• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LOL Angeles

• 2 weeks later...
Los Angeles residents oppose plan to move homeless to beaches, parks

Los Angeles residents oppose plan to move homeless to beaches, parks

Thousands of people are resisting efforts by local officials to house the homeless in temporary cabins and tents near Los Angeles beaches and parks amid an outcry over soaring crime rates related to some encampments. 

Councilman Mike Bonin, who has come under fire from residents in the city's Venice neighborhood and other communities over the expansion of tent cities, submitted a motion in March to identify potential sites and funding for moving the homeless to "safe camping" areas or into "tiny homes" in parks, property at the Los Angeles International Airport and Los Angeles County-owned parking lots.

On Thursday, the City Council Homelessness & Poverty Committee approved a motion to conduct a feasibility study for the projects. Proposed locations to temporarily house the homeless include parking lots at Dockweiler Beach, Will Rogers State Beach and Fisherman's Village in Marina del Rey.

During the committee meeting, many residents said housing the homeless in beach parking lots would deprive beachgoers of beach access because of overcrowding and environmental, sanitation and safety hazards. Some also said the plan would reduce the property values of nearby homes. 

In an email sent to constituents on Wednesday, Bonin defended the proposal after nearly 20,000 people signed a petition opposing it.

45 minutes ago, Tank said:

Homeless encampments by the beach right before  summer starts and families with children start flocking there? Oh yeah, what could possibly go wrong with this idea?

Mommy, why is that person foaming like the ocean?

And why is he talking to himself?

And what are they smoking, it smells good.  Can I have some?

56 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Mommy, why is that person foaming like the ocean?

And why is he talking to himself?

And what are they smoking, it smells good.  Can I have some?

I went for a walk this morning and there is this slightly disheveled old white lady chilling on the side walk shouting, "Torture and execute them all! Torture and execute them all!"

I wonder who 'them' is?

9 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I went for a walk this morning and there is this slightly disheveled old white lady chilling on the side walk shouting, "Torture and execute them all! Torture and execute them all!"

I wonder who 'them' is?

The people who keep criticizing Alex Curry, that’s who.

On 5/15/2021 at 11:38 AM, AngelsLakersFan said:

I wonder who 'them' is?

Probably you.