• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Top Gun

fuck you guys. the 80's was top gun, la gears, and overall shorts with the one strap hanging down. i even still remote drop that shit when it comes on tnt or whatever. it was the shit for the 80's.

although, the older i get and as the movie ages, the whole gay angle is tripping me out a bit because that movie was what being a man was in the 80's.....you drank with your buddies, were in the military, rode a motorcycle, and smashed your hot blonde superior. all manly things and a great reason to all play volleyball in jeans with your shirts off.

i think that is also the first movie i saw with my parents where there was a sex scene.....you know, being a kid and looking at them for approval when maverick and charlie (fuck, even the chicks name is a dude name!!) start to get down because at that ripe young age you don't know if you're allowed to watch scenes like that.....all while hopping you get to see some nipple.

On 11/28/2016 at 9:53 AM, cezero said:

i can already tell that eventually, somebody's going to start making fun of airwolf in this thread.

never make fun of airwolf. 

i remember doing a helicopter tour over maui with my parents once when i was a kid. 

we all get headphones, you can talk to the pilot and each other. and it starts with this cheesy music.

and im like "dude, you know what you should do, it swap that crap out for the airwolf theme song."

the pilot lit up in excitement like you wouldnt believe. so fun.

Being heavily into aviation, I liked the flying scenes. The acting was dreadful, and the plot was all over the place. Apart from the American planes posing as MiG-28s, a couple of things that Maverick did would have gotten a pilot's wings pulled and likely gotten him kicked out of the Navy: Buzzing the tower, and abandoning another pilot during a dogfight.

4 hours ago, Blarg said:

Why would you use anything but the Magnum PI theme song in a helicopter over Maui? It's an epic meditation on intangibility.

When i was younger, TC came to the restaraunt i worked at. i got excited, and yelled "TC!"

He didnt want to be recognized i dont think. and i was sad because he owned the helicopter...he was the cool one.

21 hours ago, Taggart said:

fuck you guys. the 80's was top gun, la gears, and overall shorts with the one strap hanging down. i even still remote drop that shit when it comes on tnt or whatever. it was the shit for the 80's.

although, the older i get and as the movie ages, the whole gay angle is tripping me out a bit because that movie was what being a man was in the 80's.....you drank with your buddies, were in the military, rode a motorcycle, and smashed your hot blonde superior. all manly things and a great reason to all play volleyball in jeans with your shirts off.

i think that is also the first movie i saw with my parents where there was a sex scene.....you know, being a kid and looking at them for approval when maverick and charlie (fuck, even the chicks name is a dude name!!) start to get down because at that ripe young age you don't know if you're allowed to watch scenes like that.....all while hopping you get to see some nipple.

Cut Cali some slack. His generation wasnt honna be impressed with some pretty boys flying around, with lame love stories and an unrealistic enemy.

His generation had vampire vs werewolf movies.

22 minutes ago, calscuf said:

That's his fault.  He knows Maverick.  He knows he's probably gonna bust the tower.  Yet every time Mav is coming in for a landing dude needs to have a fresh cup of coffee AND be drinking it? 

I'm sorry, but I believe in a little thing called personal responsibility.

once again, the lawyer has spoken.

keep up that kind of attitude and you'll be unemployed by spring.

13 hours ago, calscuf said:

That's his fault.  He knows Maverick.  He knows he's probably gonna bust the tower.  Yet every time Mav is coming in for a landing dude needs to have a fresh cup of coffee AND be drinking it? 

Don't forget he ran into the guy carrying all the cups of coffee as well.

I just think he has incredibly bad timing. 

I still use the line "Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full" at least once a month.

speaking of that, how was the pattern full when he and iceman were the only two planes in the air cuz both the god damned catapults on an aircraft carrier were broken?

oh and Meg Ryan's Carole was way cuter than Charlie. Probably didn't just lay there either.

14 hours ago, calscuf said:

Personal responsibility aside, you can't undo the need.  The need for speed

For what is really a pretty bad movie, there sure are a lot of quotable lines that are still used 30 years later. Even when they are used sarcastically or in jest, it's  impressive.

i also bet enlistment took off with that movie. Everyone wanted to be a  pilot. I know I wanted to grow up to be a pilot or an actor.

6 hours ago, Sully151 said:

For what is really a pretty bad movie, there sure are a lot of quotable lines that are still used 30 years later. Even when they are used sarcastically or in jest, it's  impressive.

i also bet enlistment took off with that movie. Everyone wanted to be a  pilot. I know I wanted to grow up to be a pilot or an actor.

Then they all found out that they had to do "Officer and a Gentleman" first and that despite what they'd inferred from the movie and listening to the Village People homosexuality is actually frowned upon.

On 11/30/2016 at 4:49 PM, AngelsLongBall said:

Would he have been able to explain to Sundown why they could have had him, man?

Funny you mention that. the sundowners are a squadron, and rhats the helmet that guy wore in the movie...his callsign was his squadron...ie, the one black dude in the movie didnt rate a name in the movie

On 11/29/2016 at 0:23 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Being heavily into aviation, I liked the flying scenes. The acting was dreadful, and the plot was all over the place. Apart from the American planes posing as MiG-28s, a couple of things that Maverick did would have gotten a pilot's wings pulled and likely gotten him kicked out of the Navy: Buzzing the tower, and abandoning another pilot during a dogfight.

Wait, what, those weren't real MIGs?  I'm not sure if I will ever be able to watch this movie again .