• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LOL Angeles

1 hour ago, Jason said:

As terrible as he is for that office, he is exactly what the residents of LA wanted.  I doubt there is very much buyers remorse amongst LA voters. It doesn't make sense to most of us but it is what it is. 

from what i've been seeing in social media (fwiw), there have been an awful lot of people that have been downright pissed at seeing what his policies look like in action. there have been several DAs in the state that are refusing to work with him, and there was a story that broke late yesterday or early today where a judge has thrown out several of his policies.

he's going to be recalled. people are upset, and his favoring of the perps over the victims isn't working.

2 hours ago, Tank said:

from what i've been seeing in social media (fwiw), there have been an awful lot of people that have been downright pissed at seeing what his policies look like in action. there have been several DAs in the state that are refusing to work with him, and there was a story that broke late yesterday or early today where a judge has thrown out several of his policies.

he's going to be recalled. people are upset, and his favoring of the perps over the victims isn't working.

DAs in other counties are actually smart and know their job so that’s why they have issue with him. My point was that the voters of LA want this kind of DA

4 hours ago, Jason said:

As terrible as he is for that office, he is exactly what the residents of LA wanted.  I doubt there is very much buyers remorse amongst LA voters. It doesn't make sense to most of us but it is what it is. 

53.7% vs 46.3%.  Close enough for a lot of buyers remorse.  His policies were an obvious train wreck.  But 53.7% of voters in LA are reta...stupid.

3 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

53.7% vs 46.3%.  Close enough for a lot of buyers remorse.  His policies were an obvious train wreck.  But 53.7% of voters in LA are reta...stupid.

I'm not an LA resident so I wasn't exposed to his campaign. Were these changes he's implemented part of his platform? Also nobody is talking about how LA residents are misogynistic and racist for not voting for the black female DA. 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'm not an LA resident so I wasn't exposed to his campaign. Were these changes he's implemented part of his platform? Also nobody is talking about how LA residents are misogynistic and racist for not voting for the black female DA. 

His campaign was pretty much not being Jackie Lacey, who was pro cop and tough on crime.

18 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

And talking about stupid ideas.  Let's make traffic worse.

Metro is considering congestion pricing on these L.A. freeways

There is a big problem with adding tolls... they'll have to be really expensive to change behavior. There is already a huge cost that comes with using the freeway. A trip at peak hours will take twice as long as a trip at off hours, people already take that into account.

Meanwhile I noticed that the lanes they are adding to the 5 all look like they are going to be carpool.. what a waste, how many people actually go out of their way to carpool just to use that lane? At least they're talking about making bus and rail systems free. 

13 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

There is a big problem with adding tolls... they'll have to be really expensive to change behavior. There is already a huge cost that comes with using the freeway. A trip at peak hours will take twice as long as a trip at off hours, people already take that into account.

Meanwhile I noticed that the lanes they are adding to the 5 all look like they are going to be carpool.. what a waste, how many people actually go out of their way to carpool just to use that lane? At least they're talking about making bus and rail systems free. 

These are the people you see in the carpool lane.  Those rich enough to pay the toll.  Moms.  Families going on vacation.  Work Trucks.  

None of which are carpools.

13 minutes ago, Jay said:

Carpool lanes, give me a break. Who carpools, maybe 1% of commuters?

So glad I'm out of there.

I give zero fucks about the carpool lane. I travel in it solo all the time. I’ve never been ticketed for it but even if I did I would still use it by myself. The amount of time it’s saved me has made it worth 20 tickets. 

19 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

What else are they supposed to do? Provide better infrastructure?! 😂

Well, according to the billboards I've been seeing lately.  They are ramping up for "we need money for infrastructure" that I'm sure will be in the next ballot.  Not that that gas tax that should have been repealed was supposed to fund all those infrastructure improvements.  But instead is going to things like the crazy train.

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

Well, according to the billboards I've been seeing lately.  They are ramping up for "we need money for infrastructure" that I'm sure will be in the next ballot.  Not that that gas tax that should have been repealed was supposed to fund all those infrastructure improvements.  But instead is going to things like the crazy train.

Damn, who could've seen that one coming?

Deputy DA files lawsuit against LA DA George Gascón

He was the prosecutor in the case of Isauro Aguirre and Pearl Hernandez, in the torture and death of her 8-year-old son, Gabriel Hernandez. Aguirre was sentenced to death, and the mother was sentenced to life in prison.

According to Hatami’s claim, Gascón criticized him publicly, saying the Hatami had sought the death penalty because his ego had been hurt by Aguirre. The claim also includes part of an interview done by FOX 11 news in December, where a spokesperson for Gascón, Max Zsabo said that Hatami’s delusional theories raised questions about one's fitness to practice law.

Yeah, I don't think Ego had anything to do with the Gabriel Hernandez case.  Those two need to fry for what they did.