• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calolfornia

7 minutes ago, Taylor said:

"I saw this meme on Facebook, so it must be true!"

@Second Base was just talking about this earlier in another thread. 

While this picture may not be legit, you know like 99.9% of what CNN reports, this is a huge problem that my friends and family have confirmed to me personally. 

4 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm glad Chuck is posting more on the political forum. This place needed more conservative viewpoints to balance things out.

I'm not sure you want me in this forum much and I'm damn sure my blood pressure doesn't. 

I just drop by every now and then to shit on the political forum's couch and then head out. lol

On 9/11/2019 at 2:23 AM, Rico said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2019/09/09/california-assembly-bill-allows-college-athletes-use-likeness/2269869001/

The California State Assembly on Monday overwhelmingly passed a bill that would allow college athletes to more easily make money off their own name, image and likeness, beginning Jan. 1, 2023.

why wait until 2023...?

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

How does getting a scholarship feed you or buy you clothes? Why can't a scholarship athlete earn money? Are other scholarship students prevented from doing this?

its called a job, you know like every other student?  Plus they do get stipends for this and mostly free room and board.
Sorry the dorm food inst 5 star but, such is life. 
Zero change im ever going to support this unless they want to give back thier scholarships, its utter crap. 

2 minutes ago, floplag said:

its called a job, you know like every other student?  Plus they do get stipends for this and mostly free room and board.
Zero change im ever going to support this unless they want to give back thier scholarships, its utter crap. 

1 minute ago, floplag said:

or, not.  
free education is getting paid, period. 

So students with a scholarship or scholarships are not allowed to have jobs in flopworld?

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Hey @Taylor, congrats.  You won the day yesterday! lol

Annotation 2019-10-30 114000.png

https://www.angelswin.com/leaderboard/

Thanks! Although, I have to give credit where credit is due.

Without President Donald J. Trump, there would be no basis for my "Mexico" post in the new Angel stadium thread, which garnered me 20 reputation points. Thanks, Trump!

40 minutes ago, floplag said:

Free clothes
Free room & board
Free food (maybe)
Must keep a daily work schedule that will take up most of your day
No rights to your name or likeness
Not allowed to accept compensation
No legal path to avoiding these circumstances

images.jpeg.bd684548fa2bf618f90d0f9fe2577fa3.jpeg

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Thanks! Although, I have to give credit where credit is due.

Without President Donald J. Trump, there would be no basis for my "Mexico" post in the new Angel stadium thread, which garnered me 20 reputation points. Thanks, Trump!

donald trump GIF

It's funny how people forget why there is a no job rule in the NCAA.  

Alabama:  Hey Billy Bob, we want you to come and play linebacker for us.

Billy Bob:  Thanks for the offer, but I'm looking at other schools but you are in the running.

Alabama Donor:  Billy Bob, my car dealership can use a new salesman.  We'll pay you $30k a year for your likeness.  That is, if you go to Alabama.

Billy Bob:  What do I have to do?

Alabama Donor:  Work.  /wink /wink /laugh hysterically

Billy Bob:  Ok, deal.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

It's funny how people forget why there is a no job rule in the NCAA.  

Alabama:  Hey Billy Bob, we want you to come and play linebacker for us.

Billy Bob:  Thanks for the offer, but I'm looking at other schools but you are in the running.

Alabama Donor:  Billy Bob, my car dealership can use a new salesman.  We'll pay you $30k a year for your likeness.  That is, if you go to Alabama.

Billy Bob:  What do I have to do?

Alabama Donor:  Work.  /wink /wink /laugh hysterically

Billy Bob:  Ok, deal.

Honestly, I have no problem with this as long as every school is allowed to do it.  Let the kids be paid for their talent. 

The NCAA brings in 1 billion a year in revenue. Plenty of people get rich off it.  But the actual talent can't earn some money on the side by promoting stuff?

7 hours ago, arch stanton said:

How does getting a scholarship feed you or buy you clothes? Why can't a scholarship athlete earn money? Are other scholarship students prevented from doing this?

My best friend had a partial scholarship to UC Davis and maintained a part time job as he studied for his veterinarian diploma. Like a lot of other students that didn't get a complete free ride. 

13 minutes ago, Rico said:

Honestly, I have no problem with this as long as every school is allowed to do it.  Let the kids be paid for their talent. 

The NCAA brings in 1 billion a year in revenue. Plenty of people get rich off it.  But the actual talent can't earn some money on the side by promoting stuff?

They get a free education with free room and board.  They earn plenty of money.  If they want to earn money for playing sports, they should go right to the minor leagues.  Oh wait, NBA and NFL don't want to spend money for a minor leagues.  But you don't seem to have this problem for the NHL and MLB.