• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official World Series Thread

Tank

12 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

How do guys play with those bell bottom pants that hang way under their cleats? That would drive me nuts. I always liked my socks pulled up to under my kneecaps. 

On the replay that I think you're referring to, Smoltz made it clear he wasn't a fan of it.  He said something to the effect that it is an injury waiting to happen, which I can't say I agree.  I like the stirrups look or at least high socks but whatever.

5 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Weather for games 3-5 in Chicago looks good, no rain.   Really good in fact for this time of the year

Game 3: temps in the 60s

Game 4: temps in the upper 50s

Game 5: temps in the mid 50s

There are four most notable things about the weather in Chicago for the World Series:

1) The wind will be blowing out in Game 3 Friday night, with south-southwest winds from 10-20 mph.

2) Temperatures should be quite mild, by late October standards, particularly Friday and Saturday evenings.

3) There is a risk of light rain Saturday night as a cold front slides through.

4) Sunday night's Game 5 will likely be cooler, with a slight breeze off Lake Michigan.

4 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

That was the Arrieta who people saw in 2015 and first half of 2016.

That is huge!!!!

Schwarber is already making a difference.

If Bauer continues to pitch like that, they may need to have Merritt start in his place in game 6, if there is one.

Bauer is looking like Kershaw. Playoffs Kershaw,  in the late innings, in a pivotal game . 

Not good. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Bauer is looking like Kershaw. Playoffs Kershaw,  in the late innings, in a pivotal game . 

Not good. 

Gash a finger like that, get it sown up, rip it open again, get it sewn up again...shit, a paper cut bugs me for a couple of weeks, so you know that has to hurt.

Kinda reminds you of Wally Joyner, doesn't it? Not the cut of course, but the timing involved.