• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LOL Angeles

Phew.  Makes me feel better about getting rid of the gang unit.

445 People Shot In LA So Far In 2021 As Violent Crime Spikes

So far 257 more people have been shot than in the same time last year, Moore said. Violent crime - namely homicides and aggravated assaults have risen 4.7 percent with 380 additional violent crimes. The city has had 108 homicides this year as of last Saturday, Moore said. Authorities are working to understand the spike as well as what can be done to combat it.

Much of the increase is gang-related. Homicides classified by the department as "gang-related" increased by 44% and represent just under half of shooting victims this year, according to Moore, and the city has experienced a 41% increase in victims shot in gang-related shootings.

9 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Phew.  Makes me feel better about getting rid of the gang unit.

445 People Shot In LA So Far In 2021 As Violent Crime Spikes

The problem is our lax gun laws here in California. I really thought common sense gun laws like limiting people to only purchasing one gun a month was going to help with this and keep us safe. Maybe they need to lower it to 1/2 a gun a month?

Just now, Redondo said:

But black lives only matter when they are not gang members?

I mean, people who kill each other and others don't really "matter". 

A guy who shoots up a school. Does his life "matter"? No, fuck him.

And before anyone tries to GOTCHA me, not all black people are in gangs and if you think they are, you know the drill.

40 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Shuttle the gangs from LA to Chicago and let them kill each other at Soldier field. 

Sounds like a solid idea but do those gangs beef with each other? If not they’ll just become homies and become larger gangs 

Just now, Jason said:

No but we know they join gangs because they need the support because of the epidemic of systemic racism and white supremacy 

White supremacy? No. 

Epidemic? No. 

But you're on the right track. 

Do you think they're born criminals?

10 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

White supremacy? No. 

Epidemic? No. 

But you're on the right track. 

Do you think they're born criminals?

I work with incarcerated youth, most of which are in gangs and no, they aren't born criminals but they are raised in a criminal environment and have little chance of not becoming a criminal. It's quite sad actually and I do have some sympathy for a lot of these kids. Even the ones that are total assholes. It's that nature v nurture thing. If you are never taught that stealing is wrong and it's normal to see mom doing it on a regular basis then what do you think the kid is going to do? IMO opinion the biggest contributor to criminal activity and involvement in gangs is most of these kids do not have a positive father or father figure in their life.

The breakdown of the nuclear family in the black community is a far bigger issue than racism for the problems they have, in my opinion. The kids I work with have garbage families and the ones that have a good support system in their family have a much better chance of getting their life together