• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LOL Angeles

17 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I might use "white privilege" here but I honestly think that shit is dumb.

There’s an element of white privilege, sure. I have a good friend who couldn’t find a job for the longest time (engineering) because he was labeled as a generic white dude.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

I work with incarcerated youth, most of which are in gangs and no, they aren't born criminals but they are raised in a criminal environment and have little chance of not becoming a criminal. It's quite sad actually and I do have some sympathy for a lot of these kids. Even the ones that are total assholes. It's that nature v nurture thing. If you are never taught that stealing is wrong and it's normal to see mom doing it on a regular basis then what do you think the kid is going to do? IMO opinion the biggest contributor to criminal activity and involvement in gangs is most of these kids do not have a positive father or father figure in their life.

I agree with pretty much all of this.

However, I will bring up an interesting statistic I found recently.

https://www.givelegacy.com/resources/the-truth-about-black-fatherhood/

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhsr/nhsr071.pdf

It's a long read and you may not bother with it, but basically:

We can not equate the number of unmarried dads to the number of “fatherless” children. First of all, marriage rates don’t necessarily reflect the number of Black fathers living with their children; as writer Josh Levs points out, the majority of Black dads (2.5 million of around 4.2 million) do live with their kids, even if they’re not married to their partner.

And second of all, according to a 2013 report by the CDC, Black dads—whether they live with their children, or not—are more actively involved in their children’s lives than their counterparts of other races.

For example, the CDC reports that Black fathers who live with their children are more likely than fathers of other races to provide physical care (bathe, diaper, feed) for their young children, read to their children, and help their children with their homework—all on a daily basis—than fathers of other races who also cohabitate with their kids.

The report also reveals that, among dads who don’t live with their children, Black dads are more likely to be involved in care, including reading to their children, helping them with homework, talking to them about their days, and taking them to activities, than Hispanic or white dads who live apart from their kids. Non-residential Black fathers are also the least likely to report that they’re not at all involved in the care of their children, including bathing, dressing, changing diapers, and playing with their children.

Now that isn't to say that these kids have no chance but they do need someone in their life to guide them and teach them how to properly function in society and avoid being incarcerated. Myself and other I work with honestly try and do what we can but we wear a badge and that is often a barrier.  Each kid also has to have some motivation to not lead a life that leads to gangs and crime. Communities of color need to be actively changing their cultures that perpetuate this stuff as opposed to blaming everything on racism. That will not get them to where they want and need to be. 

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

I agree with pretty much all of this.

However, I will bring up an interesting statistic I found recently.

https://www.givelegacy.com/resources/the-truth-about-black-fatherhood/

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhsr/nhsr071.pdf

It's a long read and you may not bother with it, but basically:

So yeah, most black kids are not ghetto and lead criminal lifestyles. Most of criminal activity I'm talking about is in the inner cities and I'm not sure where this data is coming from or if it's just national numbers. Look at the active shooters, most of them are white dudes and guess what most of them do not have in their lives? I only bring this up about black communities because we were talking about gangs. 

The truth about Black fatherhood | Legacy (givelegacy.com)

The numbers they are talking about here could be BS but I can tell you that most incarcerated youth, regardless of race, do not have a father in their life or any positive male role model. Usually the family dynamics are a dumpster fire. I'm confident this is not a coincidence.  

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

So yeah, most black kids are not ghetto and lead criminal lifestyles. Most of criminal activity I'm talking about is in the inner cities and I'm not sure where this data is coming from or if it's just national numbers. Look at the active shooters, most of them are white dudes and guess what most of them do not have in their lives? I only bring this up about black communities because we were talking about gangs. 

I don't disagree. I was just posting something that provided a different perspective.

If you're brought up in severe poverty, you're already out of many options to survive.

I think we'll ultimately disagree on why there's so much poverty in black neighborhoods, but it's obviously the biggest factor. 

Just now, tdawg87 said:

I don't disagree. I was just posting something that provided a different perspective.

If you're brought up in severe poverty, you're already out of many options to survive.

I think we'll ultimately disagree on why there's so much poverty in black neighborhoods, but it's obviously the biggest factor. 

You are correct and it's going to be an uphill battle for anyone that's raised in that environment but they can do it if they want to 

Barstow High School senior Jamaal Willis accepted to 6 Ivy League universities, including Harvard - ABC7 Los Angeles

On 4/29/2021 at 3:04 PM, Jason said:

The breakdown of the nuclear family in the black community is a far bigger issue than racism for the problems they have, in my opinion. The kids I work with have garbage families and the ones that have a good support system in their family have a much better chance of getting their life together 

Black ppl don’t need you to whitesplain their socioeconomic situation.

Was outbid on a shitty condo by some rich asshole with 400k in their bank account using it as an investment property.

What kind of shithead keeps 400k sitting in their bank account. Must be worth millions.

7 hours ago, NrM said:

Was outbid on a shitty condo by some rich asshole with 400k in their bank account using it as an investment property.

What kind of shithead keeps 400k sitting in their bank account. Must be worth millions.

Probably a rich asshole 

Right now cash in hand is the only way to insure you will lock down a sale. Properties all over are selling fast and you either need cash in hand or a pre-signed loan approval. Putting in a bid then scounging for a loan isn't going to get you anywhere, too many buyers ready to sign docs today.

7 hours ago, Blarg said:

Right now cash in hand is the only way to insure you will lock down a sale. Properties all over are selling fast and you either need cash in hand or a pre-signed loan approval. Putting in a bid then scounging for a loan isn't going to get you anywhere, too many buyers ready to sign docs today.

I hope Biden shoves his dick so hard up these fuckers asses for buying up every fucking house on the market.

I'm literally shaking right now

reee pepe.jpg