• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Top Gun

Anyone else have thoughts on this movie?

I had been lambasted by buddies through the years because in my young age I had seen parts on television, but I never watched it all the way through. I didn't really care for it on TV, then heard it was going away on Netflix starting December 1st, so I decided to watch it because I had never seen it all the way through. 

What a terrible film. On par with Face/Off in the realm of unwatchable 90's movies. I fastforwarded a couple times because I just couldn't take it. 

The jet scenes were OK but they played "Danger Zone" and "Take my breath away" like 4-6 times each throughout the movie and it made me want to puke. I can't believe this trash used to be mainstream Hollywood Film academia. It felt like I was watching "Saved by the Bell" in movie form. Ugh, I can't believe I wasted my time on this crap. None of it seemed real, the script was predictable, the whole thing seemed like a jerkoff to Val Kilmer and Tom Cruise. 

3/10 would never ever watch again, and I hope I never have to hear those 2 songs again either. 

You shut your mouth Cali, that movie is more documentsry than anything.

Funny enough i randomly endes up in the bar aith the piano a few weeks back when i was in san diego.

http://www.wearethemighty.com/articles/79-cringe-worthy-technical-errors-in-the-movie-top-gun

Arch, youll probably like that article.

Ill day this, as bad as the movie is (by todays standards, it was great in its day), the air scenes still hold up very well. not sure if its because of the film used or what not, but it still looks good today. and beats the shit of the lame cgi you see today.

And agreed, its no iron eagle. but top gun was more "fun", where iron eagle was supposed to be more serious. and realistic. agree, tank?

I love Top Gun!  Watching it as an adult I can see it for the terrible movie that it is( and very homoerotic) but for nostalgia purposes I still love it.  My wife and I started dating just a week or two before valentines day in 2012 so I didn't want to do anything too serious for the big day.  I made her dinner and then took her to see Top Gun in 3D during it's rerelease. My wife says she knew I was a keeper when I took her to that movie.  I was born in 85 and everyone my age that I know loves that movie too. 

5 hours ago, the dude abides said:

Wasn't Iron Eagle based on actual events?

Sort of. in real life, chappy wasnt shot down, doug played a lot more alice cooper than queen, and when doug landed there was karate involved.

Youre thinking of delta force. that was a true story. and chuck norris played himself.

5 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

And agreed, its no iron eagle. but top gun was more "fun", where iron eagle was supposed to be more serious. and realistic. agree, tank?

agreed, TORS. what could be more realistic than a movie about a kid flying a billion dollar jet to make a bombing run/rescue mission with his kid pals.

1 minute ago, Tank said:

agreed, TORS. what could be more realistic than a movie about a kid flying a billion dollar jet to make a bombing run/rescue mission with his kid pals.

Exactly. just like that movie "the rescue" with kevin dillon, and skippy from family ties.

The only thing that hurt iron eagle was when doug raced nacher in the great cessna vs dirtbike duel. that was stupid hollywood adding crap to an otherwise airtight script. everything else was like a medical thriller though, written by a scientist.