• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels should bring in Josh Reddick

16 hours ago, VariousCrap said:

This offseason, Reddick will be a big splash acquisition. He is one of the bigger names available. 

Fair enough but does that make him a better player just because hes one of the better available?
Regardless, i dont see the point unless they plan to also spend elsewhere, why sign Reddick to maybe get the third place?

3 minutes ago, floplag said:

Fair enough but does that make him a better player just because hes one of the better available?
Regardless, i dont see the point unless they plan to also spend elsewhere, why sign Reddick to maybe get the third place?

maybe im just a hopeless optimist, but i still think the Angels have a chance to win the division if the pitching can stay healthy.  

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

I see them chasing after buy low candidates .... someone like Desmond Jennings..

Didn't he screw up his knee again? Or, was that someone else on the Rays~ (too lazy to look it up. K . thanks~)

***MOD EDIT:  NOBODY TELL HIM! STOP BEING A LAZY ASS, SLAPPY***

(sorry for yelling) 

Edited by Lou

3 hours ago, floplag said:

I totally agree.  I don't think the Angels should go for someone like Reddick.  I would prefer to see them make moderate signings which will improve the team and make it so they make more deals this offseason.

If they don't go with Marte for LF, there are low cost guys like Jon Jay, Colby Rasmus and bounce back options like Carlos Gomez they could sign.

I'm not sure what they can do about 2B.

But they also need a couple BP arms (could Weaver be one?) and they'll need at least one more starter.

Just now, VariousCrap said:

I totally agree.  I don't think the Angels should go for someone like Reddick.  I would prefer to see them make moderate signings which will improve the team and make it so they make more deals this offseason.

If they don't go with Marte for LF, there are low cost guys like Jon Jay, Colby Rasmus and bounce back options like Carlos Gomez they could sign.

I'm not sure what they can do about 2B.

But they also need a couple BP arms (could Weaver be one?) and they'll need at least one more starter.

how about Marte @ 3B,move Escobar to 2B and get a low-cost guy to play LF?

* i say this knowing nothing about Marte's ability to play 3B

8 minutes ago, Lou said:

how about Marte @ 3B,move Escobar to 2B and get a low-cost guy to play LF?

* i say this knowing nothing about Marte's ability to play 3B

Isn't Marte's real position 3B?  I believe it is, but maybe I'm wrong?

My question is would Esco be acceptable at 2B?  If Marte's natural position is 3B, it would have made more sense to move Esco to 2B (if they believe he could play it) and have Marte at 3B rather than putting Marte in LF where he had never played before in 2016.

12 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

Isn't Marte's real position 3B?  I believe it is, but maybe I'm wrong?

My question is would Esco be acceptable at 2B?  If Marte's natural position is 3B, it would have made more sense to move Esco to 2B (if they believe he could play it) and have Marte at 3B rather than putting Marte in LF where he had never played before in 2016.

yeah, I think it is. I just don't have any idea if he's a good fielder or not. 

if Marte had played 3B this year, we would still have needed a LFer. We were better set at 2B than LF. I don't think they wanted to move Escobar in the middle of the season, not necessarily because he played well at 3B, but more of a " he's hitting well and getting on base so let's not screw him up by making a drastic change"

i get the idea Escobar isn't all that mentally strong 

Edited by Lou

2 hours ago, VariousCrap said:

Jennings isn't a Free Agent until 2018.

Jennings was released by the Rays...   https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/08/rays-to-release-desmond-jennings.html   I believe he is currently a FA.   I don't know that anyone else picked him up since his release but it's unlikely anyone who would have would be willing to tender him a contract given his 3.3 mil salary last year.

17 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Jennings was released by the Rays...   https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/08/rays-to-release-desmond-jennings.html   I believe he is currently a FA.   I don't know that anyone else picked him up since his release but it's unlikely anyone who would have would be willing to tender him a contract given his 3.3 mil salary last year.

I was unaware he was released.  I like the idea of him as a bounce back candidate, but I have to think his recent injury issues with his leg would give anyone a concern.  If the Angels decided to go with a bounce back candidate, I would just think that Carlos Gomez is the better move.  His upside is much higher.  I also think Pujols influence on Gomez would be huge.