• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calolfornia

18 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

It’s just sad to me that a bunch of commie pinko authoritarian fucks want to tell college athletes they don’t have the right to earn money from outside sources because they get a scholarship 

I like having a board communist. Variety is the spice of life.

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

It’s just sad to me that a bunch of commie pinko authoritarian fucks want to tell college athletes they don’t have the right to earn money from outside sources because they get a scholarship 

Nobody says they can't be a barrista at Starbucks or be the fry guy at In N Out. 

The bottom line is participation in college sports has become essentially a prerequisite for becoming a professional athlete. Schools rake in millions of dollars while 'student athletes' are paid in 'education,' despite many never attending class, writing their own papers, taking their own tests or in some cases even learning how to read.

The term 'student athlete' was even invented to try and keep up the charade.  It was designed to hide the fact that the NCAA, NFL and NBA had developed a symbiotic relationship that allowed the pro leagues to spin off the cost of player development onto the $0 cost labor NCAA who in return got to rake in billions in revenue.

6 hours ago, Taylor said:

I think we should stop giving full rides to athletes, and give the money to people who earn it by being good students. If the athlete is also a good student, give him or her a full ride.

Except the money you are talking about comes from college sports

18 hours ago, Taylor said:

Hmm...there seem to be plenty of red states in the top 10 and plenty of blue states in the bottom 10.

California Dems are the worst.

Agreed, they are the worst. I don’t think any other state has the same type of super majority that California has. It shows you the importance of having some type of balance.

Edited by Jason

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Agreed, they are the worst. I don’t think any other state has the same type of super majority that California has. It shows you the importance of having some type of balance.

Balance is necessary whether it's at the federal level, state level or even at a company of a certain size.  If one person or group has all the power and isn't checked, questioned or held to be accountable sooner or later it's going to backfire.  

16 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Except the money you are talking about comes from college sports

Even better. Take the money made from sports programs and give it to the people who are most likely to contribute to the world.

Just kidding, cons.

On 10/31/2019 at 11:53 AM, Taylor said:

Hmm...there seem to be plenty of red states in the top 10 and plenty of blue states in the bottom 10.

California Dems are the worst.

This is a little bit of deflection... when the 2 states literally responsible for Hillary and the Dems even being in the discussion of winning popular vote are in that top 10, the rest is fairly moot.  CA and NY need to lead the nation out of it, or its never going to happen, instead they are getting worse.