• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Until Arte Wakes Up...

Anyone out there who can still come up with a reason, er excuse, for Scioscia?

Fact is... there has been no reason or excuse, for a long time.

Contract???

Arte eats contracts for lunch. Money has never stopped Arte from doing anything.

Name me one time that money has ever kept Arte from getting what he wants.

Money has never been a problem. Baseball smarts have been a problem...THE problem, aside form blind loyalty and the inability to admit that his loyalty IS A PROBLEM.

An astute business owner has to learn that loyalty can actually be a fault.

In his foray into baseball, Arte Moreno has allowed his loyalties to cloud his vision, and it has cost his FANS seasons and more seasons, of failure.

Arte owes it to his legions of fans to finally wake up...WAKE THE F UP!!!

The problem isn't so much with Scioscia, it is with Arte, who refuses to wake up from his personal dream.

ARTE...HEY!!!

Please Wake Up...

Everyone discounts spring training games but if you add it all up we are 21-39 overall. Last in MLB.

In ~3 years the Astros could be legitimate contenders for the division when their prospects mature. By then the Angels will be paying 4 players in the mid 30s $100M. Very bleak outlook not just for this season but for a long time to come. 

It was just ST. Even I thought this team would out play ST..

I was so hoping that Scioscia was going to pull this whole thing together this year.

I was pulling for him, and giving him every confidence and every break.

I really thought this was the year that he was going to amaze us all, and better yet prove me wrong.

Yeah, it's beginning to look pretty bleak. Something's gotta change soon.

I don't even remember how long I have been thinking that.

Something HAS to change soon....

It is many years later now..and nothing has changed, and it has to be on Arte Moreno.

Great to be a loyal guy, but he is screwing the fans of his team.

Where are your loyalties best shown?

To a manager who you owe millions to, for unknown reasons, for zero WS appearances?

Or to your fans, many of whom were fans long before you bought THEIR team?

THIS IS OUR TEAM!!!

This is not your team Arte, it is ours.

You are losing us, by forgetting that, if you ever got it, which I am beginning to doubt.

Homebrewer, don't know how to break this to you, but it is not your team.  It belongs to Arte, it's not a public company, you don't own any part of it.  It's like going to a movie, you make a payment to get admitted to the show, or watch it on TV, or listen to it on the radio.  You can stay home and make your statement, but in the end it belongs to the owners, and you are not an owner.

You can dent his revenue stream by not paying to watch the entertainment provided by the owners, and he can bust up your day by moving his team elsewhere.  It's that simple, really.

In ~3 years the Astros could be legitimate contenders for the division when their prospects mature. By then the Angels will be paying 4 players in the mid 30s $100M. Very bleak outlook not just for this season but for a long time to come. 

The way this team is playing, the CUBS will be competing in the NLC, before this team can beat the A's or the Rangers.

That is bad.

Just the way Trout looks on the baseball field this year, is much larger, the largest indictment of Mike Scioscia as a poor manager, than any insults anyone can dish out on a MB.

There are no unkind words, or nasty slams, that can match the ugly play that Scioscia is getting from his players.

Arte is a mess as a baseball owner.

Arte's loyalties are to his paid personalities. Scioscia, His so called "partner" Albert Pujols, and his "Brother in Jesus" Josh Hamilton... Not the paying, long time fans.... of them team he BOUGHT from the Disney CORPORATION.

He so wanted to be liked .. he lowered BEER prices.. and that lasted for what, a year or two.. A DECADE AGO...and they are right back up in the stratosphere...15 bucks for a large Corona, which is crap beer..but people are such sheep that they STILL talk about it! ..Like it is some kind of reality.

He used to walk around the park and greet the fans. He is nowhere to be seen now.

Starting with REAGINS he has made one stupid move after another, capped off with an idiotic 10 year contract to a bad manager.

Arte has not taken this team anywhere above what Disney sold to him, yet the supposed value of the team has quadrupled..

Which is all he seems to care about.

People praise Arte like he is some kind of God.

Sorry if I don't fall down in praise of him, because other than money, I don't see where he brings all that much to the table.

You know what I see when I look at Arte Moreno?

I see a guy who put Tony Reagins in charge of a team who was up and coming and on the verge of being VERY successful.

EPIC FAIL...

Epic enough to dig a decade hole for a team that had just come out of 4 freakin decades of fail, and was ready to emerge as a force.

Arte Moreno is no great owner.

People still love the guy...FOR WHAT??

I don't get it.

People will answer my rant on Arte with something brilliant and insightful like "It could be worse"

Just like my many rants on Scioscia that have been answered by "There is nobody better"

So I will answer them, now.

No, it can't get worse. This is as bad as it gets for a 170+ million payroll team.

Yes, there are many, much better baseball minds, than Mike Scioscia.

Anyone that can argue these obvious FACTS, can try to convince their dog...

Contract???

Arte eats contracts for lunch. Money has never stopped Arte from doing anything.

Money has never been a problem. Baseball smarts have been a problem...THE problem, aside form blind loyalty and the inability to admit that his loyalty IS A PROBLEM.

In his foray into baseball, Arte Moreno has allowed his loyalties to cloud his vision, and it has cost his FANS seasons and more seasons, of failure.

The problem isn't so much with Scioscia, it is with Arte, who refuses to wake up from his personal dream.

ARTE...HEY!!!

Please Wake Up...

you know absolutely nothing about Arte other than what you see as a fan from the outside looking in.  You know nothing about his true level of loyalty to any particular individual.  Nor do I or anyone else on this board for that matter.  Calling him out on something that you have very little to go on is arrogant and tiresome.  If and when Arte and the front office decide it's in the best interest of the team to make a leadership change then they will and frankly neither me nor you nor the rest of us will know the exact reasons why it happened so put your false bravado back on the shelf and keep your misguided vendettas to yourself.   

"You know absolutely nothing about Arte other than what you see as a fan from the outside looking in."

Ummm yeah. I totally know that I know nothing else than what I see as a fan, looking in.

You have something more than that?

I have backed up my humble opinion. Now, if you have some kind of inside information that I have no access to...please enlighten us all. Admittedly,  ALL I HAVE...is a lifetime of following baseball to form my opinions with.

You sound like you have personal reasons to be defensive.

What might those be?

keep your misguided vendettas to yourself.

My "misguided vendetta" is no playoffs for a fourth year, being a fan of a team that is hovering around such vaunted teams as the Marlins, Astros, Cubs, Mets... no the Mets are better.

Marlins, Astros, Mariners...

No Mariners are better..

This organization stinks right now.

Unless you have some relatives involved in it, I have no idea how you can be so indignant about someone stating a fact.

you know absolutely nothing about Arte other than what you see as a fan from the outside looking in.  You know nothing about his true level of loyalty to any particular individual.  Nor do I or anyone else on this board for that matter.  Calling him out on something that you have very little to go on is arrogant and tiresome.  If and when Arte and the front office decide it's in the best interest of the team to make a leadership change then they will and frankly neither me nor you nor the rest of us will know the exact reasons why it happened so put your false bravado back on the shelf and keep your misguided vendettas to yourself.   

Calling him out on something that you have very little to go on is arrogant and tiresome.

OK...we should just go to games, pay our money, win or lose, and shut the hell up?

Arte's loyalties are to his paid personalities. Scioscia, His so called "partner" Albert Pujols, and his "Brother in Jesus" Josh Hamilton... Not the paying, long time fans.... of them team he BOUGHT from the Disney CORPORATION.

He so wanted to be liked .. he lowered BEER prices.. and that lasted for what, a year or two.. A DECADE AGO...and they are right back up in the stratosphere...15 bucks for a large Corona, which is crap beer..but people are such sheep that they STILL talk about it! ..Like it is some kind of reality.

He used to walk around the park and greet the fans. He is nowhere to be seen now.

Starting with REAGINS he has made one stupid move after another, capped off with an idiotic 10 year contract to a bad manager.

Arte has not taken this team anywhere above what Disney sold to him, yet the supposed value of the team has quadrupled..

Which is all he seems to care about.

People praise Arte like he is some kind of God.

Sorry if I don't fall down in praise of him, because other than money, I don't see where he brings all that much to the table.

You know what I see when I look at Arte Moreno?

I see a guy who put Tony Reagins in charge of a team who was up and coming and on the verge of being VERY successful.

EPIC FAIL...

Epic enough to dig a decade hole for a team that had just come out of 4 freakin decades of fail, and was ready to emerge as a force.

Arte Moreno is no great owner.

People still love the guy...FOR WHAT??

I don't get it.

Youre pointing anger in the wrong direction. Moreno has done exactly what any good owner has done. He's repeatedly opened his wallet in an attempt to improve the team. Some of the moves havent paid off. Thats not on the owner. Its on the FO and the field personnel.

As far as your complaints in this post, I have only been to three games this year, but I saw Moreno at 2 of them. Maybe they werent the days you were there. What other owner does that routinely? As far as the beer prices....have you been to any other sports venue? Or entertainment in general? According to espn, last year the angels were 5th among all major teams in concession prices (not 5th highest, 5th best). http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/teamrankings/_/category/aff#table Its 2013. Youre going to a major sports venue to watch a team with a payroll in the top 8......if you think youre gonna score 5 dollar beers youre dreaming. You couldnt get 5 dollar beers at a major sports bar, let alone a stadium. And the angels as a whole were ranked 23rd in affordability overall (all sports), with the 9th lowest ticket prices in baseball......

Everyone is pissed because of this start. We all are. But Arte isnt the problem. And as bad as we are right now, I can next to guarantee the money issues will not be near as big of a deal going forward as some are worrying about. The only real worry going forward is the organizational depth. 

I was thinking about this the other day. Take your being an Angels' fan and your favorite few players out of it. If you could trade the Angels entire major and minor league rosters including payrolls with any other team in the AL West. Is there any team you wouldn't do it with? The Rangers are a no doubter and there are arguments for and against the other teams but the Angels have an inflexible roster and payroll situation and if they don't have the worst minor league system, I'd like to know who does. I'm starting to wonder if this franchise is heading towards the Yankees of the late 80's who were full of aging stars and bloated payrolls but finished no better than 4th 6 years in a row.

Contract???

ARTE...HEY!!!

Please Wake Up...

Why didn't you post this after Friday's game? Or Wednesday's?