• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Official Website: Inbox: Don't give up on Skaggs, Richards

2 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

I have hope for Skaggs ... Richards not so much

Why ? With Richards at least they're of the super unlucky nature often. 

Skaggs has had repeated issues with his arm. 

I think both of them seem pretty equally unlikely to ever become anything at this point.   Though if I had to take a bet I'd bet on Richards.  At least the guy has managed to get through a season a couple of times.  

1 hour ago, notherhalo said:

Wondering if surgeons out there make bets or have a surgery fantasy league for guys like this. 

Mark Prior was probably first pick for a while. 

Thats funny. In both fantasy and real baseball.

We used to have dr yoccum working for us. He fixed everyone else's arms. He left, and we have to go to others now.

20 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

True, but Tyler and Garrett have a lot more in the tank. 

I don't give up on them, just feel like we have to build a team less dependent on them.  For me that means making moves that will help the team in a couple of years as opposed to helping the team this year.

I have been on the GR bandwagon since 2010.  His stuff is as good as any major league pitcher I've ever seen.  The look on major league hitters faces after he would throw a fastball at 98mph that would move like a changeup down and in to a RHer or the filthy movement on his slider and curve.  

then that 2014 he had the salmon swimming upstream.  

My favorite pitcher on this team for a long time.  If he's healthy, we're contenders right now.  Sounds like hyperbole, but I believe it.  Whatever nun he punched or dog he kicked to deserve the injury karma he's had should be made up for by now.  

My pie in the sky hope is that he comes back this year, has a great 2018, and we extend him for a couple of years at a reasonable rate while he puts the injuries behind him.  

All that said, my expectations are at 1 out of 5 right now.  

Skaggs is the guy that just can't get on track.  We haven't actually seen him live up to his potential yet so I am not sure he ever will.  

expectations are at 2 out of 5.  

On 7/13/2017 at 11:18 PM, TroutField said:

I mean at this point it's hard not to. Richards should have just had the surgery, now he has wasted over a year. And Skaggs is a China doll,  no faith in him being healthy. 

Why?

This injury is not the same thing that sidelined him last year, from the article:

Richards, who has been sidelined with an irritated nerve in his right biceps, is also improving, though it's unclear if he'll be ready in time to pitch again this season