• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LOL Angeles

Today I had to drop off some records over at USC medical before driving into Burbank. Google maps rerouted me through Echo park, right up Glendale Blvd off the 101 fwy. This used to be a nice little park with a small lake that has paddle boat rentals. If you look on google maps you think it might be a place to visit on the weekend.

It's now a homeless tent city of vagrants and trash. No place you want to drive by let alone bring your kids. The residents must be furious that the city allowed this to happen. It's appalling. Next time I will spend the extra 5 minutes on the freeway instead. 

13 hours ago, Blarg said:

Today I had to drop off some records over at USC medical before driving into Burbank. Google maps rerouted me through Echo park, right up Glendale Blvd off the 101 fwy. This used to be a nice little park with a small lake that has paddle boat rentals. If you look on google maps you think it might be a place to visit on the weekend.

It's now a homeless tent city of vagrants and trash. No place you want to drive by let alone bring your kids. The residents must be furious that the city allowed this to happen. It's appalling. Next time I will spend the extra 5 minutes on the freeway instead. 

Every so often I get routed that way, it's disgusting... and what's more impressive is that the rents are still going up over there.

13 hours ago, Blarg said:

I know which one you are talking about.  Think it's Echo Park.  Welcome to the new norm.  

The area by McArthur Park is worse.  Not the mention the toilets we call underpasses.  

But hey, LA has the right idea.  If you build it for the homeless, they will come.  And keep coming.  Because nothing is more awesome than free shit and good weather.  Heck, if I were a mayor or governor in another state, I'd be buying one way tickets for the homeless to Lol Angeles.  

149108644_3649555048431385_4160169946055

Village of tiny homes combats homelessness in Los Angeles area

There’s a new "village" in Los Angeles -- and it’s filled with tiny homes.

Earlier this month, nonprofit Hope of the Valley Rescue Mission opened its first "Tiny Home Village," to help combat homelessness

The first village -- which was built on Chandler Boulevard in partnership with the City of Los Angeles -- has 40 tiny homes and 75 beds that Hope of the Valley will be offering to people who are trying to find permanent housing.

Each of the tiny homes is 64 square feet and has two beds, heating, air conditioning, windows, a small desk and a front door that locks, according to the website and a video tour of the village led by Hope of the Valley founder and CEO Ken Craft.

Residents will also have access to a hygiene trailer, with five showers, five toilets and five sinks, and a laundry facility, which has five washers and dryers. Residents will also be given three meals a day and some of the tiny homes are even wheelchair accessible.

The village is also pet-friendly and has a dedicated dog run, according to Craft’s video tour.

Support services such as case management, housing navigation, mental health help, job training and placement will be provided to residents onsite, the website says.

1 hour ago, Redondo said:

I wonder how they choose the people who get to stay in those little houses.

And then if the tenants turn out to be bad people do they just kick them out on the street?

The people who are kicked out sue the city and become millionaires?

In any case if they can make it work it could be worthwhile. According to the website:

$3000 PROVIDES A HOME!

What if I told you that you could buy a home in Southern California for $3,000.  Like you I would be all over that!  Well, you cannot actually buy one of the Tiny Homes, but you can secure and sponsor your own Tiny Home for $3,000.  With your sponsorship will come the satisfaction of knowing TWO people are now housed, no longer living on the streets and receiving the best possible care as they rebuild their lives and position themselves toward permanent housing!  PLUS, your name or the name of the person you are honoring will be proudly displayed on the Tiny Home you are sponsoring! 

Please join me and sponsor one or more of these amazing housing units!  The cost of each housing unit is $3,000. Monthly payment options are available.

Make Homeless History!

12 hours ago, Redondo said:
149108644_3649555048431385_4160169946055

There’s a new "village" in Los Angeles -- and it’s filled with tiny homes.

Earlier this month, nonprofit Hope of the Valley Rescue Mission opened its first "Tiny Home Village," to help combat homelessness

The first village -- which was built on Chandler Boulevard in partnership with the City of Los Angeles -- has 40 tiny homes and 75 beds that Hope of the Valley will be offering to people who are trying to find permanent housing.

Each of the tiny homes is 64 square feet and has two beds, heating, air conditioning, windows, a small desk and a front door that locks, according to the website and a video tour of the village led by Hope of the Valley founder and CEO Ken Craft.

Residents will also have access to a hygiene trailer, with five showers, five toilets and five sinks, and a laundry facility, which has five washers and dryers. Residents will also be given three meals a day and some of the tiny homes are even wheelchair accessible.

The village is also pet-friendly and has a dedicated dog run, according to Craft’s video tour.

Support services such as case management, housing navigation, mental health help, job training and placement will be provided to residents onsite, the website says.

Is there a dedicated area for shooting of meth?

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Is there a dedicated area for shooting of meth?

No.  But the selling of Meth is only in the blue zones.  Cocaine is only sold in the white zones.  Opiates are in the yellow zone.  Weed can be sold anywhere though.  The good thing is, they have a lot of lightposts for the prostitutes to hang around under.

5 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

No.  But the selling of Meth is only in the blue zones.  Cocaine is only sold in the white zones.  Opiates are in the yellow zone.  Weed can be sold anywhere though.  The good thing is, they have a lot of lightposts for the prostitutes to hang around under.

If anyone needs me I'll be in the white zone. 

LA DA drops death penalty for man charged with killing police officer

Los Angeles District Attorney (DA) George Gascón said Friday he will not seek the death penalty for an admitted gang member who killedpolice officer and his own cousin.

Michael Christopher Mejia, 30, is awaiting trial on charges stemming from Feb. 20, 2017.

One of Mejia’s victims was officer Keith Boyer, 53, who was responding to a report of a traffic collision in which Mejia had been involved.

Mejia shot Boyer and another officer, Patrick Hazell, while trying to flee the scene of the crash. Hazell survived a shot to the abdomen.

Deputy District Attorney Garrett Dameron said during a hearing at Norwalk Courthouse that he had been ordered to remove the death penalty consideration, despite his own objection and that of Deputy DA Geoff Lewis, FOX LA reported.

Don Clark, Boyer’s stepfather, said that the reversal was "a punch in the gut."

"People don’t realize how hard it is on the families," a tearful Clark told "Fox & Friends" host Jedediah Bila on Saturday.

"What Gascón’s doing -- not only to our family, but to the cousin’s family -- but to so many other families … that’s absolutely horrendous," Clark added.

Clark found it difficult to hear Mejia say that he’s "proud" of what he did and that he should have "smoked" the other cop sooner.

During a taped interview with police, Mejia initially claimed to not remembering the killings because he was "high on drugs," but later admitted to all the killings and shootings, saying "all three of them had it coming," according to reports.

"They just got a taste of an L.A. gang member, real L.A. gang member," Mejia said. "You know what I mean?"

"And, nope, I don't feel sorry. Because I know they would've dropped me, they wouldn't feel sorry for my family," he reportedly added. 

Edited by Redondo