Jump to content
  • Welcome to AngelsWin.com

    Join The Internet Home for Angels fans today! We're Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

  • AngelsWin.com's Charity of the Month

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The woman then quiets down as the minute-long clip ends.

Just drive around LA and it's pretty clear that 75% of the tax revenue goes straight into government officials pockets, while the other 25% goes into collecting / increasing that revenue.

If I'm Garcetti I just say, "why are you asking me about this instead of what a shitty job I'm doing running the city?"

Posted Images

On 5/1/2021 at 12:34 PM, NrM said:

I hope Biden shoves his dick so hard up these fuckers asses for buying up every fucking house on the market.

 

I'm literally shaking right now

 

reee pepe.jpg

We bought our place in 2012 then listed it contingent on us finding a new place in 2018.  In 2012 obviously prices were lower but anything that hit the market had 10+ legitimate offers in a few days.  We lucked out getting our place as we were the first ones to see it and put in a full price offer that day which the seller accepted right away.  In 2018 our offer was a contingent offer which means anyone who wasn't in the same situation had an advantage over us because cash is king and cash in hand > contingent offer.  Same thing applies if someone has all the cash on hand or a bigger down payment when going up against someone with less down or possibly FHA/VA.  Biden and any politician for that matter doesn't give a shit about you or any other person that gets outbid because when the market is up you've got a lot of home owners who are wealthier on paper some of which tap into their equity and that money fuels other purchases.  The only thing the fed and local governments will ultimately do is add more low density housing which negatively impact prices where that housing goes in.  Like the NBA bending over for China politicians will do the same when it comes to foreigners buying US properties at the expense of citizens.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

We bought our place in 2012 then listed it contingent on us finding a new place in 2018.  In 2012 obviously prices were lower but anything that hit the market had 10+ legitimate offers in a few days.  We lucked out getting our place as we were the first ones to see it and put in a full price offer that day which the seller accepted right away.  In 2018 our offer was a contingent offer which means anyone who wasn't in the same situation had an advantage over us because cash is king and cash in hand > contingent offer.  Same thing applies if someone has all the cash on hand or a bigger down payment when going up against someone with less down or possibly FHA/VA.  Biden and any politician for that matter doesn't give a shit about you or any other person that gets outbid because when the market is up you've got a lot of home owners who are wealthier on paper some of which tap into their equity and that money fuels other purchases.  The only thing the fed and local governments will ultimately do is add more low density housing which negatively impact prices where that housing goes in.  Like the NBA bending over for China politicians will do the same when it comes to foreigners buying US properties at the expense of citizens.

I sold my last house to what turned out to be a Chinese investor. The offer was way over asking price. All cash, no contingencies, no appraisal, no inspection, etc...

It's now available for rent. I don't think anyone has even stepped foot in it since I left.

Link to post
Share on other sites

When we bought here 3.5 years ago it was a buyer's market. Since then values are up 50-80% and the market is insane now. Homes are on the market for only a few days and it's nothing but cash offers. Lots of people cashing out of their homes in California and moving here.

Image.png.e6fd1b001d5cb572a9758d6d0ba7d375.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jay said:

When we bought here 3.5 years ago it was a buyer's market. Since then values are up 50-80% and the market is insane now. Homes are on the market for only a few days and it's nothing but cash offers. Lots of people cashing out of their homes in California and moving here.

Image.png.e6fd1b001d5cb572a9758d6d0ba7d375.png

Yup... one of my neighbors just moved to Idaho...

Link to post
Share on other sites

In 2020 Utah and Idaho had the biggest population gains as far as a the % increase in their state populations due to people relocating.  I'll be curious to see which one gets Californicated the fastest.  With some people being able to work remotely for companies that have a presence all over the country we could continue to see the rate of people moving to Idaho, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Tennessee, etc increase for a while. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We don't need a huge increase in equity, we came here to retire.

There's no Prop 13 here so we're just going to see property taxes go up with values.

That wasn't part of the plan.

So if the market corrects I won't complain.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

In 2020 Utah and Idaho had the biggest population gains as far as a the % increase in their state populations due to people relocating.  I'll be curious to see which one gets Californicated the fastest.  With some people being able to work remotely for companies that have a presence all over the country we could continue to see the rate of people moving to Idaho, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Tennessee, etc increase for a while. 

Most (but not all) of the people moving from California to Utah have some sort of connection with the LDS church or have original ties to the state itself which means they have some sort of roots in conservatism. I just don't see many people from California up and moving to Utah when it has a lot more strict laws with regards to alcohol than other states along with some other things (luckily there are some issues that are changing slowly). The church is pretty well entrenched within the government and most people are looking for more secularism in regards to that. I always have to remind people that freak out about "outsiders" moving into the state is not everyone that is from California is a liberal. Plus those that complain about the growth here always conveniently forget about all the Mormons that have four or more kids. In my opinion, Idaho goes blue before Utah. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Most (but not all) of the people moving from California to Utah have some sort of connection with the LDS church or have original ties to the state itself which means they have some sort of roots in conservatism. I just don't see many people from California up and moving to Utah when it has a lot more strict laws with regards to alcohol than other states along with some other things (luckily there are some issues that are changing slowly). The church is pretty well entrenched within the government and most people are looking for more secularism in regards to that. I always have to remind people that freak out about "outsiders" moving into the state is not everyone that is from California is a liberal. Plus those that complain about the growth here always conveniently forget about all the Mormons that have four or more kids. In my opinion, Idaho goes blue before Utah. 

I know multiple people that have moved to Utah, are in the process of doing so or have it on their short list as they look to leave CA that are in no way associated with the Mormon church.  For the last decade in any given year Utah has seen an annual population increase 3-5X that of the national average while the membership statistics of the LDS have seen a smaller increase.  I'm sure the majority of people moving there are LDS but Utah has become a popular destination for transplants who want more for their money, more outdoor living and many of the other things families look for when they leave more expense densely populated areas.  I'd bet over the last decade the amount of people not associated with the church moving there has picked up.  I'm sure it's a factor for somebody out there but I've never met anyone who was concerned about moving somewhere because they have stricter liquor laws.  In my early 20's I wouldn't have wanted to live somewhere like that because we were out 3-5 nights a week but it's a non factor now as it is for all the people I used to go out with who now have families and other priorities.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Most (but not all) of the people moving from California to Utah have some sort of connection with the LDS church or have original ties to the state itself which means they have some sort of roots in conservatism. I just don't see many people from California up and moving to Utah when it has a lot more strict laws with regards to alcohol than other states along with some other things (luckily there are some issues that are changing slowly). The church is pretty well entrenched within the government and most people are looking for more secularism in regards to that. I always have to remind people that freak out about "outsiders" moving into the state is not everyone that is from California is a liberal. Plus those that complain about the growth here always conveniently forget about all the Mormons that have four or more kids. In my opinion, Idaho goes blue before Utah. 

I couldn't do Utah. Yeah they don't have pointless, unconstitutional gun laws like we have here in Cali or release as many felons from prison as they can but their alcohol laws are really dumb. Say what you want about California but we got made when it comes to booze. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I know multiple people that have moved to Utah, are in the process of doing so or have it on their short list as they look to leave CA that are in no way associated with the Mormon church.  For the last decade in any given year Utah has seen an annual population increase 3-5X that of the national average while the membership statistics of the LDS have seen a smaller increase.  I'm sure the majority of people moving there are LDS but Utah has become a popular destination for transplants who want more for their money, more outdoor living and many of the other things families look for when they leave more expense densely populated areas.  I'd bet over the last decade the amount of people not associated with the church moving there has picked up.  I'm sure it's a factor for somebody out there but I've never met anyone who was concerned about moving somewhere because they have stricter liquor laws.  In my early 20's I wouldn't have wanted to live somewhere like that because we were out 3-5 nights a week but it's a non factor now as it is for all the people I used to go out with who now have families and other priorities.   

Well more and more people are leaving the church but a lot of those have Utah roots and have decided to remain in the state. They just aren't buying the history of the church (dum dum dum). I have no doubt there are some non LDS people moving here but again I think majority have an LDS connection, could be wrong though. I think at one point, there were more LDS members in California than Utah (or a close second). A factor could also be what part are they moving to? Salt Lake and the Wasatch front is pretty isolated when it comes to major cities in other states but if they choose St. George, that's not too far from Vegas.  So I could definitely see that. 

 

If the church loses more of its grip on state government and influence, I think that will encourage more people to move here. But that might mean it becomes more liberal. 

13 minutes ago, Toby Flenderson said:

I couldn't do Utah. Yeah they don't have pointless, unconstitutional gun laws like we have here in Cali or release as many felons from prison as they can but their alcohol laws are really dumb. Say what you want about California but we got made when it comes to booze. 

A couple years ago, they lowed the BAC level down to .05

 

image.jpeg.b984f57e302836e01222c07ce62d392a.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Toby Flenderson said:

I couldn't do Utah. Yeah they don't have pointless, unconstitutional gun laws like we have here in Cali or release as many felons from prison as they can but their alcohol laws are really dumb. Say what you want about California but we got made when it comes to booze. 

Can't buy or drink alcohol until noon on Sundays in NYC. I was blown away by that.

Sunday brunch sucks there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lhalo said:

I sold my last house to what turned out to be a Chinese investor. The offer was way over asking price. All cash, no contingencies, no appraisal, no inspection, etc...

It's now available for rent. I don't think anyone has even stepped foot in it since I left.

There should be a vacancy tax. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

We bought our place in 2012 then listed it contingent on us finding a new place in 2018.  In 2012 obviously prices were lower but anything that hit the market had 10+ legitimate offers in a few days.  We lucked out getting our place as we were the first ones to see it and put in a full price offer that day which the seller accepted right away.  In 2018 our offer was a contingent offer which means anyone who wasn't in the same situation had an advantage over us because cash is king and cash in hand > contingent offer.  Same thing applies if someone has all the cash on hand or a bigger down payment when going up against someone with less down or possibly FHA/VA.  Biden and any politician for that matter doesn't give a shit about you or any other person that gets outbid because when the market is up you've got a lot of home owners who are wealthier on paper some of which tap into their equity and that money fuels other purchases.  The only thing the fed and local governments will ultimately do is add more low density housing which negatively impact prices where that housing goes in.  Like the NBA bending over for China politicians will do the same when it comes to foreigners buying US properties at the expense of citizens.

Yeah I'm trying to use the VA loan. Half the condo's on the market don't even accept VA loans. Then the half of them that do accept think the VA loan is shit because I don't have to put anything down.

It's pretty damn depressing right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...