• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LOL Angeles

17 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I grew up with Chris Baker. His family lived across the street from us and he was one my oldest brother's best friends. I'll never forget the day my mom woke us up and told us he had been killed the night before. I was 11 and never really experienced someone close to me, that I hung out with all the time die. 

10% of people living in Los Angeles County plan to move away in the next year, USC study finds

And they start off with a LOL.  

Los Angeles residents are less satisfied with their quality of life compared to people throughout California and the U.S., but perceive less crime, vandalism, and drug and alcohol use in their neighborhoods than two years ago, according to the second annual USC Dornsife-Union Bank LABarometer livability survey, released Wednesday.

4 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Losing 1 million people from the Los Angeles basin would go a long ways in the improvement of life. For those who leave. Those that stay are saddled with the same amount of poor, homeless and criminals because those won't leave. 

Those will squat in the empty houses and eventually burn them down.  

21 hours ago, St1ck said:

Damn what's someone got to do to garner a response from you. I post the Cobra Kai season 4 teaser trailer. Nothing. I tell you I grew up with the victim in the article you posted. Nothing. 

Next time add a funny gif. That usually works for me.

cat school GIF

On 6/3/2021 at 7:00 AM, Blarg said:

Losing 1 million people from the Los Angeles basin would go a long ways in the improvement of life. For those who leave. Those that stay are saddled with the same amount of poor, homeless and criminals because those won't leave. 

Maybe some of our traffic congestion will start to taper off.

LA sheriff sends deputies to assess Venice homeless crisis

So where is the problem?  Just read the quotes.

Sherrif:

“I’m not going to blame LAPD whatsoever,” he said. “I think they can definitely do the job. They’re more than capable, have good leadership. However, if they’re hamstrung by politicians that don’t want them to do their job, well then they’re left in a very, very bad situation.”

LAPD:

“The Los Angeles Police Department is committed to working with all of our public safety partner agencies and elected officials to improve the safety of our communities," the LAPD said in a statement Tuesday. ”Including efforts to increase outreach and provide needed housing and supportive services in the Venice Beach community and elsewhere.”

City Councilman Bonin:

“He didn’t call to offer services or housing, which would help," Bonin said in a tweet Tuesday. “He went on a PR blitz, promising his own notorious brand of justice. To anyone familiar with Villanueva and LASD, that’s incredibly ominous."

Mayor dipshit.

But he added: “The courts have been clear about how we’re allowed to enforce camping laws in public spaces, and the mayor is more interested in pressing ahead with the difficult work of ending homelessness than in political theater.”

So can't enforce camping laws on the beach.  But can enforce them in Echo Park.  

The City of Los Angeles is so fucking retarded that the county sheriff has to come in to clean house. Rumor is he wants that shithole cleaned up by the 4th of July. I bet it happens. The citizens of Venice should be kissing Villanueva's ass.

16 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

The City of Los Angeles is so fucking retarded that the county sheriff has to come in to clean house. Rumor is he wants that shithole cleaned up by the 4th of July. I bet it happens. The citizens of Venice should be kissing Villanueva's ass.

I bet some of the residents will help the So with kicking their ass out 

39 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Well, if they Vexit, they will more than likely contract to the Sheriffs.  So I don't think it should be residents of Venice kissing his ass.  But more of them taking note as to what they really gain for being under the LA banner.

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

Well, if they Vexit, they will more than likely contract to the Sheriffs.  So I don't think it should be residents of Venice kissing his ass.  But more of them taking note as to what they really gain for being under the LA banner.

Is Vexit even possible? I thought the city has to agree to let them go?

I remember when the valley tried to separate from LA the voters from the rest of the city shot it down.

25 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Is Vexit even possible? I thought the city has to agree to let them go?

I remember when the valley tried to separate from LA the voters from the rest of the city shot it down.

looking it up, it's near impossible but doable.  What eventually has to happen is 50% of the residents of venice has to vote yes to succeeding.  And the hard part of 50% of the rest of the city of LA residents have to agree to let it go.  This part is the one that is tough to do.  

On 6/9/2021 at 12:50 PM, gotbeer said:

looking it up, it's near impossible but doable.  What eventually has to happen is 50% of the residents of venice has to vote yes to succeeding.  And the hard part of 50% of the rest of the city of LA residents have to agree to let it go.  This part is the one that is tough to do.  

Well said.