• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LOL Angeles

4 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

And people wonder why there is a housing shortage in Lol Angeles.

Mixed-use projects in K-Town and Westlake face appeals

our gov't leaders,  both state and local, don't seem to understand the concept of overcrowding. in glendale, if you're a developer with a housing idea, you have carte blance. then after massive over-building which results in over-crowding and great difficulty in parking, our city has come out and told us we all need to reduce our water usage by 15%. 

while i have no issues with being a responsible citizen, i have huge issues with cities that keep over-doing do it, then require everyone to cut back on how much energy or water (or both) that they're using. in glendale, the city council sees more tax dollars added to the public purse, which is always in need of more money. they don't understand how much their idiotic housing policies diminish the quality of life for everyone. i can't wait to get out of here when i retire, assuming i'll be able to drive the moving van more than 7 mph during the middle of the day to travel 4 miles to get out of dodge.

3 minutes ago, Tank said:

our gov't leaders,  both state and local, don't seem to understand the concept of overcrowding. in glendale, if you're a developer with a housing idea, you have carte blance. then after massive over-building which results in over-crowding and great difficulty in parking, our city has come out and told us we all need to reduce our water usage by 15%. 

while i have no issues with being a responsible citizen, i have huge issues with cities that keep over-doing do it, then require everyone to cut back on how much energy or water (or both) that they're using. in glendale, the city council sees more tax dollars added to the public purse, which is always in need of more money. they don't understand how much their idiotic housing policies diminish the quality of life for everyone. i can't wait to get out of here when i retire, assuming i'll be able to drive the moving van more than 7 mph during the middle of the day to travel 4 miles to get out of dodge.

Lol.  Like you will be able to find parking for that moving van.  

I think that's the problem with local government.  They spend and spend and spend.  And they need more and more money.  They can't expand their borders, so the only way to get more money to spend is to build up.  All in the while, you have 200,000 people become 300,000 in the same footprint and infrastructure.  Money that should be spend improving that infrastructure, police, fire is instead diverted to social programs.

6 hours ago, Tank said:

Ewww, you're inside @Adam

6 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Lol.  Like you will be able to find parking for that moving van.  

I think that's the problem with local government.  They spend and spend and spend.  And they need more and more money.  They can't expand their borders, so the only way to get more money to spend is to build up.  All in the while, you have 200,000 people become 300,000 in the same footprint and infrastructure.  Money that should be spend improving that infrastructure, police, fire is instead diverted to social programs.

Yep.  And then take into consideration the impact on the power grid and everything mandated to be powered electrically.

On 9/14/2021 at 9:11 AM, Tank said:

Why not move to say, La Canada, or La Crescenta or east towards South Pasedena? 

The traffic here doesn't really bother me, though I tend to just walk everywhere.

Teacher puts up profane, anti-American posters in class at taxpayer’s expense

Teacher puts up profane, anti-American posters in class at taxpayer’s expense

A Los Angeles parent is sounding the alarm over posters displayed inside a high school classroom that say, "F*** Amerikkka," and claim that law enforcement's primary purpose is to "militarily enforce White supremacist capitalism."

A parent at Alexander Hamilton High School slamming the "disgusting brainwashing of students with taxpayer dollars" shared photos with Parents Defending Education, a national nonprofit, that were taken inside his child's classroom. 

The first photo shows a Palestinian flag, a transgender flag, a Black Lives Matter flag and a Pride flag prominently displayed on the blackboard. Another photo shows two posters that read, "F*** Amerikkka. This is Native land" and F*** the Police."

"Policing is a violent, anti-Black, settler institution that originated as slave patrols," the latter poster reads. "Their primary mandate is to protect property and to militarily enforce White supremacist capitalism. They are doing their jobs as they are trained and paid to do. You can’t fix what isn’t broken. That’s why we fight for police and prison abolition. F*** the Police."

10 hours ago, Tank said:

They only allow new residents from west Philadelphia. 

unfortunately, I’m from east Philly.

East Philadelphia, born and raised
At the salad bar is where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out, maxin', relaxin' all cool
Singing in the choir outside of school