from Espinosa). Cowart is on pace to get about 100 hits by the end of the year. Even if his batting average settles down to a more reasonable .300, he will be on pace to get about 70 hits, roughly the equivalent to everyone before him combined.