• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LOL Angeles

2 hours ago, Adam said:

Also decriminalizing prostitution will lead to lower amounts of human trafficking (assuming that’s what’s going on here.)

https://nypost.com/2020/12/08/mlb-ump-brian-onora-busted-in-sex-sting-at-ohio-hotel/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

I think both of these things need to happen and will happen in the next 10 to 15 years.

You do realize that the vast majority of trafficked prostitutes are juveniles right? Almost all hookers have a pimp and do not do it willingly and are considered "trafficked". How is legalizing prostitution going to solve these problems. A lot of sick fucks like underage girls so the problems will continue. A society that legalizes all immoral behaviors isn't going to be better off for it. I think the term "trafficked" is used loosely here. More of these girls are coerced into the life. Legalizing prostitution will not stop actual trafficking of under aged girls  

Edited by Jason

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

You do realize that the vast majority of trafficked prostitutes are juveniles right? Almost all hookers have a pimp and do not do it willingly and are considered "trafficked". How is legalizing prostitution going to solve these problems. A lot of sick fucks like underage girls so the problems will continue. A society that legalizes all immoral behaviors isn't going to be better off for it. I think the term "trafficked" is used loosely here. More of these girls are coerced into the life. Legalizing prostitution will not stop actual trafficking of under aged girls  

Taking away the power of pimps and drug dealers would be good for our society. Human trafficking needs to also be addressed in other ways.

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

Well one it should be legal because consenting adults should be able to do whatever they want. Eliminating the need to allocate resources toward investigating, arresting, charging, adjudicating and imprisoning drug offenders and adult sex workers, would allow for far greater bandwidth and efficacy in the enforcement of crime related to underage sex crimes.

Edited by Adam

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Well one it should be legal because consenting adults should be able to do whatever they want. Eliminating the need to allocate resources toward investigating, arresting, charging, adjudicating and imprisoning drug offenders and adult sex workers, would allow for far greater bandwidth and efficacy in the enforcement of crime related to underage sex crimes.

The problem with legalizing it is the government will get involved, tax it to where it's not profitable and the illicit trade still exists like we still have with marijuana. 

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

The problem with legalizing it is the government will get involved, tax it to where it's not profitable and the illicit trade still exists like we still have with marijuana. 

Are most dispensary owners not turning a profit? 

1 hour ago, Lhalo said:

In the U.S.? I'm going to need a source for that.

13 trafficking statistics that enormity of the global sex trade (usatoday.com)

facts (psu.edu)

Maybe stating "the majority" is not correct but it is a lot of girls. I don't think it's something we should be encouraging women to do. Most of them are already victims of abuse and are mentally fucked up before they get into it. Not sure how this will help with that. 

3 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

They pass those taxes onto the consumer, no?

Yes and the consumer likes to pay less. I'm all for the legalization of marijuana but I don't think it needs burdensome regulation. Legalize it federally, let everyone grow and sell as much of it as they want and then the prices become competitive for the consumer 

How Much is California Dispensary Sales Tax? (Breakdown) (covasoftware.com)

This seems like a bit much to me

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yes and the consumer likes to pay less. I'm all for the legalization of marijuana but I don't think it needs burdensome regulation. Legalize it federally, let everyone grow and sell as much of it as they want and then the prices become competitive for the consumer 

How Much is California Dispensary Sales Tax? (Breakdown) (covasoftware.com)

This seems like a bit much to me

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I can’t solve everything bro. I’m down to overthrow the government but I think we’re gonna need a few more people on our side

Here are the crimes you can get away with under Los Angeles' new D.A.

As of Tuesday, many misdemeanor cases will be declined or dismissed prior to arraignment unless "factors for considerations" exist. The list of offenses includes trespassing, disturbing the peace, a minor in possession of alcohol, driving without a license, driving with a suspended license, making criminal threats, drug and paraphernalia possession, being under the influence of a controlled substance, public intoxication, loitering to commit prostitution and resisting arrest.

In addition, prosecutors will not seek the death penalty and those accused of misdemeanors and low-level felonies will be referred to community-based programs. 

For juveniles, those accused of misdemeanors will no longer be prosecuted.

"Our prosecutorial approach should be biased towards keeping youth out of the juvenile justice system and when they must become involved, our system must employ the “lightest touch” necessary in order to provide public safety," Gascon said in another order. 

Gascon's office will also decline to seek bail for anyone charged with a misdemeanor or non-violent crime and will end the use of sentencing enhancements.

The LAPD is facing a proposed $150 million budget cut, which the city approved in July and which will lead to the lowest staffing level in 12 years at the department.

4 hours ago, Redondo said:

Here are the crimes you can get away with under Los Angeles' new D.A.

As of Tuesday, many misdemeanor cases will be declined or dismissed prior to arraignment unless "factors for considerations" exist. The list of offenses includes trespassing, disturbing the peace, a minor in possession of alcohol, driving without a license, driving with a suspended license, making criminal threats, drug and paraphernalia possession, being under the influence of a controlled substance, public intoxication, loitering to commit prostitution and resisting arrest.

In addition, prosecutors will not seek the death penalty and those accused of misdemeanors and low-level felonies will be referred to community-based programs. 

For juveniles, those accused of misdemeanors will no longer be prosecuted.

"Our prosecutorial approach should be biased towards keeping youth out of the juvenile justice system and when they must become involved, our system must employ the “lightest touch” necessary in order to provide public safety," Gascon said in another order. 

Gascon's office will also decline to seek bail for anyone charged with a misdemeanor or non-violent crime and will end the use of sentencing enhancements.

The LAPD is facing a proposed $150 million budget cut, which the city approved in July and which will lead to the lowest staffing level in 12 years at the department.

this is lunacy. they're giving license to people to do whatever the hell they want. no emphasis (again) on changing behavior. 

my brother is buying a place in the desert, and it's big enough for us to join him. this looks like a good list of reasons why we should.

6 minutes ago, Tank said:

this is lunacy. they're giving license to people to do whatever the hell they want. no emphasis (again) on changing behavior. 

You should read The New Jim Crow. It explains why simply educating people to "change their behavior" doesn't work when the system perpetuates oppression. 

6 minutes ago, Tank said:

my brother is buying a place in the desert, and it's big enough for us to join him. this looks like a good list of reasons why we should.

Palm Desert? Definitely not a bad place to live. The winters have pristine weather.

2 hours ago, Tank said:

Legitimizing the homeless populations. But willing to bet if you have anything to lose, you will get charged. Walter Sobchek is gonna blow a gasket

B7B25D12-6BAB-4437-B34D-3EE03B5979F3.jpeg