• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who does Cowart have to blow to get a shot?

Glen

8 minutes ago, nando714 said:

You wouldn't be in favor of that move? Lol why

There's no doubt he's an upgrade over anyone we've had there since Glaus.  But as I said, he's coming off of a career year, and that's gonna drive his price way up.

The flip side to that is that Beltre was coming off of a great year and I remember I didn't want the Angels to sign him at the time because I was sure he was gonna regress.  So yeah, what do I know.

I expect we will see Kaleb up after the deadline. Keep him in AAA for now, maybe someone buys his numbers legitimately and takes him in a trade, and hold onto any hope Espinosa gets red hot for two weeks and a contender loses a MIF to injury. 

24 minutes ago, Glen said:

There's no doubt he's an upgrade over anyone we've had there since Glaus.  But as I said, he's coming off of a career year, and that's gonna drive his price way up.

The flip side to that is that Beltre was coming off of a great year and I remember I didn't want the Angels to sign him at the time because I was sure he was gonna regress.  So yeah, what do I know.

I know. It's a guessing game.

What does Beltre have, like a thousand hits since then? LOL.

19 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

I'm not totally sold on Mous yet. Acquisitions whose primary asset is LH power tend to underwhelm when they come here but coming from another tough place to hit he may be less shell-shocked than others have been

Same here. I would like him no doubt, but I'll be a little nervous if he is our 'big splash' of the offseason. There would need to be another solid acquisition or two for the club to pin some hopes too.

I think there are those who feel hes already had it, though im not sure i think thats fair.  I grant its a VERY small sample in the bigs with what maybe a total of 70 games or just under half a season, but in that time he has not show n he can come close to hitting ML pitching.
We all know the whole 4A joke... and god knows weve seen enough of those guy in the last decade or more so... idk. I agree he cant do much worse than many weve had and likely upgrades on D.