• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who does Cowart have to blow to get a shot?

Glen

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Why Tuesday?

But yeah, he should have been up here yesterday. I'm still not sure why we signed Franklin and why Pennington/Robinson are on this roster. 

56 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I think he can now be called up without starting his clock. There's literally no reason to keep him in AAA.

They could just be waiting to make room. There are certainly at least one or two trades coming so it could be that as well.

If we're sellers ... then there is no reason to bring him up before the trade deadline. 

If there is ... I would like to hear it. 

IMO Pennington wil be traded at the deadline and possibly Yescobar but don't hold your breath on Yescobar. Although, he would be a good fit for Boston. 

Cowart wRC+ at AAA last year was 109.  That's park adjusted btw so he was 9% better than league avg.  This year, his wRC+ is 122.  So now he's 22% above league average.  

It's still hard to buy in on Cowart's success considering that he couldn't master AA but has had success at AAA.  Since that success has come at altitude, my biggest concern is that he's going to have problems with a major league breaking ball (or anything with movement for that matter) at regular altitude.  

But you have to find out.  You can't assume success or failure based on his minor league track record.  Time for him to put up or shut up.  

If he can come up and hit .230 with an obp of .320 and play good defense, I think that is decent progress and should warrant future consideration.  

29 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

But you have to find out.  You can't assume success or failure based on his minor league track record.  Time for him to put up or shut up.  

If he can come up and hit .230 with an obp of .320 and play good defense, I think that is decent progress and should warrant future consideration.  

I agree

On 7/16/2017 at 11:22 AM, ettin said:

LOL Glen, I had calculated the amount of days that Cowart needed to be out to gain an extra year of control over Cowart and @Jeff Fletcher rightfully kidded me about it because we are of course talking about Kaleb. In that calculation, at that time, Kaleb had I believe 98 days of service time left (he had 99 now) and I calculated backwards from the end of the season and determined that if the Angels called him up on July 22nd they would gain the extra year of control. Now that he came up one extra day about 3 weeks ago that would move to July 23rd.

It was a light-hearted jab at myself, Glen.

Only 3 hours and 10 minutes left for Cowart to be called up.  I'm still watching for the press release.  I can't wait!